Open TigerLinks

Ole Miss. I told you so thread
Bookmark and Share
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Ole Miss. I told you so thread
Frick you ole miss cheaters. I told you so

If I tell you a chicken dips snuff you better look under its wing for the can.

Lmao.

To the pit of misery.
12-01-2017 12:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tiger57 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tigers
RE: Ole Miss. I told you so thread
NTR
12-01-2017 12:46 PM
UOFMGLENN Offline
The Grand Wazoo

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Dilly dilly
12-01-2017 12:46 PM
tigernole79 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kool-Aid
The core penalties, per a source close to Ole Miss:
An additional bowl-ban year (2018).
Because of that total two-year bowl ban, NCAA rules give Ole Miss seniors the freedom to transfer elsewhere without sitting out a season.
Probation running concurrently with current probation for a total of four years.
Financial penalties, added to self-imposed sanctions, and totaling $179,000.
A total scholarship reduction of 13 over a period of years. That’s in addition to the 11 over four years that Ole Miss self-imposed, which already meant three or four fewer scholarship players per year.
Every coach named in the NCAA’s investigation has received a show-cause (essentially an NCAA blackball for a period of time) of varying lengths. That doesn’t include new head coach Matt Luke, who wasn’t named. Former head coach Hugh Freeze would receive a two-game suspension, if hired elsewhere. Former assistant David Saunders’ show-cause runs for eight years. Former staffer Barney Farrar faces five.
12-01-2017 01:03 PM
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
A) NTR
B) Could've been worse
12-01-2017 01:04 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

Is their win over us Vacated?
12-01-2017 01:05 PM
Advertisement

tigernole79 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kool-Aid
And this IS Tiger related, because their punishment in recruiting restrictions could very well help Memphis. Not to mention we might be able to land some of their players.

If you're an ole miss transfer, unless you can go to a program with an established coach... are you really going to transfer to any other team locally?! The only team in the West that might not be breaking in a new coaching staff next season is Bama and LSU. If Gus doesn't leave Auburn, you can make 3 out of 7 that won't be starting over. As a senior, would you want to put up with that?
12-01-2017 01:06 PM
BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-01-2017 01:04 PM)HometownTiger Wrote:  A) NTR
B) Could've been worse

I thought you said no additional probation for the Land Sharks 01-wingedeagle
12-01-2017 01:16 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

Best bowl game in history, top 20 ranking, and a nuclear karma bomb in Oxford.

Damn fine day
12-01-2017 01:16 PM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

Dilly Dilly!
12-01-2017 01:19 PM
Draelius Offline
1st String

I Root For: Univ. of Miss.
I think we kind of got off light.

The 2nd year bowl ban hurts. Not sure we were going bowling next year anyway, but still. Vacated wins are the 2 in 2011 and 7 in 2012.

As for scholarship reductions, the actual number of 13 looks bad, but they counted the self-imposed ones so far, so the actual reduction is 4 for the upcoming singing period and 3 for the 2018-19 signing period. That's manageable.

Key will be to keep the transfers to a minimum. Seniors can go at will. I'm sure someone is paying Mr. Mars to try and get the rest, so it will be something to watch.

Could have be worse. A lot worse. And at least now we know and can get back to business.
12-01-2017 01:37 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

(12-01-2017 01:37 PM)Draelius Wrote:  I think we kind of got off light.

The 2nd year bowl ban hurts. Not sure we were going bowling next year anyway, but still. Vacated wins are the 2 in 2011 and 7 in 2012.

As for scholarship reductions, the actual number of 13 looks bad, but they counted the self-imposed ones so far, so the actual reduction is 4 for the upcoming singing period and 3 for the 2018-19 signing period. That's manageable.

Key will be to keep the transfers to a minimum. Seniors can go at will. I'm sure someone is paying Mr. Mars to try and get the rest, so it will be something to watch.

Could have be worse. A lot worse. And at least now we know and can get back to business.

Bwahahahaha. Stop.
12-01-2017 01:38 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Sanity
(12-01-2017 01:38 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

Bwahahahaha. Stop.

He's right, Shere. Who gives a flip about missing some 3rd rate bowl game next year, except the seniors who don't get the final party?

It's not much of a penalty. Scholarship reductions very manageable. Old coaches getting show causes does not hurt the Rebels going forward.

Message here is that cheating works. But, if you're caught, cooperate quickly and take your punishment.
12-01-2017 01:44 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(12-01-2017 01:44 PM)Tigx Wrote:  

Bwahahahaha. Stop.

He's right, Shere. Who gives a flip about missing some 3rd rate bowl game next year, except the seniors who don't get the final party?

It's not much of a penalty. Scholarship reductions very manageable. Old coaches getting show causes does not hurt the Rebels going forward.

Message here is that cheating works. But, if you're caught, cooperate quickly and take your punishment.

You really want me to itemize the bill. It will be fun but is it really necessary.

Lmao
12-01-2017 01:54 PM
HiTiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: UoM
(12-01-2017 01:16 PM)shere khan Wrote:  Best bowl game in history, top 20 ranking, and a nuclear karma bomb in Oxford.

Damn fine day

Don't forget the debacle of whatever you want to call it happening in knoxville. Damn fine day indeed.
12-01-2017 01:56 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-01-2017 01:54 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

Bwahahahaha. Stop.

You really want me to itemize the bill. It will be fun but is it really necessary.

Have no idea what that means.

Point remains, Ole Miss got off light.
12-01-2017 01:56 PM
Advertisement

80sTiger Offline
Why Am I Stuck on 'Water Engineer' ?

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
They did get off light compared to what most were expecting. Just one more year of bowl ban, and they don't have to take it next year. And most of the scholly reductions were already self-imposed. The vacated games really are meaningless as are the fines. The coaching staff main players were already gone and Freeze could coach next year (with 2 game suspension which is meaningless).
12-01-2017 02:00 PM
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

Wasn't no 2 additional years and 30/3 was it doe
12-01-2017 02:02 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(12-01-2017 01:56 PM)Tigx Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 01:54 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

Bwahahahaha. Stop.

Have no idea what that means.

Point remains, Ole Miss got off light.

Bwahahahaha.

From hugh freeze daring the ncaa to turn him in to a show cause every coach, 2 year bowl ban, fines, vacated wins, lost scholarships, 4 yr probation. Sanctimonious phony coach fired for calling hookers.

Yeah that's light, lol. Should be middle of the pack in the SEC West in about 10 years.

Light

Lmao
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2017 02:05 PM by shere khan.)
12-01-2017 02:03 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

Shere, no one dislikes the phony dial-a-hooker coach more than me. That no longer has anything to do with Ole Miss. Who cares about vacated wins or former coach show causes? Fines? Pfft, Ole Miss has plenty of money.

Point is the Ole Miss football program is pretty happy today. As they should be.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2017 02:11 PM by Tigx.)
12-01-2017 02:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.