Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The #1 thing I HATE about political discussion...
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
Forgive me, this is my first post in the spin room.

I hate the fact that if you criticize one political party then people automatically assume you support the other party. I hate hate hate this. Here's a scenario that I constantly find myself in:

Me: "Trump is an absolute IDIOT and is not fit to be POTUS"
Them: "You libtard Hillary loving demofascist Obama supporter!!!!"
Me: "Hillary is also an idiot and not fit to be POTUS. And I did not vote for or support Obama
Them: *face just stares in silence and can't comprehend having this thought process

I hate the fact that when I criticize Trump/Repiblicans I immediately have to back it up with "Btw, I did not vote for or support the Democrat party", and vice versa when criticizing Hillary/Democrats...because otherwise I'm (insert opposite political party)

Does anyone else have this dilemma?? I'm pretty darn sure if I created a thread here saying "Trump is a fool" about 99% would assume I voted Democrat. Why is that?
11-30-2017 01:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: The #1 thing I HATE about political discussion...
lol.....

search and review PaulM's posts on this board.....

you guys will fit in like Flynn....
11-30-2017 01:46 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(11-30-2017 01:11 AM)TTT Wrote:  Forgive me, this is my first post in the spin room.

I hate the fact that if you criticize one political party then people automatically assume you support the other party. I hate hate hate this. Here's a scenario that I constantly find myself in:

Me: "Hillary is also an idiot and not fit to be POTUS. And I did not vote for or support Obama
Them: *face just stares in silence and can't comprehend having this thought process

I hate the fact that when I criticize Trump/Repiblicans I immediately have to back it up with "Btw, I did not vote for or support the Democrat party", and vice versa when criticizing Hillary/Democrats...because otherwise I'm (insert opposite political party)

Does anyone else have this dilemma?? I'm pretty darn sure if I created a thread here saying "Trump is a fool" about 99% would assume I voted Democrat. Why is that?

Why is that? You must obviously find that in the 21st century thinking, researching, and discovering the truth for yourself is an outdated and threatened approach to life. If you can't sum up all of your thoughts by punching like on a tweet then you just don't fit in.

Life is so busy now that nobody is expected to spend/waste time pondering the motives behind accusations, studying the available information, and drawing your own conclusions. This makes you inefficient, and unreliable! Get back to your cubicle, listen to the stance of your corporate employer, and get in line!

Continued thought will label you as rebellious, and dangerous. If you can not be accurately profiled and placed into a definitive group how can advertisers ever pound you with exactly what it is that you secretly want to purchase so that you are exactly like everyone else that shares your profile. And since advertising is expensive you must fit into one of two diametrically opposed groups.

Besides this model is centuries old. Dante described it in his first bolgia of Hell. If you don't fall directly into either of the preferred political parties you may be an enemy of the state because obviously you don't support the pre-selected, lobbied for, and duplicitous corporate positions. Therefore you waste taxpayers' money by pulling the lever for some minor party candidate, or worse you actually write in names.

But rest assured the local school system will tag your children and do everything in their power to make sure they do not turn out like their parents.

But don't worry I'm sure that Apple and Microsoft are working on cerebral implants that will assist all of us in our compliance. You see there are only two teams in the United States. There's team blue and team red. Team red works best for us when we need to destroy the enemies of corporate America overseas. They get team red whipped up with a fervor so that we spend whatever it takes to accomplish the job and keep us safe.

Team blue works for attacking social problems at home, but in ways that benefit corporate interests. Take health care for instance. With Baby Boomers retiring in record numbers health insurance companies are facing massive payouts with retirement age medical procedures to prolong life for that generation. The Affordable Care Act does two things that team blue can be proud of. It limits the kinds of procedures that retirees can have past a certain age and it discourages doctors from ordering expensive diagnostic tests thus saving the insurance companies massive payouts. This is good because it improves the earnings quarterly and drives up stock values. It also affects the National Debt. As thousands of Boomers start to die daily from undetected medical issues Social Security saves money. Some might call this a passive purge, but it's not. It's really profitable neglect.

Secondly the poor now have to pay up to as much as $750 per month (a little over half of most of their take home pay) so they too can get limited care. And just think now that it is mandated corporately owned hospitals no longer have to just hand out care to anyone like they did before the ACA. So if you are a liberal millionaire you can rest easy at night knowing that you, as a member of team blue, have struck a deal for the poor and saved money on your investments in both the insurance companies in your portfolio and on decreasing the amount of tax money that must be raised to support the sagging SSI revenue.

So billionaires like Trump and Soros get to tag team the American masses. When the arms corporations stocks are sagging and the military and industrial complex needs a boost you can get ready for a short sting abroad busting stuff and putting people to work. When insurance companies face record payouts for natural disasters FEMA steps in and cleans up the devastated areas, literally. If it is a major health care crisis your investments are protected by lobbied for restrictions. If Big Pharma suffers they lower the required blood pressure and cholesterol levels again so the Surgeon General can strongly recommend more meds for all of us.

But this is all family friendly. When two paycheck households and working moms were stressed they gave us valium. When that was abused they dropped that practice and gave our children ritalin. When that was pulled they gave our children counseling and blamed us. They're so wise and thoughtful!

Now the software people support team blue mostly but they also permit spyware for your mobile devices and PC's, but of course just for your protection. So you might say they are hawkish in their dove like behavior. And just think whatever they provide to the government for our security pales in comparison to the wonderful ways they can profile your keystrokes to know how to offer exactly what you may have searched for in the past.

So you see they know already what is best for you, your kids, and your future and they have plans for your investments and know when you exceeded your productivity and are even planning to help ease you out when the time comes. It's only natural. They can turn your hospitalization, declining years and even your death into record profits so that your children's 401K's can turn a profit. (Sorry but pensions are no longer allowed as they simply weren't profitable). But they are billionaires and know best so why must you actually think.

As long as you have football and other sports to watch on your shopping network delivery system and as long as the grocer can provide you with mediocre quality foods, and you can eat out on your credit, enjoy a healthy sex life with the wife, and make sure your kids are average enough never to threaten the status quo, then they will make sure you live in a poorly constructed home just like the rest of your peers, and that you will never fall to low or climb too high for your own good.

So what will it be sir? Team Red or Team Blue? Both get you to the same destination. But just like in 1915 - 18 Russia don't try out for Team White. It's not healthy! You Tsarist!

So relax your brain, go with the flow, and you can't go wrong! And if it comes to it there will be free beer for everyone who actually gives a damn. If it doesn't destroy your brain sufficiently to impair thought, it will make you fat enough to not be a threat. All that will have happened then is that you will have left Team Red for Team Blue and that's still okay!

Does that explain why?
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2017 02:50 AM by JRsec.)
11-30-2017 02:40 AM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
(11-30-2017 02:40 AM)JRsec Wrote:  
(11-30-2017 01:11 AM)TTT Wrote:  Forgive me, this is my first post in the spin room.

Why is that? You must obviously find that in the 21st century thinking, researching, and discovering the truth for yourself is an outdated and threatened approach to life. If you can't sum up all of your thoughts by punching like on a tweet then you just don't fit in.

Life is so busy now that nobody is expected to spend/waste time pondering the motives behind accusations, studying the available information, and drawing your own conclusions. This makes you inefficient, and unreliable! Get back to your cubicle, listen to the stance of your corporate employer, and get in line!

Continued thought will label you as rebellious, and dangerous. If you can not be accurately profiled and placed into a definitive group how can advertisers ever pound you with exactly what it is that you secretly want to purchase so that you are exactly like everyone else that shares your profile. And since advertising is expensive you must fit into one of two diametrically opposed groups.

Besides this model is centuries old. Dante described it in his first bolgia of Hell. If you don't fall directly into either of the preferred political parties you may be an enemy of the state because obviously you don't support the pre-selected, lobbied for, and duplicitous corporate positions. Therefore you waste taxpayers' money by pulling the lever for some minor party candidate, or worse you actually write in names.

But rest assured the local school system will tag your children and do everything in their power to make sure they do not turn out like their parents.

But don't worry I'm sure that Apple and Microsoft are working on cerebral implants that will assist all of us in our compliance. You see there are only two teams in the United States. There's team blue and team red. Team red works best for us when we need to destroy the enemies of corporate America overseas. They get team red whipped up with a fervor so that we spend whatever it takes to accomplish the job and keep us safe.

Team blue works for attacking social problems at home, but in ways that benefit corporate interests. Take health care for instance. With Baby Boomers retiring in record numbers health insurance companies are facing massive payouts with retirement age medical procedures to prolong life for that generation. The Affordable Care Act does two things that team blue can be proud of. It limits the kinds of procedures that retirees can have past a certain age and it discourages doctors from ordering expensive diagnostic tests thus saving the insurance companies massive payouts. This is good because it improves the earnings quarterly and drives up stock values. It also affects the National Debt. As thousands of Boomers start to die daily from undetected medical issues Social Security saves money. Some might call this a passive purge, but it's not. It's really profitable neglect.

Secondly the poor now have to pay up to as much as $750 per month (a little over half of most of their take home pay) so they too can get limited care. And just think now that it is mandated corporately owned hospitals no longer have to just hand out care to anyone like they did before the ACA. So if you are a liberal millionaire you can rest easy at night knowing that you, as a member of team blue, have struck a deal for the poor and saved money on your investments in both the insurance companies in your portfolio and on decreasing the amount of tax money that must be raised to support the sagging SSI revenue.

So billionaires like Trump and Soros get to tag team the American masses. When the arms corporations stocks are sagging and the military and industrial complex needs a boost you can get ready for a short sting abroad busting stuff and putting people to work. When insurance companies face record payouts for natural disasters FEMA steps in and cleans up the devastated areas, literally. If it is a major health care crisis your investments are protected by lobbied for restrictions. If Big Pharma suffers they lower the required blood pressure and cholesterol levels again so the Surgeon General can strongly recommend more meds for all of us.

But this is all family friendly. When two paycheck households and working moms were stressed they gave us valium. When that was abused they dropped that practice and gave our children ritalin. When that was pulled they gave our children counseling and blamed us. They're so wise and thoughtful!

Now the software people support team blue mostly but they also permit spyware for your mobile devices and PC's, but of course just for your protection. So you might say they are hawkish in their dove like behavior. And just think whatever they provide to the government for our security pales in comparison to the wonderful ways they can profile your keystrokes to know how to offer exactly what you may have searched for in the past.

So you see they know already what is best for you, your kids, and your future and they have plans for your investments and know when you exceeded your productivity and are even planning to help ease you out when the time comes. It's only natural. They can turn your hospitalization, declining years and even your death into record profits so that your children's 401K's can turn a profit. (Sorry but pensions are no longer allowed as they simply weren't profitable). But they are billionaires and know best so why must you actually think.

As long as you have football and other sports to watch on your shopping network delivery system and as long as the grocer can provide you with mediocre quality foods, and you can eat out on your credit, enjoy a healthy sex life with the wife, and make sure your kids are average enough never to threaten the status quo, then they will make sure you live in a poorly constructed home just like the rest of your peers, and that you will never fall to low or climb too high for your own good.

So what will it be sir? Team Red or Team Blue? Both get you to the same destination. But just like in 1915 - 18 Russia don't try out for Team White. It's not healthy! You Tsarist!

So relax your brain, go with the flow, and you can't go wrong! And if it comes to it there will be free beer for everyone who actually gives a damn. If it doesn't destroy your brain sufficiently to impair thought, it will make you fat enough to not be a threat. All that will have happened then is that you will have left Team Red for Team Blue and that's still okay!

Does that explain why?

Deep down I feel like my political views most accurately reflect Carlin's American Dream bit:

Truer words have never been spoken.
11-30-2017 03:11 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(11-30-2017 03:11 AM)TTT Wrote:  
(11-30-2017 02:40 AM)JRsec Wrote:  

Does that explain why?

Deep down I feel like my political views most accurately reflect Carlin's American Dream bit:

Truer words have never been spoken.

That's because George was a realists who thought for himself and refused to follow the distractions. In a way he was like Toto in the Wizard of Oz. It's painful to pull that curtain back isn't it?
11-30-2017 03:28 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Trump broke 2 more, lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
11-30-2017 05:56 AM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC

You did not criticize one political party. Also Trump is not an idiot and he fully fit to be
POTUS.
11-30-2017 09:17 AM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina

Welcome to the big boy table. I suggest thicker skin.
11-30-2017 09:20 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(11-30-2017 01:11 AM)TTT Wrote:  I'm pretty darn sure if I created a thread here saying "Trump is a fool" about 99% would assume I voted Democrat. Why is that?

Considering your statement, why on earth would anyone assume otherwise?
11-30-2017 09:33 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Considering the amount of criticism he gets from the right, seems a stretch to assume one would be a Dem.
11-30-2017 09:45 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
The only people who criticize more than liberals are fellow libertarians who actually thought airhead Gary was a quality candidate (again). Those folks are perpetually angry.
11-30-2017 10:15 AM
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12

Yup

That's what happened to me on this forum. I supported Obama so now I'm a pinko communist Hillary lover.
11-30-2017 10:49 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(11-30-2017 10:49 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  

Yup

That's what happened to me on this forum. I supported Obama so now I'm a pinko communist Hillary lover.

Did you vote for Hillary? Be honest.......

Btw, Obama is more of a communist than Hillary easily. Hillary really isn't communist, just a slimy crook.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2017 11:00 AM by Crebman.)
11-30-2017 10:59 AM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
Correction, Trump is a Moron.
11-30-2017 11:22 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators

Yup

That's not true at all. You were only labeled a troll. Big difference.
11-30-2017 11:27 AM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
(11-30-2017 05:56 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  Trump broke 2 more, lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

IDK about that. JR had a pretty good view overall on the D vs R game that we are supposed to play. In the end, both parties are slaves to their masters - i.e. those who give the donations.

Kinda the point on why people have faith in Trump. It remains to be seen if the faith is misplaced. I'm skeptical but hopeful.
11-30-2017 11:43 AM
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(11-30-2017 10:59 AM)Crebman Wrote:  

Yup

Did you vote for Hillary? Be honest.......

Btw, Obama is more of a communist than Hillary easily. Hillary really isn't communist, just a slimy crook.

I did not. As a matter of fact, that last time I voted for President was Obama's first term.

I also voted for him in the primary over Hillary.
11-30-2017 12:02 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(11-30-2017 11:22 AM)cb4029 Wrote:  Correction, Trump is a Moron.

https://www.trump.com/

That is analysis CB. Don't you have a yahoo aggregated story to post?
11-30-2017 12:28 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(11-30-2017 01:11 AM)TTT Wrote:  I hate the fact that if you criticize one political party then people automatically assume you support the other party.

First, there are morons in every forum on every site.... ONE of them is going to engage you at some point. Politics is like flowers to a bee... which is why people say you don't discuss it at social events.

Second, I think MANY people (like me and many other people who lean libertarian) wouldn't assume you voted for Hillary and be rude about it as in your example, but might point out that Hillary was the only other serious choice and she was just as bad if not worse, depending on what you value. It could easily be linked to a 'libtard' comment, but it isn't at all the same.

In my personal case, the only candidate lower on my list than Trump was Hillary... so if I thought the race was going to be close, I would have voted for Trump... NOT because I like him, but because he was to me the lesser of evils (and she the evil of lessers)

But more to the point, I think I'd look at your comment....
"Trump is an absolute IDIOT and is not fit to be POTUS"

Those are intentionally inflammatory words. You can't possibly expect to say something like that and not generate an equally inflammatory reaction

Maybe if you said something like:
I don't like how Trump spend all his time tweeting about inconsequential thingsor
I don't like his policy on 'x' (especially if you were specific on why)

you might get a higher level of discourse in return
11-30-2017 01:15 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry

Yup

Nah, it's the rest of your stances that make you a pinko commie. The Obama support was just icing on the cake.
11-30-2017 01:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.