Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The "sexual misbehavior" wave in the media
MemOwl Offline
All American

I Root For: Owls
The "sexual misbehavior" wave in the media
It's quite surprising to me that we haven't seen some college coaches get torched in the harvey weinstein/matt lauer wave

Arkansas fired petrino for the lying, not the sex with an unqualified woman he hired for his staff.

I have it on pretty good account that the "acute stress disorder" that led Urban Meyer to resign from Florida was in fact the cheerleader he was having an affair with knocked on his front door during a dinner party.

there was a rumor that Terry Bowden had a thing with a trustee's daughter at Auburn.

But quiet in 2017.

One has to believe there is a LOT of stuff going on on college campuses and that many coaches are worried.
11-29-2017 07:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ExcitedOwl18 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice
RE: The "sexual misbehavior" wave in the media
Well... Hugh Freeze did get taken down.
11-29-2017 07:26 PM
owl95 Offline
1st String

Well many of these are probably the "consensual relationships" that were mentioned in Lauer's press release. You're not a sexual harasser if you're just having an affair with one person and you don't get caught, that's just good old fashioned cheating.
11-29-2017 09:14 PM
Advertisement

THRILL Offline
All American

I Root For: Boobies

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesNew Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
this is as good a place as an to make it clear the whole Asian cheerleader thing was greatly exaggerated.
11-29-2017 09:17 PM
MemOwl Offline
All American

I Root For: Owls
(11-29-2017 09:14 PM)owl95 Wrote:  Well many of these are probably the "consensual relationships" that were mentioned in Lauer's press release. You're not a sexual harasser if you're just having an affair with one person and you don't get caught, that's just good old fashioned cheating.

You are right of course, but I won't be surprised if we head toward a place where consensual relationships within an organization will become taboo if the male in the relationship (or A male in the relationship to be appropriately diverse) is CEO head coach or equivalent
11-29-2017 10:28 PM
Advertisement

Tiki Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesNew Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
Somehow I don’t see this as a consensual relationship.

As the co-host of NBC’s “Today” -- making $25 million -- Matt Lauer once gave a colleague a sex toy as a present. It included an explicit note about how he wanted to use it on her, @variety reports.
11-29-2017 10:34 PM
WeatherfordOwl Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(11-29-2017 10:28 PM)MemOwl Wrote:  You are right of course, but I won't be surprised if we head toward a place where consensual relationships within an organization will become taboo if the male in the relationship (or A male in the relationship to be appropriately diverse) is CEO head coach or equivalent

And I was thinking we were already there twenty five years ago....?
11-29-2017 10:43 PM
Advertisement

owl95 Offline
1st String

(11-29-2017 10:28 PM)MemOwl Wrote:  
(11-29-2017 09:14 PM)owl95 Wrote:  Well many of these are probably the "consensual relationships" that were mentioned in Lauer's press release. You're not a sexual harasser if you're just having an affair with one person and you don't get caught, that's just good old fashioned cheating.

You are right of course, but I won't be surprised if we head toward a place where consensual relationships within an organization will become taboo if the male in the relationship (or A male in the relationship to be appropriately diverse) is CEO head coach or equivalent

Assuming this is not an affair, some companies already have policies to handle this, ie both people sign a piece of paper for HR to declare their relationship. It's a little Big Brother, but I've seen this at companies I've worked at.
11-29-2017 11:13 PM
NLOWL Offline
Bench Warmer

Come on guys... We all saw the "documentary" 'Anchorman - the legend of Ron Burgandy'. We know how this game is played.

Sent from my SM-G935V using CSNbbs mobile app
11-29-2017 11:24 PM
Advertisement

davidw Offline
Special Teams

'I have it on pretty good account that the "acute stress disorder" that led Urban Meyer to resign from Florida was in fact the cheerleader he was having an affair with knocked on his front door during a dinner party.'

I bet Urban was no longer the life of the party after answering that doorbell. This was also about the same time at Florida that the TE that went on to play for the Patriots (Rodriguez?) had shot and killed that guy. I always thought that played into his decision to step down.

I had a pal who used to go over to one of those local pole dancer bars regularly and chum up to the ladies. He stopped going when one of them called the house and his wife answered the phone. She told the wife that it was her birthday, and would she find out when she could expect her present from my pal. Ahhhh........oops -
11-30-2017 04:43 PM
Barney Offline
All American

(11-29-2017 09:17 PM)THRILL Wrote:  this is as good a place as an to make it clear the whole Asian cheerleader thing was greatly exaggerated.

03-lmfao
12-01-2017 08:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.