RE: La Tech Receiving Votes in Latest Coach's Poll
Good to see.
11-27-2017 05:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
The two teams WKU beat this past week are getting plenty of votes but we are nowhere to be found. I dont get how some of these rankings work? We have played the 10th toughest schedule to date and are 4-2 beating two top 30 teams which have the same records and are above us. One loss was close to a top 5 team
11-27-2017 06:14 PM
Franko Offline
1st String

(11-27-2017 06:14 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  The two teams WKU beat this past week are getting plenty of votes but we are nowhere to be found. I dont get how some of these rankings work? We have played the 10th toughest schedule to date and are 4-2 beating two top 30 teams which have the same records and are above us. One loss was close to a top 5 team
Missouri State at home. Case closed. Will take several more games to redeem that one. Not a big deal at this time. IMHO
11-27-2017 06:53 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(11-27-2017 06:53 PM)Franko Wrote:  
(11-27-2017 06:14 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  The two teams WKU beat this past week are getting plenty of votes but we are nowhere to be found. I dont get how some of these rankings work? We have played the 10th toughest schedule to date and are 4-2 beating two top 30 teams which have the same records and are above us. One loss was close to a top 5 team
Missouri State at home. Case closed. Will take several more games to redeem that one. Not a big deal at this time. IMHO

Missouri State is just over 100 rpi. Not great , but not a killer either. I just saw this post

Quote:According to the most recent Sagarin Ratings, WKU is ranked ninth in strength of schedule with two games against teams in the top 11 and a 2-1 record against teams in the top 50!

WKU is also ranked 17th in Ken Pomeroy's strength of schedule! #GoTops
11-27-2017 07:00 PM
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

RPI and SOS is worth next to nothing at this point in the season...

While I think the Purdue and SMU game are going to be be huge by the end of the year...both loss 2 out of their last 3 games. Not only that losing to Western hurt Purdue way more than it helped Western as far as polls go.

Right now Western is sitting at 4-2 (3-2 vs D1) and that is not going to get you many if any votes. I would say Western has a better than average chance of being 11-2 before conference play and that will start turning heads.

Just need to win all home games and Beat Ohio and Wisconsin on the road. Both are very winnable games
11-27-2017 07:15 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(11-27-2017 07:15 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  RPI and SOS is worth next to nothing at this point in the season...

While I think the Purdue and SMU game are going to be be huge by the end of the year...both loss 2 out of their last 3 games. Not only that losing to Western hurt Purdue way more than it helped Western as far as polls go.

Right now Western is sitting at 4-2 (3-2 vs D1) and that is not going to get you many if any votes. I would say Western has a better than average chance of being 11-2 before conference play and that will start turning heads.

Just need to win all home games and Beat Ohio and Wisconsin on the road. Both are very winnable games

SMU and Purdue are still ranked ahead of WKU, but i agree..... if we are setting at 11-2, we should be near or possibly ranked. Wisconsin will be a tough out, they are 3-3 with some very close loses and its a road game.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2017 07:26 PM by wkuhilltopperfan.)
11-27-2017 07:21 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(11-27-2017 07:21 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  
(11-27-2017 07:15 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  RPI and SOS is worth next to nothing at this point in the season...

SMU and Purdue are still ranked ahead of WKU, but i agree..... if we are setting at 11-2, we should be near or possibly ranked. Wisconsin will be a tough out, they are 3-3 with some very close loses and its a road game.

At this point in the season a lot of things..especially reputation is still based on last year and coming into this season....

Purdue 27-8
SMU 30-5

Western having a losing season means we don't get the same respect...a few more wins and no slip ups and it will start to come. This season has played out about as well as it could at this point. At least base off coming into it. Limited foul trouble and no injuries. I said coming into it if we got lucky on those 2 it could be a better than expected season.

If JA gets eligible and Stansbury pulls a rabbit out of his hat and find a serviceable big that can join second semester....sky is the limit. If we keep the foul trouble and injury bug away
11-27-2017 07:35 PM
winston70 Offline
All American

I Root For: La Tech
I still don't think we have played any really good teams so far this season so I am surprised by the votes
11-27-2017 08:02 PM
Advertisement

herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall & Liberty
This is awesome news for La Tech. I was surprised that WKU wasn't receiving a single vote though. I'm trying not to get to excited, but I know this conference has potential to be a great basketball conference.
11-27-2017 08:05 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Tech has a big test on Wednesday @ Alabama
11-27-2017 10:14 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
I can't believe A&M is #10. I saw them play Texas in the preseason and thought that last year Rice's team would have beaten them. They do have a couple of good big guys but their guards were so average IMO. But to their credit they have some good early season wins.
11-27-2017 10:21 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(11-27-2017 10:21 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  I can't believe A&M is #10. I saw them play Texas in the preseason and thought that last year Rice's team would have beaten them. They do have a couple of good big guys but their guards were so average IMO. But to their credit they have some good early season wins.

they just beat a good USC team in Los Angeles by a decent margin
11-27-2017 10:34 PM
Advertisement

hooverblazer Online
Promoter of UAB

I Root For: UAB
(11-27-2017 10:14 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  Tech has a big test on Wednesday @ Alabama

PLEASE win that game.
11-28-2017 12:03 AM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(11-28-2017 12:03 AM)hooverblazer Wrote:  
(11-27-2017 10:14 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  Tech has a big test on Wednesday @ Alabama

PLEASE win that game.

Ditto that. Would be a really good win
11-28-2017 12:05 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

These polls are garbage until about Feb. 1st....La. Tech has had a soft non conf schedule like normal....At least they do play a pretty good Bama team, but that's about it besides Texas...
11-28-2017 08:53 AM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
(11-28-2017 08:53 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  These polls are garbage until about Feb. 1st....La. Tech has had a soft non conf schedule like normal....At least they do play a pretty good Bama team, but that's about it besides Texas...

I thought Evansville and George Mason were decent and winning that Cancun Challenge was a big help. Our RPI seems to contradict the soft non conf schedule theory but hey it is early and we can only play the games in front of us.
11-28-2017 09:05 AM
hooverblazer Online
Promoter of UAB

I Root For: UAB
(11-28-2017 12:05 AM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  
(11-28-2017 12:03 AM)hooverblazer Wrote:  

PLEASE win that game.

Ditto that. Would be a really good win

It would be, but I'm mainly approaching it from the standpoint of the evil empire losing
11-28-2017 09:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.