Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Composite AAC recruiting rankings for last 5 years
willhclark Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston Cougars
Composite AAC recruiting rankings for last 5 years
Someone here has time on their hands.

We need to see the composite AAC football recruiting rankings for last 5 years.

This tells us if UCF and Memphis are winning based on talent recruited or everyone else just has coaches that suck. Obviously there are many factors at play but I would like to see the rankings averaged for the past 5 years. Memphis appears to have hit a home run with 2 consecutive hires.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2017 02:49 PM by willhclark.)
11-27-2017 02:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Composite AAC recruiting rankings for last 5 years
(11-27-2017 02:47 PM)willhclark Wrote:  Someone here has time on their hands.

This tells us if UCF and Memphis are winning based on talent recruited or everyone else just has coaches that suck. Obviously there are many factors at play but I would like to see the rankings averaged for the past 5 years. Memphis appears to have hit a home run with 2 consecutive hires.

Our recruiting numbers under Fuente are probably nowhere near as good as they are under Norvell. Norvell is an offensive mastermind. (Fuente and his staff at Memphis visited Norvell at Az State to study his schemes.)

Fuente was great at spotting and developing talent.

Norvell is a great recruiter, and a great offensive mind.

Two different types of coaches, but had similar great results.
11-27-2017 02:52 PM
usffan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
RE: Composite AAC recruiting rankings for last 5 years
(11-27-2017 02:47 PM)willhclark Wrote:  Someone here has time on their hands.

OK, I was adequately worried about how bare the cupboard is now that we're graduating many of our best players, so I took on the challenge. I used Rivals as the basis for this, and simply used Rivals rankings for each year. For years where classes weren't ranked, I put those teams on the bottom, and ranked those classes simply based on the number of commits. If you use those rankings, you come up with the following:

Scoring all classes from 2012 through 2017 (accounts for all redshirts including potential medical redshirts), it goes:

1 - USF
2 - Cincinnati
3 - Houston
4 - UCF
5 - Memphis
6 - Temple
7 - East Carolina
8 - SMU
9 - Tulsa
10 - UConn
11 - Tulane
12 - Navy

2013-17:

1 - USF
2 - Cincinnati
3 - UCF
4 - Houston
5 - Temple
6 - Memphis
7 - SMU
8 - Tulsa
9 - East Carolina
10 - UConn
11 - Tulane
12 - Navy

2014-17:

1 - UCF
2 - USF
3 - Cincinnati
4 - Houston
5 - Temple
6 - Memphis
7 - East Carolina
8 - SMU
9 - Tulsa
10 - Navy
11 - Tulane
12 - UConn

2015-17

1 - UCF
2 - USF
3 - Cincinnati
4 - Memphis
5 - Houston
6 - Temple
7 - SMU
8 - East Carolina
9 - Tulsa
10 - Navy
11 - UConn
12 - Tulane

2016-17

1 - UCF
2 - Houston
3 - USF
4 - Memphis
5 - Cincinnati
6 - East Carolina
7 - Temple
8 - SMU
9 - Tulsa
10 - Navy
11 - Tulane
12 - UConn

Based on this, I'm feeling a little better about USF's prospects next year (I thought we might struggle to go .500, but we ought to do better than that). It also looks like O'Leary must have been an awful recruiter at the end (look how much UCF's last couple of classes have really improved their recruiting rankings). Further, I'd argue that this suggests that Rhule, Fuente and Norvell have been great coaches (compared to recruiting) while Taggart was so-so and Tubberville was flat out awful. Also, things don't look rosy for UConn or Tulane!

USFFan
11-27-2017 03:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.