Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tulane was robbed
fanhood Offline
All American

I Root For: San Diego State
Tulane was robbed
No question about it, that was a TD. What is AAC HQ going to do about it? At a minimum that replay crew should never review another play for the conference.
11-25-2017 11:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EDLUVAR Offline
1st String

I Root For: Boise St.
RE: Tulane was robbed
Looked like a TD to me.
11-25-2017 11:07 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
The MWC sucks
11-25-2017 11:12 PM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
You know, Tulane fans moved on from this about 2-3 hours after the game. It's just a game.
11-25-2017 11:35 PM
PonyUpTempo Offline
2nd String

I Root For: SMU
It’s just a game, and it wasn’t a TD.
11-26-2017 06:47 AM
Stookey57 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UConn, BC
It's more than just a game it's a bowl game it's extra practices it's money Tulane got robbed the clearly was a touchdown that replay crew should never do another American game again what a shame

Sent from my SM-J700T using CSNbbs mobile app
11-26-2017 07:46 AM
Advertisement

fanhood Offline
All American

(11-26-2017 06:47 AM)PonyUpTempo Wrote:  It’s just a game, and it wasn’t a TD.

Wow.
11-26-2017 08:05 AM
baruna falls Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
(11-25-2017 11:05 PM)fanhood Wrote:  No question about it, that was a TD. What is AAC HQ going to do about it? At a minimum that replay crew should never review another play for the conference.

How about the Mwc lol. Um irrelevant.
11-26-2017 08:39 AM
72Tiger Offline
Up your nose with a rubber hose

I Root For: Larry
DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(11-25-2017 11:35 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  You know, Tulane fans moved on from this about 2-3 hours after the game. It's just a game.

So, each Tulane fan got 30 to 45 minutes apiece to move on?

I'm kidding...I actually like Tulane.
11-26-2017 08:52 AM
rollgreenwave Offline
Special Teams

Tulane was robbed
The conspiracy theorist in me says the conference will do anything to create rivalries, and they scheduled us to play each other at the end of the season. The realist in me says the officials were just not good at their jobs. This season was beyond frustrating for Tulane fans. We easily could have been 7-5, but I guess inconsistency from week to week is one of the things that make college football so exciting.

In any case, this is going to be a heated game next year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
11-26-2017 11:35 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(11-26-2017 11:35 AM)rollgreenwave Wrote:  The conspiracy theorist in me says the conference will do anything to create rivalries, and they scheduled us to play each other at the end of the season. The realist in me says the officials were just not good at their jobs. This season was beyond frustrating for Tulane fans. We easily could have been 7-5, but I guess inconsistency from week to week is one of the things that make college football so exciting.

Does Tulane lose much. So close this year.
11-26-2017 11:39 AM
Advertisement

PonyUpTempo Offline
2nd String

People speaking with their heart: it was a TD!
People speaking with their head & eyes: it was not a TD. There is picture and video evidence the ball was down short before the goal line.
11-26-2017 12:10 PM
AusTxPony Offline
1st String

Love the improvement from Tulane and SMU. Tough call, but you can see it both ways depending on your heart. No real answer except what the replay guy saw and he couldn't dispute the call. I look forward to you guys playing for "revenge" next year. I know how you feel at 5-7, like we did last year. Moving on...
11-26-2017 12:30 PM
Wavetime Offline
Special Teams

(11-25-2017 11:35 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  You know, Tulane fans moved on from this about 2-3 hours after the game. It's just a game.

I realize that I may need a life, but I'm still a bit miffed!!! I'm a diehard Tulane fan and every win is like Christmas Morning.
11-26-2017 01:30 PM
Wavetime Offline
Special Teams

(11-26-2017 06:47 AM)PonyUpTempo Wrote:  It’s just a game, and it wasn’t a TD.

We will agree to disagree. I also don't think there was enough evidence to overturn the opening kickoff, yet they did...so SMU was 2 for 2. Of course you are going to say that it wasn't a TD, and the opposite is true for me.
11-26-2017 01:31 PM
Wavetime Offline
Special Teams

(11-26-2017 11:35 AM)rollgreenwave Wrote:  The conspiracy theorist in me says the conference will do anything to create rivalries, and they scheduled us to play each other at the end of the season. The realist in me says the officials were just not good at their jobs. This season was beyond frustrating for Tulane fans. We easily could have been 7-5, but I guess inconsistency from week to week is one of the things that make college football so exciting.

I understand where you are coming from. My interpretation of the Conspiracy Theory is that the AAC wanted the Dallas/Fort Worth market for the bowl game. With 8 bowl eligible teams, not all may have gotten an invite. Thus, if it's close push the TV Sets.
11-26-2017 01:34 PM
Advertisement

Wavetime Offline
Special Teams

(11-26-2017 12:10 PM)PonyUpTempo Wrote:  People speaking with their heart: it was a TD!
People speaking with their head & eyes: it was not a TD. There is picture and video evidence the ball was down short before the goal line.

Look at the picture again, it's not where the elbow, or other piece of the body touches the ground, it's where the ball is when that contact is made. Look at the left side and where the shoulders/head, etc are, the ball is across the line.
11-26-2017 01:35 PM
edwa2 Offline
Water Engineer

11-26-2017 06:25 PM
fanhood Offline
All American

(11-26-2017 06:25 PM)edwa2 Wrote:  check this, not a TD https://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal...-play-2017

That look actually makes it not look like a TD. Did the crew see that look? If so, ok. If they saw the other look, it should have been overturned. Interesting.
11-26-2017 06:41 PM
fanhood Offline
All American

(11-26-2017 01:34 PM)Wavetime Wrote:  

I understand where you are coming from. My interpretation of the Conspiracy Theory is that the AAC wanted the Dallas/Fort Worth market for the bowl game. With 8 bowl eligible teams, not all may have gotten an invite. Thus, if it's close push the TV Sets.

But the DFW market does not really seem to care anyway. Don't believe in conspiracy theories.
11-26-2017 06:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.