Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC Bowl Projections
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
AAC Bowl Projections
How do you see the bowls shaking out. I will give mine from the USF perspective.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/2017...stination/

Joey Knight from the Tampa Bay Times (USF beat writer) strongly believes that USF will be playing in the Military Bowl, and I agree. Here are the reasons. First, there are 3 quality bowls this year for AAC and 3 teams clearly ahead of the rest, UCF, Memphis, and USF, so naturally they will likely take these 3 bowls (Peach, Birmingham, and Military). Navy does NOT have a tie in the Military...they fall in the bowl pool with the rest of the teams, and frankly, as a .500 type team, they don't deserve the military bowl over a 9-2 USF or 10-1 Memphis, or possibly UCF should Memphis win.

The Memphis/UCF winner will go to Peach. The loser will, in all likelihood, go to Birmingham. USF played in Birmingham last year, so a return trip is not as likely as the Military. USF would then go to Military. The only possible exception to this would be to match up USF against a 10-3 FAU in the Gasparilla Bowl (St Pete bowl). However, it's likely that USF would rather play in Military bowl to have more of a travel bowl experience.

Anyway, here is the bowl lineup this year:

Peach Bowl vs. At large
Birmingham Bowl versus SEC
Gasparilla Bowl versus C-USA
Frisco Bowl versus At-large
Military Bowl versus ACC
Hawaii Bowl versus Mountain West
Boca Raton Bowl versus Conference USA
Cure Bowl versus Sun Belt
Secondary tie in to Independence bowl vs. ACC

Assuming that Temple wins today, the AAC will have 7 bowl eligible teams with 8 tie ins (including the projected Peach bowl invite for champ). The Cure bowl will likely go unfilled. This is how it could shake out. And don't forget we have a secondary tie in Independence Bowl, most likely vs. the ACC. I read that the SEC may not fill this slot, so it could be ours as well.

Peach: UCF/Memphis winner vs. At large
Birmingham: UCF/Memphis loser vs. SEC
Military: USF vs. ACC
Independence: Houston vs. ACC
Gasparilla: Temple vs. CUSA
Hawaii: Navy vs. MWC
Frisco: SMU vs. at large, hopefully an excess P5 team

Cure and Boca bowls go unfilled by AAC.

Those are my current predictions. Of course I will be totally wrong about something.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017 06:58 PM by BullsFanInTX.)
11-25-2017 06:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OUGwave Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: AAC Bowl Projections
(11-25-2017 06:52 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  How do you see the bowls shaking out. I will give mine from the USF perspective.

Joey Knight from the Tampa Bay Times (USF beat writer) strongly believes that USF will be playing in the Military Bowl, and I agree. Here are the reasons. First, there are 3 quality bowls this year for AAC and 3 teams clearly ahead of the rest, UCF, Memphis, and USF, so naturally they will likely take these 3 bowls (Peach, Birmingham, and Military). Navy does NOT have a tie in the Military...they fall in the bowl pool with the rest of the teams, and frankly, as a .500 type team, they don't deserve the military bowl over a 9-2 USF or 10-1 Memphis, or possibly UCF should Memphis win.

The Memphis/UCF winner will go to Peach. The loser will, in all likelihood, go to Birmingham. USF played in Birmingham last year, so a return trip is not as likely as the Military. USF would then go to Military. The only possible exception to this would be to match up USF against a 10-3 FAU in the Gasparilla Bowl (St Pete bowl). However, it's likely that USF would rather play in Military bowl to have more of a travel bowl experience.

Peach Bowl vs. At large
Military Bowl versus ACC

Assuming that Temple wins today, the AAC will have 7 bowl eligible teams with 8 tie ins (including the projected Peach bowl invite for champ). The Cure bowl will likely go unfilled. This is how it could shake out. And don't forget we have a secondary tie in Independence Bowl, most likely vs. the ACC. I read that the SEC may not fill this slot, so it could be ours as well.

Those are my current predictions. Of course I will be totally wrong about something.

I would think Navy would play in the Military Bowl unless they’re just really bored with it. Navy playing in that bowl in their home stadium is pretty much the reason we have that tie-in.

Idiotic that Tulane will be sitting home after getting screwed today while we have two tie-ins that will go unfilled.
11-25-2017 07:04 PM
memphistiger89 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
It’s really sad to see the bowl tie-ins this conference has.
11-25-2017 07:18 PM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
I think the op is right about Military Bowl - USF over Navy.
11-25-2017 07:22 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-25-2017 07:04 PM)OUGwave Wrote:  
(11-25-2017 06:52 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  How do you see the bowls shaking out. I will give mine from the USF perspective.

Peach Bowl vs. At large
Military Bowl versus ACC

I would think Navy would play in the Military Bowl unless they’re just really bored with it. Navy playing in that bowl in their home stadium is pretty much the reason we have that tie-in.

Idiotic that Tulane will be sitting home after getting screwed today while we have two tie-ins that will go unfilled.

Not gonna happen. Navy is 6-5, maybe 6-6 if they lose to Army. USF would have a 3 game advantage in win column despite playing one less game. If Navy was within one win, then maybe. AAC is not gonna screw the 1C team in this conference to UCF and Memphis’ 1A and B.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017 07:26 PM by BullsFanInTX.)
11-25-2017 07:24 PM
TOGC Offline
Resident genius

I Root For: Memphis
Hopefully Memphis wins and goes to the access bowl. If not, I hope they go anywhere but Birmingham.

Legion Field is a run down piece of crap in a bad part of a bad town. It is easily the worst stadium I've been to in the country.
11-25-2017 07:35 PM
Advertisement

WhoseHouse? Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UH
(11-25-2017 07:24 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  
(11-25-2017 07:04 PM)OUGwave Wrote:  

Peach Bowl vs. At large
Military Bowl versus ACC

Not gonna happen. Navy is 6-5, maybe 6-6 if they lose to Army. USF would have a 3 game advantage in win column despite playing one less game. If Navy was within one win, then maybe. AAC is not gonna screw the 1C team in this conference to UCF and Memphis’ 1A and B.

1C? lmao
11-25-2017 07:37 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Our beat writer seemed to think the P5 was going to come up short filling bowl berths this year. Said it appears the Liberty and Indy might be in play for the AAC this year. Could be an interesting selection Sunday for the AAC.
11-25-2017 07:42 PM
TOGC Offline
Resident genius

(11-25-2017 07:42 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Our beat writer seemed to think the P5 was going to come up short filling bowl berths this year. Said it appears the Liberty and Indy might be in play for the AAC this year. Could be an interesting selection Sunday for the AAC.

Liberty takes SEC and Big 12. And both have enough bowl eligible teams to fill all their slots.
11-25-2017 07:44 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-25-2017 07:35 PM)TOGC Wrote:  Hopefully Memphis wins and goes to the access bowl. If not, I hope they go anywhere but Birmingham.

Legion Field is a run down piece of crap in a bad part of a bad town. It is easily the worst stadium I've been to in the country.

You’re going to Birmingham if you lose. Might as well make peace with that.
11-25-2017 07:44 PM
TOGC Offline
Resident genius

(11-25-2017 07:44 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  
(11-25-2017 07:35 PM)TOGC Wrote:  Hopefully Memphis wins and goes to the access bowl. If not, I hope they go anywhere but Birmingham.

I've seen other projections that put Memphis in the Military Bowl. USF may be going to Birmingham.
11-25-2017 07:46 PM
Advertisement

Tigersmoke4 Offline
All American

Peach Bowl vs. At large
Military Bowl versus ACC

Wow! I totally agree with you on this. I've some of the oddest predictions for our best teams to be playing in the worst of our bowl tie ins against the absolute worst teams available, while barely bowl eligible sunbelt and Mac teams were slotted against p5 opponents as fill ins for other p5 spots. What decent bowl wouldn't prefer one of our top 4 teams with 1-3 loses to be the fill in for say the Indy bowl or HOD as opposed to say EMU or idk Charlotte? Maybe someone else may be able to confirm this,but don't we have negotiated exemptions so that we can keep our options open to accept better (p5) bowl bids
11-25-2017 07:49 PM
Tigersmoke4 Offline
All American

T

I think another option everyone is overlooking is that the Frisco bowl is available on an at-large basis. I almost positive that the pac12 is set to have extra teams bowl eligible. I think Aresco is going to go all in in trying to match one our teams against one of them.
I can see if Memphis loses the CCG --- militarybowl/ Memphis vs Vtech
Friscobowl/ USF vs Oregon
Hawaiibowl/ Navy vs Sdsu (Great matchup, all naval themed)
Birmingham/Indy bowl- Houston vs sec or acc
Smu takes sec or acc
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017 08:23 PM by Tigersmoke4.)
11-25-2017 08:03 PM
PT_american Offline
1st String

I Root For: American
(11-25-2017 07:44 PM)TOGC Wrote:  
(11-25-2017 07:42 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Our beat writer seemed to think the P5 was going to come up short filling bowl berths this year. Said it appears the Liberty and Indy might be in play for the AAC this year. Could be an interesting selection Sunday for the AAC.

Liberty takes SEC and Big 12. And both have enough bowl eligible teams to fill all their slots.

SEC has 10 bowls and 10 teams and if they make the playoff they will leave the independence unfilled. No way they aren’t in the playoff so there is a chance we take that versus the ACC.
11-25-2017 08:11 PM
CornellCoog Offline
1st String

I Root For: UH and Cornell
SEC has 9 bowl eligible teams.

Georgia, Auburn, and Alabama are all very likely going to either championship 4 or Access Bowls. Sugar is guaranteed.

That leaves 6 teams to fill the following;

Citrus
Outback
Gator Tax
Music City
Texas
Belk
Liberty
Birmingham
Independence

There's no way the SEC can fill the bottom two. If 3 teams get the Access Bowl then the Liberty is open as well.
11-25-2017 08:12 PM
Mikeyp Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ECU, AAC
ECU has locked down its bid in the Virtual bowl! Gonna be against a very formidable opponent. My sources are telling me it may be Texas St. More to come later.
11-25-2017 08:14 PM
Advertisement

PT_american Offline
1st String

(11-25-2017 08:03 PM)Tigersmoke4 Wrote:  

I think another option everyone is overlooking is that the Frisco bowl is available on an at-large basis. I almost positive that the pac12 is set to have extra teams bowl eligible. I think Aresco is going to go all in in trying to match one our teams against one of them.04-cheers

Good call. That would be optimal.

Peach vs at large
Military vs ACC
Independence vs ACC
Frisco vs PAC12
BHam vs SEC

That doesn’t look bad at all
11-25-2017 08:15 PM
CornellCoog Offline
1st String

I Root For: UH and Cornell
I think people are forgetting that Ole Miss opted to self-penalize and declare themselves ineligible for a bowl.

I see winner of Georgia/Auburn in playoff
loser in Sugar
Alabama in Peach or Orange

Citrus- LSU
Outback- Miss State
Gator- South Carolina
Music- Missouri
Texas- Texas Aggies
Belk- Kentucky
11-25-2017 08:15 PM
PT_american Offline
1st String

(11-25-2017 08:12 PM)CornellCoog Wrote:  SEC has 9 bowl eligible teams.

Georgia, Auburn, and Alabama are all very likely going to either championship 4 or Access Bowls. Sugar is guaranteed.

That leaves 6 teams to fill the following;

Citrus
Outback
Gator Tax
Music City
Texas
Belk
Liberty
Birmingham
Independence

There's no way the SEC can fill the bottom two. If 3 teams get the Access Bowl then the Liberty is open as well.

They have 10 teams with 6+ wins. So the CFP and Sugar plus everything but the independence.
11-25-2017 08:18 PM
PT_american Offline
1st String

(11-25-2017 08:15 PM)CornellCoog Wrote:  I think people are forgetting that Ole Miss opted to self-penalize and declare themselves ineligible for a bowl.

I see winner of Georgia/Auburn in playoff
loser in Sugar
Alabama in Peach or Orange

Citrus- LSU
Outback- Miss State
Gator- South Carolina
Music- Missouri
Texas- Texas Aggies
Belk- Kentucky

Ah I didn’t know that so you are right the Liberty could very well be in play but that also means bham will not have SEC in it. Liberty would be much better though of course by a landslide. So looks even better.

Peach vs at large
Military vs ACC
Independence vs ACC
Frisco vs PAC12
Liberty vs Big 12
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017 08:22 PM by PT_american.)
11-25-2017 08:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.