Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hypothetically how do we lure Gonzaga to join?
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

I Root For: ECU
I think if we can add BYU all sports and have the schedule where most of their conference games are home or against the western teams that would have them give us a hard look. Add Army as football only to balance it out and add more prestige.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
11-25-2017 09:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
Does the AAC board need a realignment section?
11-25-2017 09:05 AM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
RE: Hypothetically how do we lure Gonzaga to join?
(11-25-2017 09:05 AM)Pony94 Wrote:  Does the AAC board need a realignment section?

Yes. Probably a G4 section too. Separate and not equal.
11-25-2017 09:11 AM
Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
(11-25-2017 09:11 AM)HuskyU Wrote:  
(11-25-2017 09:05 AM)Pony94 Wrote:  Does the AAC board need a realignment section?

Yes. Probably a G4 section too. Separate and not equal.

Oh sweet Jesus, I was in a funk about our basketball game yesterday and that comment brought me right out of it
11-25-2017 09:12 AM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

And a cheaters section

11-25-2017 09:14 AM
TOGC Offline
Resident genius

I Root For: Memphis
(11-25-2017 09:01 AM)PurpleReigns Wrote:  I think if we can add BYU all sports and have the schedule where most of their conference games are home or against the western teams that would have them give us a hard look. Add Army as football only to balance it out and add more prestige.

Gonzaga and BYU will never join. Even if they made a litte more in TV money, which wouldn't be guaranteed, it would kill them in travel costs.
11-25-2017 12:01 PM
Advertisement

EDLUVAR Offline
1st String

I Root For: Boise St.
Went to law school at GU. They are not coming to the AAC, ever. They spitballed thinking about that he big east a few years back but are happy in the WCC
11-25-2017 12:16 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

(11-25-2017 12:01 PM)TOGC Wrote:  
(11-25-2017 09:01 AM)PurpleReigns Wrote:  I think if we can add BYU all sports and have the schedule where most of their conference games are home or against the western teams that would have them give us a hard look. Add Army as football only to balance it out and add more prestige.

Gonzaga and BYU will never join. Even if they made a litte more in TV money, which wouldn't be guaranteed, it would kill them in travel costs.

Yet BYU football travels all over the US... trust me BYU has the money. Zags may be a different story though that’s why we would have to say a max of 4 away games against eastern based teams.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017 12:20 PM by PurpleReigns.)
11-25-2017 12:18 PM
EDLUVAR Offline
1st String

(11-25-2017 12:18 PM)PurpleReigns Wrote:  

Yet BYU football travels all over the US... trust me BYU has the money. Zags may be a different story though that’s why we would have to say a max of 4 away games against eastern based teams.

Gonzaga spends more than WSU landed on sports,makes more revenue, and has more tournament credits. Money is not an issue.
11-25-2017 12:40 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
(11-25-2017 12:16 PM)EDLUVAR Wrote:  Went to law school at GU. They are not coming to the AAC, ever. They spitballed thinking about that he big east a few years back but are happy in the WCC

You've been naive

If you're saying Gonzaga wouldn't be interested in playing these programs bellow on a regular basis than you just proved you are a complete troll.

Cincinnati
Memphis
UConn
Temple
Houston
SMU
Wichita State

If AAC offered Gonzaga would sign immediately... But you have nothing to worry about, AAC isn't interested.
11-25-2017 12:46 PM
RutgersGuy Offline
All American

I Root For: Rutgers
(11-25-2017 12:16 PM)EDLUVAR Wrote:  Went to law school at GU. They are not coming to the AAC, ever. They spitballed thinking about that he big east a few years back but are happy in the WCC

They would join the BE in a second if offered. It's the BE that is hesitant in inviting a team in Spokane WA.
11-25-2017 12:47 PM
Advertisement

RutgersGuy Offline
All American

I Root For: Rutgers
(11-25-2017 12:46 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  

You've been naive

If you're saying Gonzaga wouldn't be interested in playing these programs bellow on a regular basis than you just proved you are a complete troll.

Cincinnati
Memphis
UConn
Temple
Houston
SMU
Wichita State

If AAC offered Gonzaga would sign immediately... But you have nothing to worry about, AAC isn't interested.

Playing those teams and joining that conference are two very different things. Would they want them in OOC match ups? Sure! Would they want to send their volleyball team to ECU and their tennis team to USF? Not really.
11-25-2017 12:49 PM
EDLUVAR Offline
1st String

You've been naive

Cincinnati
Memphis
UConn
Temple
Houston
SMU
Wichita State

You understand, like Boise State they make more where they are at than they would in the AAC right? They were interested in the Big East like BSU was but those programs are gone now.
11-25-2017 12:52 PM
TOGC Offline
Resident genius

I Root For: Memphis
(11-25-2017 12:40 PM)EDLUVAR Wrote:  
(11-25-2017 12:18 PM)PurpleReigns Wrote:  

Gonzaga spends more than WSU landed on sports,makes more revenue, and has more tournament credits. Money is not an issue.

Neither would make enough extra by leaving to make up for the difference in travel costs. They would net more by staying where they are.
11-25-2017 12:57 PM
fanhood Offline
All American

I Root For: San Diego State
Ha!
11-25-2017 12:57 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
(11-25-2017 12:49 PM)RutgersGuy Wrote:  

You've been naive

Cincinnati
Memphis
UConn
Temple
Houston
SMU
Wichita State

Playing those teams and joining that conference are two very different things. Would they want them in OOC match ups? Sure! Would they want to send their volleyball team to ECU and their tennis team to USF? Not really.

You wording this ^^^ wrong... AAC programs will oppose sending their other sports there... No worth it.
11-25-2017 01:00 PM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston

you missed the hypothetical that byu leaves...byu leaving drastically changes the wcc
11-25-2017 01:09 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
if byu joins (hurting the wcc) and sdsu joined ..and a true west division forms, IMO it wouldn't take that much to get them to jump

the AAC at that point on prestige, money, exposure iwould be a mile difference ...2 seasons ago they had 28 wins and were an 11 seed
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017 01:16 PM by pesik.)
11-25-2017 01:11 PM
fanhood Offline
All American

I Root For: San Diego State
(11-25-2017 01:09 PM)pesik Wrote:  

you missed the hypothetical that byu leaves...byu leaving drastically changes the wcc

No, it doesn't. The WCC was the WCC before BYU, and would be the same without it.

Most people here don't understand BYU, just like they don't understand the outlook of the parochial schools in the WCC. They just look at things differently. It is what it is.
11-25-2017 01:12 PM
EDLUVAR Offline
1st String

(11-25-2017 01:09 PM)pesik Wrote:  

BYU is not that great at basketball, I don't think that if they left it would change much really. I do think BYU will make some kind of move joining a conference in all sports. Part of me hopes not because independence has been fun to watch.
11-25-2017 01:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.