Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

When are you buying tickets to Frisco?
Bookmark and Share
Purple Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
When are you buying tickets to Frisco?
I waited last year until the week before the game and got very good seats for a great price. I don't see that happening this year.

Given NDSU's cakewalk to Frisco, I expect them to buy up tons of tickets and probably have already, which will leave many Dukes fans without tickets unless we jump early, knowing that we will be able to sell the tickets if we wind up not making it to Frisco (God forbid), but possibly not getting full amount of what we paid for the tickets.

Look for the stadium to be minimum 2/3 Bison fans. They are probably busy buying up all the tickets now, giving fellow Bison fans first shot at their excess tickets.

What do you think? Buy now or wait?
11-24-2017 10:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: When are you buying tickets to Frisco?
Back in August.
11-25-2017 03:14 AM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: James Madison
Buy now if you can stomach the current prices, they will only go up. There are a limited quantity at StubHub and the NCAA exchange: https://fcs.flashseats.com/?ss=47&fss=511644423

Bison are already paying $100+ for 2nd round home game tickets, and those are in short supply. They have a wait list for seats at home.

It is highly likely approx 4,000 endzone seats will go on sale, but they will sell out in minutes or less, just like the August presale. If you are ranked high enough in priority points, JMU will have 4,000 seats also, but expect those to mostly go to the top 500-700 donors.

Bottom line, get them whenever you can. The odds are against someone beating the Bison in their bracket, so tickets will be hard to get. I bought my limit (NCAA says 8 max) in August.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017 08:47 AM by JMURocks.)
11-25-2017 07:43 AM
Bill Offline
1st String

We got 2 tables for 4 inside the club and 4 outside seats with hospitality bands. I figure I'm either going to make some Dukes fans happy or I'm going to make some coin selling them to non Dukes fans.
11-25-2017 08:49 AM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

Better get any tix you can. Worry about selling them later if the Dukes don’t make it. You’ll get your money back. I lived adjacent to Frisco for the 1st three Bison titles. They bring fans in droves. They buy up everything. Even Soft Houston, who was only 3 hours away, was outnumbered 3:1 by NDSU fans
11-25-2017 10:24 AM
Purple Offline
Heisman

That's what I figured. Thanks, guys. Buying today.
11-25-2017 10:51 AM
Advertisement

Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

I just bought some today but with the side of the bracket NDSU has, there's significant risk of the price of tickets only rising even more. I had to jump on them while they were only "kind of" high over face value. NDSU will likely get there, so there will be plenty of potential people to sell your tickets to... if you had to.
11-25-2017 12:03 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-25-2017 12:03 PM)Potomac Wrote:  I just bought some today but with the side of the bracket NDSU has, there's significant risk of the price of tickets only rising even more. I had to jump on them while they were only "kind of" high over face value. NDSU will likely get there, so there will be plenty of potential people to sell your tickets to... if you had to.

Yup.....NDSU's red carpet cakewalk to the finals is going to make it considerably harder than last year for tix. It'll be a nice problem to have though. Go Dukes!
11-25-2017 12:40 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

Dukester kept saying the odds were against it (yes, I understand the statistical odds), but here we are looking at a very possible matchup in Frisco.
11-25-2017 01:42 PM
Purple Offline
Heisman

Bought five tix today, $174 a pop! OUCH! We need a bigger venue.
11-25-2017 01:48 PM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

IF JMU and NDSU do both make it you’d think would exceed the 21,836 listed attendance for the NDSU/JSU NC game 2 years ago.

One thing they could do is they could easily put temp bleachers for 3k or so seats (like JMU used to have in the old Bridgeforth) in the one endzone that has the stage but little in the way of seating. If JMU and NDSU are both in the Semis the ADs of both schools should be asking for that.
11-26-2017 12:20 PM
Advertisement

JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

Not sure about bleachers, but my recollection is they have sold some SRO (standing room only) seats in the past. Hope we can bring the full band this time, it seems like there should be room for that in the endzone.
11-26-2017 12:36 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

NCAA Frisco ticket package giveaway, looks pretty sweet:
http://woobox.com/yzk45o
12-06-2017 06:54 PM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
(11-25-2017 01:48 PM)Purple Wrote:  Bought five tix today, $174 a pop! OUCH! We need a bigger venue.

Alamo Dome would be a good option.
12-06-2017 07:16 PM
Dukes1825 Offline
Special Teams

Duke Club just sent an e-mail with all the details should we make it
12-06-2017 07:18 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-25-2017 01:48 PM)Purple Wrote:  Bought five tix today, $174 a pop! OUCH! We need a bigger venue.

The problem is that with 90% of the teams, Frisco is way more than enough. It's about the right size with one of the top supported teams and one who has only mediocre support such as last year. It's only lacking when two well supported teams meet there.
12-06-2017 07:59 PM
Advertisement

JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-06-2017 07:59 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  

The problem is that with 90% of the teams, Frisco is way more than enough. It's about the right size with one of the top supported teams and one who has only mediocre support such as last year. It's only lacking when two well supported teams meet there.

True, and by that definition of “well supported”, there’s likely only 4-6 FCS teams that qualify. But those top teams tend to make it frequently.

Looking at NCAA stats, those 6 are: Montana, JMU, NDSU, Montana St, Jax St, Delaware. Nobody else really has a chance of filling Frisco.

$200 a pop is steep, but in context of overall trip cost, it’s not that crazy yet. After the semis I expect prices to go really nuts. The only hope for something less is the endzone seat sale and JMU allotment.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2017 09:34 PM by JMURocks.)
12-06-2017 08:19 PM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
buying when the Dukes advance to the game and I need tickets to that game.
12-06-2017 09:27 PM
streamerlauncher Offline
Bench Warmer

(12-06-2017 09:27 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  buying when the Dukes advance to the game and I need tickets to that game.

Same here, got great seats through JMU last year!
12-07-2017 07:24 AM
WhereIsDukeDog Offline
Bench Warmer

(12-06-2017 07:18 PM)Dukes1825 Wrote:  Duke Club just sent an e-mail with all the details should we make it

Did this go out to everyone. I have yet to receive it.
12-07-2017 09:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.