Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cannot recall last prior & painful occasion watching NIU blow a big lead
Bookmark and Share
nucyberdawg Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU
Cannot recall last prior & painful occasion watching NIU blow a big lead
01-lauramac2

anyone fill in my freshest moment of Alzheimer's ?
11-24-2017 04:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: Cannot recall last prior & painful occasion watching NIU blow a big lead
I'm not that bummed about this loss. Had Toledo lost, this would be an all timer. But this was the entire year encapsulated perfectly in two halves. The best and worst of 2017 Huskie football. I can live with 8-4. 9-3 would not prove anything to me unless Childers became a leader today. It will have to wait till next year.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2017 04:41 PM by Rabid Squirrel.)
11-24-2017 04:41 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
What bums be about this game is it highlighted so clearly how the scared and conservative approach of NIU Carey offense destroys this team. Offers me no optimism going into next season
11-24-2017 04:43 PM
DogPoundNorth Offline
Coach Carey Loves His Wife

(11-24-2017 04:43 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  What bums be about this game is it highlighted so clearly how the scared and conservative approach of NIU Carey offense destroys this team. Offers me no optimism going into next season

Just stop
11-24-2017 04:44 PM
nucyberdawg Offline
2nd String

Once fans have an AX to grind they never let go of the sharpening flint.
11-24-2017 04:47 PM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

(11-24-2017 04:47 PM)nucyberdawg Wrote:  Once fans have an AX to grind they never let go of the sharpening flint.

Once a poster has an agenda, every post they make is slanted towards that agenda. The topic can be about the QB, the rb, the lbs, the facilities, the uniforms anything or anyone, it doesn't matter, they'll steer it towards their agenda. It discredits everything they say.
11-24-2017 04:53 PM
Advertisement

Splooie99 Offline
2nd String

The hard thing to swallow about this loss is that we still have a poor QB situation. Childers was absolutely terrible in the second half. The offensive play calling was horrid as well. But Childers either overthrow or completely missed receivers. Although I am not sure how or even if they were open, he just threw the ball in the wrong place all game if it was over 10 yards down field. I actually thought Carey should have put in another QB in the 4th quarter. Childers needs to improve his passing game if we are to have any success next year. He is too slow to be a running threat.

On the other hand CMU's QB hit his receivers in the second half. hey played with desire to win. NIU did not. But, I think we will have a solid team next year. We just need a QB to step up and play better.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2017 02:44 PM by Splooie99.)
11-24-2017 04:57 PM
Policiious Offline
All American

I Root For: NU, NIU
Checking w-l records for this season, there are many teams who would love to have an 8-4 record. Huskies had some dissapointing losses but also squeaked out some wins that could have been losses. 57 teams have losing records and only 14 of those have a chance of winding up 6-6 sqeaking into bowl eligibility.
11-24-2017 05:00 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(11-24-2017 04:53 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  
(11-24-2017 04:47 PM)nucyberdawg Wrote:  Once fans have an AX to grind they never let go of the sharpening flint.

Once a poster has an agenda, every post they make is slanted towards that agenda. The topic can be about the QB, the rb, the lbs, the facilities, the uniforms anything or anyone, it doesn't matter, they'll steer it towards their agenda. It discredits everything they say.

You are describing yourself perfectly rabid. Your agenda blinds you from seeing facts
11-24-2017 05:05 PM
NIUSox10 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
(11-24-2017 05:05 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

You are describing yourself perfectly rabid. Your agenda blinds you from seeing facts

Oh good god MD you of all people cannot accuse anyone on this board of that.
11-24-2017 05:13 PM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

(11-24-2017 05:13 PM)NIUSox10 Wrote:  

I have no agenda. When I say I think Childers lacks play making ability, that's all I mean. Conversely, when Childers misses a deep ball for the 10th time in a row, you say it's from a lack of a sophisticated route tree...I.e the coaches...I.E...Carey. If Childers does well, it's because of Childers talent. When Childers does bad, it's how Carey uses him. I'm down on Childers because he limits the entire offense. Nothing more. They could replace Carey after this season and it wouldn't mean much to me. I give him a B this year. Mostly because he recruited this defense. He's 8-4. And the Nebraska win. But tHis offense is a mess. I can't say if he's got terrible QBs or just bad ones that he's mis-using, but either way the offense is a mess.
11-24-2017 05:35 PM
Advertisement

jjj Offline
Special Teams

(11-24-2017 04:57 PM)Splooie99 Wrote:  The hard thing to swallow about this loss is that we still have a poor QB situation. Childers was absolutely terrible in the second half. The offensive play calling was horid as well. But Childers either over through or completely missed receivers. Although I am not sure how or even if they were open, he just threw the ball in the wrong place all game if it was over 10 yards down field. I actually thought Carey should have put in another QB in the 4th quarter. Childers needs to improve his passing game if we are to have any success next year. He is too low to be a running threat.

On the other hand CMU's QB hit his receivers in the second half. hey played with desire to win. NIU did not. But, I think we will have a solid team next year. We just need a QB to step up and play better.

Games where NIU had the lead of and blew it,

Iowa at Soldier Field

Toledo at Huskie Stadium 2002
..recall we were up 14 or 21 after first quarter thanks to Sheldon punt return...

....I recall being once
up on EMU byabout 28 at EMU and they came back to win or tie the game in the late 90's
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2017 07:12 PM by jjj.)
11-24-2017 07:12 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(11-24-2017 05:35 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  

I have no agenda. When I say I think Childers lacks play making ability, that's all I mean. Conversely, when Childers misses a deep ball for the 10th time in a row, you say it's from a lack of a sophisticated route tree...I.e the coaches...I.E...Carey. If Childers does well, it's because of Childers talent. When Childers does bad, it's how Carey uses him. I'm down on Childers because he limits the entire offense. Nothing more. They could replace Carey after this season and it wouldn't mean much to me. I give him a B this year. Mostly because he recruited this defense. He's 8-4. And the Nebraska win. But tHis offense is a mess. I can't say if he's got terrible QBs or just bad ones that he's mis-using, but either way the offense is a mess.

Its clear you have an agenda when you don't point out the 100 times greater problem of an inept head coach. There is not one QB in the MAC that could succeed in NIU's offense right now, not a single one.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2017 07:31 PM by MaddDawgz02.)
11-24-2017 07:30 PM
pjfleck82 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, XFL 2001
(11-24-2017 04:38 PM)nucyberdawg Wrote:  01-lauramac2

anyone fill in my freshest moment of Alzheimer's ?

Miami in the 2010 MACC comes to mind. Didn’t NIU blow a big lead to Idaho in 2009 too?
11-24-2017 07:47 PM
huskie1stdown Offline
Heisman

Didn't Ohio come back against us at home a few years back when we were pretty invinsible at home.
11-24-2017 07:53 PM
pjfleck82 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, XFL 2001
(11-24-2017 07:53 PM)huskie1stdown Wrote:  Didn't Ohio come back against us at home a few years back when we were pretty invinsible at home.

Was that in 2006 right after NIU lost to Ohio St.?
11-24-2017 08:45 PM
Advertisement

NIUSox10 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
SIU loss at home when we were up by like 3 TD vs Jerry Kill in the 4th? We hired him the next season.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2017 09:12 PM by NIUSox10.)
11-24-2017 09:12 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
(11-24-2017 07:30 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(11-24-2017 04:53 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  Once a poster has an agenda, every post they make is slanted towards that agenda. The topic can be about the QB, the rb, the lbs, the facilities, the uniforms anything or anyone, it doesn't matter, they'll steer it towards their agenda. It discredits everything they say.

Its clear you have an agenda when you don't point out the 100 times greater problem of an inept head coach. There is not one QB in the MAC that could succeed in NIU's offense right now, not a single one.

If Logan Woodside was NIU’s QB, the Huskies would be 11-1.

This team made it to 8-4 without a quarterback. It’s Carey’s fault this team has no quarterback 2 straight years, but not his fault the 3 current quarterbacks stink. Look at Michigan’s substandard QB play this year under QB guru Harbaugh. Talent has to meet the coach halfway (and vise versa).
11-25-2017 03:26 PM
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

You cannot win big games or championships without a good QB. Michigan lost to Ohio State today primarily because of poor QB play. Their guy reminded me in some ways of Childers but with slightly more ability.
11-25-2017 04:07 PM
Djud Offline
Special Teams

(11-25-2017 03:26 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  
(11-24-2017 07:30 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(11-24-2017 05:05 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  You are describing yourself perfectly rabid. Your agenda blinds you from seeing facts

If Logan Woodside was NIU’s QB, the Huskies would be 11-1.

This team made it to 8-4 without a quarterback. It’s Carey’s fault this team has no quarterback 2 straight years, but not his fault the 3 current quarterbacks stink. Look at Michigan’s substandard QB play this year under QB guru Harbaugh. Talent has to meet the coach halfway (and vise versa).

I would not use Logan Woodside to illustrate your point: he is a subpar runner as a QB, which is a prequisite to this offense to be fully effective. I also disagree with the no talent comment. We have a QB on this team with a near 80% completion on passes over 25 yards. It takes some level of talent to do this.
11-25-2017 04:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.