Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

As of Nov 20th I count 74 (most likely 75) bowl eligible teams
Bookmark and Share
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
As of Nov 20th I count 74 (most likely 75) bowl eligible teams
Unless I'm missing something there are 74 but most likely 75 sure bowl eligible teams as of today. I believe G.Tech will get a wavier with 5 wins because they played 11 games. It's happened before and there is no doubt ... G. Tech is more of a draw to a bowl than any G5 6 win team.

So you have 71 counting G. Tech and 4 P5 match up vs 5 win teams (yellow) and that brings it to 75. If Florida beat FSU they will get a wavier and if they lose FSU will most likely beat ULM for their 6th win.

Middle vs ODU will make it 76 bowl eligible teams but I believe the winner is dropped down fighting and hoping there are only 77 others...78 and the winner of that game is not going bowling

Any P5 school that gets to 6 wins will be taken over a 6 win G5 school. I also think Temple is going to get a bowl if they get that 6th win and most likely Tulane also over the G5s fighting for a last 2 spot

If I made any mistakes point them out

UNLV plays Nevada not Middle

[Image: BOWL_1.jpg]
[Image: BOWL2.jpg]
[Image: BOWL3.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2017 02:15 PM by WKUYG.)
11-20-2017 02:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
RE: As of Nov 20th I count 74 (most likely 75) bowl eligible teams
(11-20-2017 02:09 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  Unless I'm missing something there are 74 but most likely 75 sure bowl eligible teams as of today. I believe G.Tech will get a wavier with 5 wins because they played 11 games. It's happened before and there is no doubt ... G. Tech is more of a draw to a bowl than any G5 6 win team.

So you have 71 counting G. Tech and 4 P5 match up vs 5 win teams (yellow) and that brings it to 75. If Florida beat FSU they will get a wavier and if they lose FSU will most likely beat ULM for their 6th win.

Middle vs ODU will make it 76 bowl eligible teams but I believe the winner is dropped down fighting and hoping there are only 77 others...78 and the winner of that game is not going bowling

Any P5 school that gets to 6 wins will be taken over a 6 win G5 school. I also think Temple is going to get a bowl if they get that 6th win and most likely Tulane also over the G5s fighting for a last 2 spot

That's not what happened with Georgia Tech. They had a losing record at 6-7 and got a waiver from the NCAA.

It was the same GT team that got the boot of MT put up their ass when we took them to the woodshed in 2012.

The 6-7 GT got to go to a bowl game while the eight-win MT team that annihilated GT sat at home (again).

It will be the same story this year. We will beat ODU with ease and get snubbed again.

When that happens, nearly a quarter of MT's Division I-A history will be defined by bowl snubs. It's kind of a thing now.
11-20-2017 02:23 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(11-20-2017 02:23 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  
(11-20-2017 02:09 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  Unless I'm missing something there are 74 but most likely 75 sure bowl eligible teams as of today. I believe G.Tech will get a wavier with 5 wins because they played 11 games. It's happened before and there is no doubt ... G. Tech is more of a draw to a bowl than any G5 6 win team.

That's not what happened with Georgia Tech. They had a losing record at 6-7 and got a waiver from the NCAA.

It was the same GT team that got the boot of MT put up their ass when we took them to the woodshed in 2012.

The 6-7 GT got to go to a bowl game while the eight-win MT team that annihilated GT sat at home (again).

It will be the same story this year. We will beat ODU with ease and get snubbed again.

When that happens, nearly a quarter of MT's Division I-A history will be defined by bowl snubs. It's kind of a thing now.

And when we do go, it's out of the continental USA...........
11-20-2017 03:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
75 bowl teams. Just freaking silly.
11-20-2017 04:30 PM
Advertisement

MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW

Things have changed.
First. All 6-6 teams must go to a bowl before any 5 win teams regardless of conference.

Also, GT got a waiver because they were 6-6 and lost in the ACC championship game. They were bowl eligible before the CCG.
11-20-2017 08:04 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

(11-20-2017 08:04 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  

Things have changed.
First. All 6-6 teams must go to a bowl before any 5 win teams regardless of conference.

Also, GT got a waiver because they were 6-6 and lost in the ACC championship game. They were bowl eligible before the CCG.

Weren't they in the championship game because the school that was "supposed" to go was on probation ?
11-20-2017 08:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
goliath74 Offline

I Root For: FAU, FSU
(11-20-2017 08:04 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  Also, GT got a waiver because they were 6-6 and lost in the ACC championship game. They were bowl eligible before the CCG.

Yes, that was my recollection as well.
11-20-2017 08:27 PM
Advertisement

ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
(11-20-2017 08:04 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  

Things have changed.

So, you approve of a 6-7 GT going to a bowl game over an 8-4 MT team even though MT beat - correction bludgeoned- them head to head? Score was 49-28.
11-20-2017 08:37 PM
FriscoDawg Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Here is the order of exemptions if there are not enough bowl eligible teams including 6-6 teams with a win against against an FCS team that meets the qualifying number of scholarships criteria to be counted as an FBS win. This is quoted from NCAA material from a couple of years ago when the 5-7 APR exemption was introduced.

1) Now, first consideration will go to 6-6 teams with a win against any FCS teams, regardless of scholarships, then 6-6 teams with two wins against FCS schools.
2) A team that finishes 6-7 and loses in a conference championship would be next, followed by 6-7 teams that normally play a 13-team schedule, such as Hawaii and its home opponents.
3) Then bowls could then invite FCS teams making the move to FBS, if they have at least a 6-6 record.
4) Finally, a team with a top-five APR that finishes 5-7 could be selected.

My understanding is that 5-6 teams granted a waiver do not get ahead of 6-win teams in the bowl selection order. They are available only if there are not enough 6-win teams. The 6-7 rule in the selection order listed above was also put in to avoid the 2012 debacle caused by Georgia Tech even though there was precedent with the 5-6 North Texas 2001 Sun Belt champion. Only 25 bowls and 50 teams out of 117 I-A teams, and 17 6-win teams sat at home that year.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2017 10:45 PM by FriscoDawg.)
11-20-2017 10:14 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

If G.Tech ash for a wavier it will be granted. It's not their fault a hurricane stopped them from playing 12 games. The same goes with UF if they beat FSU.

You can throw those exemption out the window because they are based off each school playing at least 12 games. If not for game 12 there would be a lot of teams without 6 wins. There were rules in place when Tech and I believe UCLA both got a waiver to get a bowl game with a losing record. It did not matter.....

espn and tv would rather have the P5 school and in the end rules in place will not matter....games not made up because of the hurricane will trump them.
11-20-2017 11:18 PM
Advertisement

papa_dawg Offline
Stirring Pots Since 1975

I Root For: LA Tech
(11-20-2017 11:18 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  If G.Tech ash for a wavier it will be granted. It's not their fault a hurricane stopped them from playing 12 games. The same goes with UF if they beat FSU.

You can throw those exemption out the window because they are based off each school playing at least 12 games. If not for game 12 there would be a lot of teams without 6 wins. There were rules in place when Tech and I believe UCLA both got a waiver to get a bowl game with a losing record. It did not matter.....

espn and tv would rather have the P5 school and in the end rules in place will not matter....games not made up because of the hurricane will trump them.

Sure, but FSU added their 12th game back on 12/2. They will have to win out to bowl now.
11-21-2017 01:23 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

(11-20-2017 10:14 PM)FriscoDawg Wrote:  Here is the order of exemptions if there are not enough bowl eligible teams including 6-6 teams with a win against against an FCS team that meets the qualifying number of scholarships criteria to be counted as an FBS win. This is quoted from NCAA material from a couple of years ago when the 5-7 APR exemption was introduced.

1) Now, first consideration will go to 6-6 teams with a win against any FCS teams, regardless of scholarships, then 6-6 teams with two wins against FCS schools.
2) A team that finishes 6-7 and loses in a conference championship would be next, followed by 6-7 teams that normally play a 13-team schedule, such as Hawaii and its home opponents.
3) Then bowls could then invite FCS teams making the move to FBS, if they have at least a 6-6 record.

My understanding is that 5-6 teams granted a waiver do not get ahead of 6-win teams in the bowl selection order. They are available only if there are not enough 6-win teams. The 6-7 rule in the selection order listed above was also put in to avoid the 2012 debacle caused by Georgia Tech even though there was precedent with the 5-6 North Texas 2001 Sun Belt champion. Only 25 bowls and 50 teams out of 117 I-A teams, and 17 6-win teams sat at home that year.

MT also sat out the year that 5-6 North Texas went to New Orleans Bowl. We were 8-3 with a win over Vanderbilt (losses were to Ole Miss with Eli, LSU, and freakin' North Texas)
11-21-2017 09:31 AM
FriscoDawg Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(11-20-2017 11:18 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  If G.Tech ash for a wavier it will be granted. It's not their fault a hurricane stopped them from playing 12 games. The same goes with UF if they beat FSU.

All a waiver does it put in team in line in case there aren't enough other 6-win teams. It does not allow the 5-win team to be picked straight up like it has 6 wins.

GT will have had 3 chances to get to 6 wins...just beat Duke (lost by 23!), beat Georgia, or reschedule a 12th game and win it. Fail those and it deserves nothing more than a place in line after the 6-win teams.
11-21-2017 05:33 PM
Advertisement

AustinFromUNT Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UNT
(11-21-2017 09:31 AM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  
(11-20-2017 10:14 PM)FriscoDawg Wrote:  Here is the order of exemptions if there are not enough bowl eligible teams including 6-6 teams with a win against against an FCS team that meets the qualifying number of scholarships criteria to be counted as an FBS win. This is quoted from NCAA material from a couple of years ago when the 5-7 APR exemption was introduced.

MT also sat out the year that 5-6 North Texas went to New Orleans Bowl. We were 8-3 with a win over Vanderbilt (losses were to Ole Miss with Eli, LSU, and freakin' North Texas)
North Texas Smash!!!
11-21-2017 06:25 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(11-21-2017 05:33 PM)FriscoDawg Wrote:  

All a waiver does it put in team in line in case there aren't enough other 6-win teams. It does not allow the 5-win team to be picked straight up like it has 6 wins.

GT will have had 3 chances to get to 6 wins...just beat Duke (lost by 23!), beat Georgia, or reschedule a 12th game and win it. Fail those and it deserves nothing more than a place in line after the 6-win teams.

If G.Tech does not get 6 wins....they will go to a bowl. Same with UF if they beat FSU.

The 6 over 5 will go bye bye just as it was a few years ago when a team with a winning record got in over a 6 win team with a losing record.

So Tech shouldn't go if they win on Saturday? Tech could have beat UAB, S.Miss, UNT or FAU and you wouldn't need a 12th game to get the 6th win.

You could be right but if I was a betting man I would bet the house on them going bowling and UF if they beat FSU
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2017 07:28 PM by WKUYG.)
11-21-2017 07:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.