Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UH Expansion
HoustonRocks Offline
1st String

I Root For: HoustonCougars
UH Expansion
BOR gives authority to execute lease for "Houston Forensic Center".

BOR approves College of Medicine

College of Medicine still requires approval by the Texas Coordinating Board and financing by the state legislature, but it is a big step. The legislature required a study. A study was completed and the BOR just approved it.

UH Creates College of Medicine to Address Shortage of Primary Care Physicians

The city of Houston has grown by 4 million since the last college of medicine was created.
11-17-2017 08:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

muckdawg24 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
RE: UH Expansion
That's a big get right there. UF and USF attempted to block our med school.
11-17-2017 08:36 AM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

I Root For: UH
UH Expansion
Finally a much needed med school. Why uh never had one to begin with was strange.

Sent from my toilet using FartTalk
11-17-2017 08:42 AM
Sellular1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
(11-17-2017 08:36 AM)muckdawg24 Wrote:  That's a big get right there. UF and USF attempted to block our school of first aid.

FIFY
11-17-2017 09:13 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
(11-17-2017 08:19 AM)HoustonRocks Wrote:  BOR gives authority to execute lease for "Houston Forensic Center".

College of Medicine still requires approval by the Texas Coordinating Board and financing by the state legislature, but it is a big step. The legislature required a study. A study was completed and the BOR just approved it.

The city of Houston has grown by 4 million since the last college of medicine was created.

this has been long coming...the biggest medical district in america is in houston, why it took 100 years for any public school primarily located in houston to get a medical school made no sense....

UH's location and public school prices should have the program grow extremely fast
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2017 10:22 AM by pesik.)
11-17-2017 09:59 AM
Advertisement

Wheatshock Offline
Aviation Addict

I Root For: Wichita
(11-17-2017 08:36 AM)muckdawg24 Wrote:  That's a big get right there. UF and USF attempted to block our med school.
Similar story for us. KU successfully stole our med school. It makes me mad every time I drive by and have to look at that big blue chicken.
11-17-2017 10:05 AM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
That will make 3 medical schools in Houston--Baylor, UT-Houston, and UH.

Some people may be unfamiliar with the fact that UT Austin just opened its first medical school a year or so ago.
11-17-2017 10:37 AM
Wooglin157 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF Knights
(11-17-2017 10:37 AM)cotton1991 Wrote:  That will make 3 medical schools in Houston--Baylor, UT-Houston, and UH.

Some people may be unfamiliar with the fact that UT Austin just opened its first medical school a year or so ago.

But hasn't the UT system had one for a long time? I guess just UT Austin gets one specifically under them - but there was always one for the UT system as a whole.

Either way, glad UT was blocked from encroaching into Houston.
11-17-2017 11:48 AM
usffan Offline
Heisman

(11-17-2017 08:36 AM)muckdawg24 Wrote:  That's a big get right there. UF and USF attempted to block our med school.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(and done with the full knowledge that Judge Judy and President Judy may in fact be the same person)

Seriously, does EVERY thread, including this one that rightfully should be reserved for Houston to be congratulated on getting a medical school (that will hopefully address the lack of doctors in rural areas, which is becoming a real problem in this country) have to be injected with a "USF SUCKS, LOOK WHAT THEY DID TO TRY TO SCREW POOR UCF hijack?

Back on topic - congratulations, UH fans!

USFFan
11-17-2017 12:11 PM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
(11-17-2017 12:11 PM)usffan Wrote:  

(and done with the full knowledge that Judge Judy and President Judy may in fact be the same person)

Seriously, does EVERY thread, including this one that rightfully should be reserved for Houston to be congratulated on getting a medical school (that will hopefully address the lack of doctors in rural areas, which is becoming a real problem in this country) have to be injected with a "USF SUCKS, LOOK WHAT THEY DID TO TRY TO SCREW POOR UCF hijack?

USFFan

Yes. It should be known how you operate. 05-stirthepot
11-17-2017 01:30 PM
jlcolvin Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-17-2017 01:30 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  

USFFan

Yes. It should be known how you operate. 05-stirthepot
With a medical school #punsforeveryone
11-17-2017 01:35 PM
otown Online
All American

I Root For: Florida

I don't believe USF had anything to do with that. It was UF. UF also successfully spearheaded knocking down the proposed privately financed UCF Dental School as well. Then of course there was the law school debacle as well with the FAMU flag driven into downtown Orlando.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2017 02:36 PM by otown.)
11-17-2017 02:36 PM
mikeinoki Offline
Gone to Seed

I Root For: JDB
Very good for Houston and our conference. Hope you get cooperation in state. The TarHoles fought for years to block our med school, dental school, nursing school and university status.
11-17-2017 02:50 PM
Advertisement

Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF and the AAC!

USFFan

Every single theead... no matter what the topic. I suggest we call name this as a new bona fide "Derangement Syndrome" that effects a few folks in Orlando... not all, definitely a few cool ucf fans I enjoy talking sports... but the USF-obsessed crowd reflect bad on all of them... Who posts dozens of photos of rings and buildings? who feels a need to do that online? lol

That said...CONGRATS COOGS... LOOOONG OVERDUE. 04-cheers04-cheers
11-17-2017 03:37 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(11-17-2017 08:19 AM)HoustonRocks Wrote:  BOR gives authority to execute lease for "Houston Forensic Center".

Congrats UH. Hope we are next.
11-17-2017 05:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
(11-17-2017 11:48 AM)Wooglin157 Wrote:  
(11-17-2017 10:37 AM)cotton1991 Wrote:  That will make 3 medical schools in Houston--Baylor, UT-Houston, and UH.

But hasn't the UT system had one for a long time? I guess just UT Austin gets one specifically under them - but there was always one for the UT system as a whole.

Either way, glad UT was blocked from encroaching into Houston.

Yes, the UT system has med schools in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Galveston, Brownsville, and now at Austin.
11-17-2017 06:27 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
3rd/4th largest city in the country for The University Of Houston this is way way way way overdue.
11-17-2017 06:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.