Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fake News wapo & cnn Use 2 Year Old Photo To Label Polish Independence Parade as Hate
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Fake News wapo & cnn Use 2 Year Old Photo To Label Polish Independence Parade as Hate
The amazon washington post & cnn have proven yet again to be FAKE NEWS!

The below wapo article cites cnn (with a link) for the "pray for islamic holocaust" sign, and when you click the cnn article and search for "pray for islamic holocaust", nothing is found, because it has been removed. Sad!

[Image: DOhb-D-XkAI-82f.jpg]

Quote:Poland defends massive far right protest that called for an ‘Islamic Holocaust’

“Pray for an Islamic Holocaust,” per CNN.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worl...33d7248107

Quote:Tomasz Łysiak‏Verified account
@TomaszLysiak

Replying to @washingtonpost
This is lie! You have linked this old incident from Poznan (2015 - „pray for Islamic Holocaust” banner on the bridge) with the Polish March of Independence 2017! How it is possible that the newspaper doesn’t verify the information? The slogan of this March was — "We want God”.

Quote:Tomasz Łysiak‏Verified account
@TomaszLysiak

Replying to @TomaszLysiak @washingtonpost
Here is the original photo and the date on it - 17.11.15. Two years ago! In Poznan. After a couple of hours it has been removed by the police. And You pass the fake info - that it was the slogan of Polish March of Independence 2017? @washingtonpost

https://twitter.com/TomaszLysiak/status/...3087522816
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2017 01:30 PM by Kronke.)
11-13-2017 01:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
RE: Fake News wapo & cnn Use 2 Year Old Photo To Label Polish Independence Parade ...
At this point it's safer to just assume everything coming out of the Wapo and CNN is fake news.
11-13-2017 01:31 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
RE: Fake News wapo & cnn Use 2 Year Old Photo To Label Polish Independence Parade as Hate
You can't trust them for any legit reporting.
11-13-2017 01:33 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
RE: Fake News wapo & cnn Use 2 Year Old Photo To Label Polish Independence Parade as Hate
I've noticed you see this lazy photo usage all over the place.

For instance, they just had an article here in the Cities about a local TV anchor moving on to another market. In the article they used a stock photo of the anchor from 2014. Why? Are you telling me there isn't a recent fall 2017 photo of a local TV anchor? They also had an article in the paper about traffic congestion, and they used a photo from 2007. 2007! It said so right on the copyright! Does the Strib not have a contract photographer who they could pay a couple bucks to take a photo of the intersection the day before the article was set to publish?

Like I said, I wonder if half of this isn't pure, unadulterated laziness on behalf of the editors.
11-13-2017 01:39 PM
Kaplony Offline

RE: Fake News wapo & cnn Use 2 Year Old Photo To Label Polish Independence Parade ...
(11-13-2017 01:39 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  I've noticed you see this lazy photo usage all over the place.

For instance, they just had an article here in the Cities about a local TV anchor moving on to another market. In the article they used a stock photo of the anchor from 2014. Why? Are you telling me there isn't a recent fall 2017 photo of a local TV anchor? They also had an article in the paper about traffic congestion, and they used a photo from 2007. 2007! It said so right on the copyright! Does the Strib not have a contract photographer who they could pay a couple bucks to take a photo of the intersection the day before the article was set to publish?

Like I said, I wonder if half of this isn't pure, unadulterated laziness on behalf of the editors.

The newspaper industry has been dying a slow, painful death for so long that anybody with any marketable skills outside of the industry left a long time ago. What you have now, especially at the non-national papers, is the sick, lame, and lazy who have been unable to locate a life raft to escape the sinking ship. Some of the best reporters I ever dealt with are now either in media relations in the private sector or public information officers for some government or NGO organization.
11-13-2017 01:50 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
sad.
11-13-2017 02:25 PM
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Here is an actual photo of this "far right" event.

[Image: DOaAaLjXcAAdEDl.jpg:large]
11-13-2017 02:34 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(11-13-2017 02:34 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  Here is an actual photo of this "far right" event.

[Image: DOaAaLjXcAAdEDl.jpg:large]

So they dislike Nazis and Commies, for really good reasons, and media spins it. We all know what is going on. Poland refused to take Muslims, so the left is mad.
11-13-2017 02:46 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(11-13-2017 01:31 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  At this point it's safer to just assume everything coming out of the Wapo and CNN is fake news.

That's exactly what it has come to.

And that's exactly why we are to assume innocence and prove guilt.
11-13-2017 03:32 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
CNN is Isis.
11-13-2017 07:52 PM
ken d Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
On this board, many believe the Washington Post and CNN are "fake news". And these are people who believe that Donald Trump speaks the truth.

This country won't survive without a truly free press, and the Trump wing of the GOP wants to destroy that absolutely essential American institution (and many others). Trump's idea of making America "great" is turning it into a totalitarian oligarchy. The GOP's idea is to turn it into the Confederacy.

Be careful what you wish for, GOP.
11-14-2017 09:14 AM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline

(11-14-2017 09:14 AM)ken d Wrote:  On this board, many believe the Washington Post and CNN are "fake news". And these are people who believe that Donald Trump speaks the truth.

This country won't survive without a truly free press, and the Trump wing of the GOP wants to destroy that absolutely essential American institution (and many others). Trump's idea of making America "great" is turning it into a totalitarian oligarchy. The GOP's idea is to turn it into the Confederacy.

So it's the GOp that's going to destroy the free press and not the fact that CNN and Wapo are acting like the defacto PR arm of the DNC?

03-lmfao

GTFOH with that garbage!
11-14-2017 09:17 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(11-14-2017 09:14 AM)ken d Wrote:  On this board, many believe the Washington Post and CNN are "fake news". And these are people who believe that Donald Trump speaks the truth.

A press that colludes with one party against the other is not a free press and not what we need. We need an independent press.
11-14-2017 09:25 AM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(11-14-2017 09:25 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  

A press that colludes with one party against the other is not a free press and not what we need. We need an independent press.

XACLY!

unfortunately, the odds of that happening in today's world is almost zero....

it's too dangerous with a risk/reward that can cripple one's career.....

simple ref: seth (and he was only the leak that got plugged)
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2017 09:40 AM by stinkfist.)
11-14-2017 09:38 AM
ken d Online
Hall of Famer

This "Fake News" nonsense is nothing more than PR spin by the alt-right. Anything that doesn't promote their agenda, true or not, is labeled "fake". I don't think that people who buy into that nonsense are evil. or even bad people. Just misguided fools.

It is hard, and sad, to imagine that nearly a third of Americans are so gullible as to buy what Donald Trump is selling. But maybe some good will come out of it in the end. I would hope that one day real Republicans will realize that they made a mistake getting in bed with the Confederacy and make common cause with moderate Democrats and take back America from its most extreme elements on both the left and right.
11-14-2017 09:50 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(11-14-2017 09:50 AM)ken d Wrote:  This "Fake News" nonsense is nothing more than PR spin by the alt-right. Anything that doesn't promote their agenda, true or not, is labeled "fake". I don't think that people who buy into that nonsense are evil. or even bad people. Just misguided fools.

It is hard, and sad, to imagine that nearly a third of Americans are so gullible as to buy what Donald Trump is selling. But maybe some good will come out of it in the end. I would hope that one day real Republicans will realize that they made a mistake getting in bed with the Confederacy and make common cause with moderate Democrats and take back America from its most extreme elements on both the left and right.

Feeling this way about Americans who voted for Trump are A) why Trump was elected in the first place, and B) why he will be re-elected in 2020.

Keep it up. Please.
11-14-2017 09:57 AM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline

(11-14-2017 09:50 AM)ken d Wrote:  This "Fake News" nonsense is nothing more than PR spin by the alt-right. Anything that doesn't promote their agenda, true or not, is labeled "fake". I don't think that people who buy into that nonsense are evil. or even bad people. Just misguided fools.

03-lmfao

So the "alt-right" made CNN post a several years old picture of an unrelated event in a news story to promote the leftist meme that radical right wing movements are advancing throughout the world?

The "alt-right" made CNN stage a pro-Islam protest in London after a terror attack?

The "alt-right" made a CNN contributor give the Democratic party nominee a list of question prior to the debate?

The "alt-right" made the media edit a video of Trump feeding fish to attempt to portray him as a buffoon?

The "alt-right" made the media run with a story that Trump's Secretary of the Treasury foreclosed on a 90 year old for 27 cents?

The "alt-right" made CNN claim that Nancy Sinatra was upset with Trump dancing to one of her father's songs at his inauguration when she never said such a thing?

The "alt-right" made the media run a sensational but completely false report that Trump had removed the MLK bust from the White House on inauguration day?

The "alt-right" made CNN run with the lie that the GOP healthcare plan would classify rape and/or sexual assault as a pre-existing condition and deny coverage?

The "alt-right" made CNN run the story that James Comey was going to contradict Trump's account that he wasn't under FBI investigation in his Senate testimony?
11-14-2017 10:18 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
So the sign was from another protest so the entire story is fake news and it didn't happen?

Come on man.
11-14-2017 10:48 AM
ken d Online
Hall of Famer

(11-14-2017 10:18 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  

03-lmfao

So the "alt-right" made CNN post a several years old picture of an unrelated event in a news story to promote the leftist meme that radical right wing movements are advancing throughout the world?

The "alt-right" made CNN stage a pro-Islam protest in London after a terror attack?

The "alt-right" made a CNN contributor give the Democratic party nominee a list of question prior to the debate?

The "alt-right" made the media edit a video of Trump feeding fish to attempt to portray him as a buffoon?

The "alt-right" made the media run with a story that Trump's Secretary of the Treasury foreclosed on a 90 year old for 27 cents?

The "alt-right" made CNN claim that Nancy Sinatra was upset with Trump dancing to one of her father's songs at his inauguration when she never said such a thing?

The "alt-right" made the media run a sensational but completely false report that Trump had removed the MLK bust from the White House on inauguration day?

The "alt-right" made CNN run with the lie that the GOP healthcare plan would classify rape and/or sexual assault as a pre-existing condition and deny coverage?

The "alt-right" made CNN run the story that James Comey was going to contradict Trump's account that he wasn't under FBI investigation in his Senate testimony?

I don't recall making such claims. And nothing you have said refutes what I did say. But it does play well on right wing forums like this one.
11-14-2017 10:55 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Did the event happen or not?

If it didn't happen then it's fake news.

If it did happen, but not in the way that was described, it's called spin.
11-14-2017 10:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.