Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Air Force Racism Was a Hoax
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
Air Force Racism Was a Hoax
Yep. Y'all remember the USAF general's speech that went viral attacking the racism at the Air Force Academy after the dorm room doors of several African Americans were spray painted with racist remarks, and the general gave a fiery speech warning his racist airmen to leave his service?

Well, it was a hoax. Perpetrated by one of the "victims".

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/08/air...peech.html

I wonder if he's going to apologize to all his airmen he called out for being racists?
11-08-2017 11:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Air Force Racism Was a Hoax
wash. rinse. repeat.
11-08-2017 11:57 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
The air force general was a dumb*** for not waiting until all the facts came out. Typical
11-08-2017 11:59 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(11-08-2017 11:59 AM)shere khan Wrote:  The air force general was a dumb*** for not waiting until all the facts came out. Typical

If past related matters provide any precedent, lots of folks have no interest in the facts.
11-08-2017 12:19 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
His speech was fine, as long as he now comes out with a "hell speech" about getting rid of the faux racist instigators among the ranks. And he should, in order to keep moral from going in the crapper.
11-08-2017 01:12 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(11-08-2017 11:59 AM)shere khan Wrote:  The air force general was a dumb*** for not waiting until all the facts came out. Typical

Yes, definite lesson.
11-08-2017 03:42 PM
Advertisement

UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
I hope he makes another speech calling out the "victims"
11-08-2017 03:46 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Alt-leftists fake hate crimes (time and time and time and time and time again), then demand that GOP'ers be more tolerant. Alt-leftists shoot up churches, then demand GOP'ers give up their guns.

This is getting old.
11-08-2017 04:13 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
Hope he enjoys three years in Diego Garcia.

An Air Force Academy cadet candidate once thought the victim of racial slurs at the preparatory school on campus was actually the vandal who scrawled the threatening messages across the note boards outside his room and the dwellings of classmates.

The academy confirmed that finding Tuesday afternoon, and stood by a stern speech given by its top general in the wake of the incident. Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria gathered cadets and staff members for a speech that has gone viral in videos posted across the internet. He said that those who can’t respect others “need to get out.”

“Regardless of the circumstances under which those words were written, they were written, and that deserved to be addressed,” Silveria said in a Tuesday email. “You can never over-emphasize the need for a culture of dignity and respect – and those who don’t understand those concepts, aren’t welcome here.”

The cadet candidate involved, whose name was not released, is no longer enrolled at the school.

The incident kicked off a scandal at the school and led to a sweeping probe by academy police and the Air Force Office of Special Investigations.

“We can confirm that one of the cadet candidates who was allegedly targeted by racist remarks written outside of their dorm room was actually responsible for the act,” academy spokesman Lt. Col. Allen Herritage said in an email. “The individual admitted responsibility and this was validated by the investigation.”

Several sources say the cadet candidate, who hasn’t been identified, committed the act in a bizarre bid to get out of trouble he faced at the school for other misconduct. The prep school offers a year of training for academy prospects who need academic help. The school is primarily used to fill athletic rosters for the academy’s 37 NCAA teams.

http://taskandpurpose.com/air-force-acad...cial-slur/
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2017 12:24 PM by WoodlandsOwl.)
11-08-2017 09:35 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
I must have missed the NCAA and BLM coming out and criticizing this action by the cadet. Also must have missed them criticizing the black student at Kansas State that did the same exact thing. Even worse though.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2017 10:10 PM by usmbacker.)
11-08-2017 10:10 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(11-08-2017 09:35 PM)WoodlandsOwl Wrote:  Hope he we enjoys three years in Diego Garcia.

An Air Force Academy cadet candidate once thought the victim of racial slurs at the preparatory school on campus was actually the vandal who scrawled the threatening messages across the note boards outside his room and the dwellings of classmates.

The academy confirmed that finding Tuesday afternoon, and stood by a stern speech given by its top general in the wake of the incident. Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria gathered cadets and staff members for a speech that has gone viral in videos posted across the internet. He said that those who can’t respect others “need to get out.”

“Regardless of the circumstances under which those words were written, they were written, and that deserved to be addressed,” Silveria said in a Tuesday email. “You can never over-emphasize the need for a culture of dignity and respect – and those who don’t understand those concepts, aren’t welcome here.”

The cadet candidate involved, whose name was not released, is no longer enrolled at the school.

The incident kicked off a scandal at the school and led to a sweeping probe by academy police and the Air Force Office of Special Investigations.

“We can confirm that one of the cadet candidates who was allegedly targeted by racist remarks written outside of their dorm room was actually responsible for the act,” academy spokesman Lt. Col. Allen Herritage said in an email. “The individual admitted responsibility and this was validated by the investigation.”

Several sources say the cadet candidate, who hasn’t been identified, committed the act in a bizarre bid to get out of trouble he faced at the school for other misconduct. The prep school offers a year of training for academy prospects who need academic help. The school is primarily used to fill athletic rosters for the academy’s 37 NCAA teams.

http://taskandpurpose.com/air-force-acad...cial-slur/

Good grief. Even the service academies have lost their damn minds.
11-09-2017 08:23 AM
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

Fake news CNN sadly admits it was "unfortunate" that this turned out to be a hoax. They are actually disappointed that they couldn't use (yet another) fake hate crime to demonize white people. Incredible.

11-10-2017 06:46 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(11-10-2017 06:46 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Fake news CNN sadly admits it was "unfortunate" that this turned out to be a hoax. They are actually disappointed that they couldn't use (yet another) fake hate crime to demonize white people. Incredible.

Somebody should have told them that playing the race card is figurative not literal.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2017 07:00 PM by shere khan.)
11-10-2017 06:59 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

Silveria said in a Tuesday email. “You can never over-emphasize the need for a culture of dignity and respect – and those who don’t understand those concepts, aren’t welcome here.”

Well now you know.
11-10-2017 07:03 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

The follow up response was quintessential SJW.

"Okay yeah, it was fake, whatever, but the speech still deserved to be heard".

No, it didn't, because there was never a problem. There probably is now, though.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2017 07:16 PM by Kronke.)
11-10-2017 07:15 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
exact same thing happened at my daughter's college 2 years ago
11-10-2017 07:16 PM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
These hoaxes are, sadly all too common.
11-10-2017 10:28 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Punish the hoaxers to the same extent as a perpetrator of the actual crime, and this crap goes away immediately.
11-10-2017 10:38 PM
GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
Hoaxer should be punished to the fullest extent of military law.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2017 10:42 PM by GeminiCoog.)
11-10-2017 10:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hoopfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: hoops
(11-10-2017 10:41 PM)GeminiCoog Wrote:  Hoaxer should be punished to the fullest extent of military law.

What most people think should happen in todays society is irrelevant.
11-11-2017 03:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.