Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Political Fertility Gap
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
The Political Fertility Gap
Quote: It is one of the more unusual battle lines in the culture wars.

Liberals, it is said, have a baby problem. They don't have enough of them, compared to conservatives. And this failure to replenish their ranks is a reason why they lose elections. Call it a fertility gap.

"The political right is having a lot more kids than the political left," Syracuse University professor Arthur Brooks says. "The gap is actually 41 percent."

Studying numbers from the General Social Survey -- a government survey of social trends -- Brooks found that 100 unrelated liberal adults have 147 children, while 100 unrelated conservatives have 208 kids.

That makes a difference, Brooks says, because "80 percent of people that express a political party preference are voting like their folks."

Hence, more Republicans.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politics/story...929&page=1

An oldie, but a good explanation of why the left is so hellbent on unlimited and uncontrolled immigration.
11-06-2017 01:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
RE: The Political Fertility Gap
(11-06-2017 01:14 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
Quote: It is one of the more unusual battle lines in the culture wars.

Liberals, it is said, have a baby problem. They don't have enough of them, compared to conservatives. And this failure to replenish their ranks is a reason why they lose elections. Call it a fertility gap.

"The political right is having a lot more kids than the political left," Syracuse University professor Arthur Brooks says. "The gap is actually 41 percent."

Studying numbers from the General Social Survey -- a government survey of social trends -- Brooks found that 100 unrelated liberal adults have 147 children, while 100 unrelated conservatives have 208 kids.

That makes a difference, Brooks says, because "80 percent of people that express a political party preference are voting like their folks."

Hence, more Republicans.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politics/story...929&page=1

An oldie, but a good explanation of why the left is so hellbent on unlimited and uncontrolled immigration.

That explains why they're trying to get the illegals over here. Most gay couples are also liberals and obviously can't reproduce since that's not the way God intended human life to be.
11-06-2017 01:42 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
One thing that cannot be changed is the minority gap that is closing fast. Within a couple of decades, minorities will be the majority and we all know that the majority of minorities vote democrat.

That is a problem for conservatives that they cannot change with laws or gerrymandering or voter ID.
11-06-2017 01:45 PM
hoopfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: hoops
Minorities have voted dim historically. The mask of the fake press has been lifted. We have a new media now. Minorities (especially hispanics) are trending conservative. Note that I did not say republican because we all know the three Bush's voted for 'her'.
11-06-2017 01:49 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(11-06-2017 01:45 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  One thing that cannot be changed is the minority gap that is closing fast. Within a couple of decades, minorities will be the majority and we all know that the majority of minorities vote democrat.

That is a problem for conservatives that they cannot change with laws or gerrymandering or voter ID.

That would have been true if Hillary won, but Trump is putting an end to that. We need a generation of assimilation before we let anyone else in.
11-06-2017 01:50 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(11-06-2017 01:50 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 01:45 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  One thing that cannot be changed is the minority gap that is closing fast. Within a couple of decades, minorities will be the majority and we all know that the majority of minorities vote democrat.

That would have been true if Hillary won, but Trump is putting an end to that. We need a generation of assimilation before we let anyone else in.

So what you are saying is that the only way the Republicans can maintain power is to close the borders?

04-jawdrop04-jawdrop04-jawdrop

Were you thinking out loud just now?
11-06-2017 01:54 PM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(11-06-2017 01:54 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

So what you are saying is that the only way the Republicans can maintain power is to close the borders?

No more than you admitting that the only way dims can gain power is to open them.
11-06-2017 01:55 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

No doubt. Over 5 million illegals voted. If a few more migrated to Steeler Nation, she would have won as the worst possible candidate.
11-06-2017 01:57 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(11-06-2017 01:55 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

No more than you admitting that the only way dims can gain power is to open them.

But that isn't what I was admitting. In fact, I think even if you close the borders, minorities will still eventually become the majority in this country.

I've always felt that conservatives believed that they had to attempt to stop diversity rather than make their policies more appealing to minorities.

I just never thought they would openly admit it.

These are interesting times we live in.
11-06-2017 01:59 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(11-06-2017 01:49 PM)hoopfan Wrote:  Minorities have voted dim historically. The mask of the fake press has been lifted. We have a new media now. Minorities (especially hispanics) are trending conservative. Note that I did not say republican because we all know the three Bush's voted for 'her'.

Immigrants do initially, be that considered a minority or not.
11-06-2017 02:05 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(11-06-2017 01:49 PM)hoopfan Wrote:  Minorities have voted dim historically. The mask of the fake press has been lifted. We have a new media now. Minorities (especially hispanics) are trending conservative. Note that I did not say republican because we all know the three Bush's voted for 'her'.

We know that W and Jeb did NOT vote for "her." Not so sure about HW.
11-06-2017 02:07 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(11-06-2017 01:59 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 01:55 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

But that isn't what I was admitting. In fact, I think even if you close the borders, minorities will still eventually become the majority in this country.

I've always felt that conservatives believed that they had to attempt to stop diversity rather than make their policies more appealing to minorities.

Too much inter marrying. 40% of Hispanics marry out. 40% of Asian females marry out, about 30% of Asian men marry out (not including S. Asians). Many "immigrant minorities" are very conservative they just don't know it. They are more conservative than average Americans. The faster the assimilation and getting married the faster they lean right. The best way for Dems to win is with indoctrination in schools/universities and free stuff on the 1st of the month.
11-06-2017 02:14 PM
hoopfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: hoops
(11-06-2017 02:07 PM)bullet Wrote:  

Who did they say they voted for?
11-06-2017 02:28 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(11-06-2017 02:28 PM)hoopfan Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 02:07 PM)bullet Wrote:  

Who did they say they voted for?
Compare census data with the voting records of X precinct or zip code, etc., probably the best way.
11-06-2017 03:06 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

Have you been paying attention to black on black crime? The black race can't populate fast enough to get above 13% because they're killing themselves off at an equally level rate.

While the left is worried about the 0.5% of white on black crime, they're overlooking the most important factor because it don't fit the agenda...
11-06-2017 03:18 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(11-06-2017 03:18 PM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  

Have you been paying attention to black on black crime? The black race can't populate fast enough to get above 13% because they're killing themselves off at an equally level rate.

While the left is worried about the 0.5% of white on black crime, they're overlooking the most important factor because it don't fit the agenda...

Are you saying that the black population is shrinking?
11-06-2017 03:22 PM
Advertisement

LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(11-06-2017 01:59 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  But that isn't what I was admitting. In fact, I think even if you close the borders, minorities will still eventually become the majority in this country.

If you think this is interesting, wait until we resemble Mexico or Africa, both 3rd world. Personally, I don't think it will ever happen, but if it does, it'll be because of white flight to Europe and you won't be happy with what you're left behind with.
11-06-2017 03:52 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(11-06-2017 03:22 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

More or less... They're killing each other off.
11-06-2017 03:55 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(11-06-2017 03:52 PM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 01:59 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  But that isn't what I was admitting. In fact, I think even if you close the borders, minorities will still eventually become the majority in this country.

If you think this is interesting, wait until we resemble Mexico or Africa, both 3rd world. Personally, I don't think it will ever happen, but if it does, it'll be because of white flight to Europe and you won't be happy with what you're left behind with.

It sounds like you are saying that the only thing keeping the United States from becoming a 3rd world nation is White people.

That is quite a statement.
11-06-2017 03:56 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(11-06-2017 03:22 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

As it relates to the % of population it isn't growing.
11-06-2017 04:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.