Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hmmm...
Neely's Ghost Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Rice
Hmmm...
I don't have anything really... I'm just tired of being right... BTW, a lot of people have been right on here lately....

Would be remiss if I didn't point out fumbles and yet another pick 6... But, hey we found our guy I guess... He did have the second highest passing game of the year against a first year program.. I mean it wasn't a ACC bowl bound program or anything lame like that, but congrats to the coaching staff on finding their "lightning in a bottle".
11-06-2017 08:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
RE: Hmmm...
Interesting, the mistake you are pointing out - playing Smalls - is exactly what many people on here has advocated all along. I guess in this game we could count anything after the first ten minutes as "garbage time".

I think you are embarrassing your son.
11-06-2017 08:36 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(11-06-2017 08:36 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Interesting, the mistake you are pointing out - playing Smalls - is exactly what many people on here has advocated all along. I guess in this game we could count anything after the first ten minutes as "garbage time".

What should have been done is some sort of rational management of the situation, where he gets some game exposure to get his feet wet at the end of blowout games--and it's not like we've had a shortage of those--and then works his way up and gets prepped to start. The Bailiff era has been characterized--among other things--by way too many situations where starters were left in way too long in a game that was hopelessly lost, so backups did not get game reps and thus were not ready when the time came that they had to play. This whole QB situation has looked like a disorganized grab bag the whole year. Which is kind of what our offense has looked like for a decade.
11-06-2017 08:53 AM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
We just got blown out by a team that didn't exist last year. Yes, I know, they brought in a bunch of seasoned transfers who can play immediately, and they've been pretty good. But in the 11th year of a program, we should be a lot better.
11-06-2017 08:55 AM
Neely's Ghost Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-06-2017 08:36 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Interesting, the mistake you are pointing out - playing Smalls - is exactly what many people on here has advocated all along. I guess in this game we could count anything after the first ten minutes as "garbage time".

What does my 7th grade son have to do with any of this? You've got me confused sir... But, I will say this, my 7th grader has played a little QB this year and has thrown exactly zero pick 6's.... It would be in your interest to retract your comment before you embarrass yourself...
11-06-2017 08:58 AM
Advertisement

Neely's Ghost Offline
Bench Warmer

But let me edit and qualify.... It doesn't matter who they play to me... It really doesn't.. All of my theories have been attacks on "how" they've done it. And the resulting effort being, well, let's just say... catastrophic.

I literally do not care about the "who"... I am incensed at the "how", the "what", and the "why".
11-06-2017 09:28 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
(11-06-2017 08:58 AM)Neelys Ghost Wrote:  

What does my 7th grade son have to do with any of this? You've got me confused sir... But, I will say this, my 7th grader has played a little QB this year and has thrown exactly zero pick 6's.... It would be in your interest to retract your comment before you embarrass yourself...

I hope your seventh grade son is not reading this, or he might be embarrassed. But since he is so good, we need to get a commit from him.

NG has assured me he is not Mr. Tyner, but he is worried that his remarks might cause JT some trouble from the staff.
11-06-2017 09:38 AM
Advertisement

Neely's Ghost Offline
Bench Warmer

Optimistic Owl knows who Jess Neely is.. He probably was in school when he was alive or something.... Has not one clue who Neely's Ghost is... But he sure is quick to troll people's PM's and out them without context. So everyone out there take caution before approaching the OO...

But I'll go ahead and share his point ... with context....

I, Neely's Ghost, have asserted repeatedly that I am troubled by the direction of the Rice offense and the personnel decision making. I have gone so far as to assert that I believe there "has to be" some under-handed agenda by the play-calling, personnel, and game planning especially in the use of the QB's this year... I have repeatedly asserted that while none have been "earth-shatteringly" effective that I felt they were quick to bench the sophomore after singing his praises last season, and have been hell bent on playing the Freshman. As data, I have presented the facts that neither of the Freshman have shown any more promise than the sophomore, but we have forced them into action at the detriment of the program via turnovers that turn into opponent scores. The coaches have deemed one player ineffective and been quoted as such (despite not having turnovers that turn into opponent scores), but have made no such comments about the other players.... Thus, I declared an offense with an "agenda"... OO has the right to his opinion, which it is obviously his opinion to not agree with me.... But he has no right to falsely identify people on this forum... He has no right to call me an embarrassment to my actual (7th grade) son. And quite frankly, it is in extremely poor taste to share any thoughts shared via private message. Hence the phrase "private message"...

But for those who do subscribe to even an inkling of the ABO, let me clarify my comments that OO is referring to.... I said:

".... You need to back off your comment before someone actually makes the assumption you assert and mistakenly identifies me and acts out some sort of retribution against Tyner... At this point, this staff probably would..."..... A comment that is aligned perfectly with my conspiracy theory (unproven) and consistent with my assertions.....

Just so there's no confusion... which seems to be OO's mission today...
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2017 10:49 AM by Neely's Ghost.)
11-06-2017 10:38 AM
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice Owls

The Parliament Awards
Again, why do you keep starting new threads on the exact same subject and topic? It's really getting old already. Just one man's opinion.
11-06-2017 10:50 AM
Neely's Ghost Offline
Bench Warmer

And that sir... is a great point... I apologize... But hey.. It's basketball season.. let me look into Owl Hoop and see if I can dig up some new theories...
11-06-2017 10:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.