Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

***North Texas @ LA Tech Game Thread***
Bookmark and Share
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
***North Texas @ LA Tech Game Thread***
Just over an hour until kickoff. I guess this game will be the North Texas fan base against all the other fans in C-USA West.

At the end of this game North Texas will either be the clear favorite to win the west, or LA Tech will have created a sizable log jam at the top of the division.

Go Mean Green!
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 01:50 PM by Side Show Joe.)
11-04-2017 01:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
RE: ***North Texas @ LA Tech Game Thread***
(11-04-2017 01:50 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  Just over an hour until kickoff. I guess this game will be the North Texas fan base against all the other fans in C-USA West.

At the end of this game North Texas will either be the clear favorite to win the west or LA Tech will have created a sizable log jam at the top of the division.

Go Mean Green!

Premature just like that goofball president, must be something in the water up there in Denton.

There still will be 3 games left and UNT could lose all three
11-04-2017 01:56 PM
NorthTexan95 Offline
Special Teams

(11-04-2017 01:56 PM)Dawgxas Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 01:50 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  Just over an hour until kickoff. I guess this game will be the North Texas fan base against all the other fans in C-USA West.

At the end of this game North Texas will either be the clear favorite to win the west or LA Tech will have created a sizable log jam at the top of the division.

Go Mean Green!

Premature just like that goofball president, must be something in the water up there in Denton.

Y'all can't count so must be something in the La water.

After today we'll have two conference games remaining against UTEP and Rice. If we win today we'll only need to win one of those two to clinch the west and we'll be the favorite in both games. Even if we lose we'll still have a good path to the division title as long as we win out our conference games and don't wind up in a tie alone with La Tech.
11-04-2017 02:05 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-04-2017 01:56 PM)Dawgxas Wrote:  

Go Mean Green!

After today, North Texas only has 2 conference games left. Those two games are against Rice and UTEP. Together they have combined for a 1-15 record this season.

My point is that LA Tech represents the most realistic chance for a Mean Green loss. Not saying we couldn't lose to either Rice or UTEP, but the odds are against it. Context is important. I wasn't trying to claim the western division title.

And, I see know need to knock our president. I like him. He has done some wonderful things for UNT athletics.

Anyway, time to get ready for the game. I'll be on here at halftime, and post some comments.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 02:17 PM by Side Show Joe.)
11-04-2017 02:15 PM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

With as much parity that CUSA west has this year, there are no clear favorites, UTEP and Rice is going to slip up on team for upset.
11-04-2017 02:27 PM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

You can watch the game directly on Samsung TV with the Facebook app
11-04-2017 02:30 PM
Advertisement

Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

For the not so tech savvy watchers as myself
11-04-2017 02:32 PM
winston70 Offline
All American

I Root For: La Tech
Defensive battle broke out in Ruston for the 1st half - 17-10 Dawgs. I really hope Skip lets us open up our passing game more in the 2nd half
11-04-2017 04:00 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I'm fairly happy with this game so far. Take away that terrible pick at the goal line and this game would be tied.

I think we have seen the best LA Tech is capable of playing. The North Texas defense has played much better then I expected them to. I'm confident the Mean Green offense will make adjustments and come out pile up the points in the second half, and I do not believe LA Tech will be able to keep up.

I'll be back after the second half.
11-04-2017 04:09 PM
NorthTexan95 Offline
Special Teams

I just came in to highlight the truly awful call by the refs. That was an obvious interception the officials decided not to review. One of the worst calls I've seen all year and that's saying something considering the awful officiating we see every week in CUSA.
11-04-2017 04:50 PM
winston70 Offline
All American

I Root For: La Tech
Our coach is just flat our terrible... Congrats UNT on the W
11-04-2017 05:29 PM
Advertisement

ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
(11-04-2017 05:29 PM)winston70 Wrote:  Our coach is just flat our terrible... Congrats UNT on the W

That last series - terrible play calls. You throw deep on two of the three plays and then are left with a 50+ yard FG. Terrible.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 05:47 PM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
11-04-2017 05:31 PM
RonBurgundy Offline
Channel 4 News Team

Skip Holtz coaches like a scared *****. Sick of this play for field goals bull****.
11-04-2017 05:33 PM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
(11-04-2017 05:33 PM)RonBurgundy Wrote:  Skip Holtz coaches like a scared *****. Sick of this play for field goals bull****.

I feel your pain.

and there does seem to be a "play to not lose" inspiration to his coaching and play calling.
11-04-2017 05:36 PM
RonBurgundy Offline
Channel 4 News Team

(11-04-2017 05:36 PM)EagleX Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 05:33 PM)RonBurgundy Wrote:  Skip Holtz coaches like a scared *****. Sick of this play for field goals bull****.

I feel your pain.

and there does seem to be a "play to not lose" inspiration to his coaching and play calling.

I knew exactly what was going to happen when we kicked that last field goal to go up 6. Our defense needs a minimum touchdown lead to play with. The whole problem with our offense is it's been choked down by Skip. Just let the offense rip and see if the kids sink or swim.
11-04-2017 05:44 PM
NTTHOR Offline
1st String

I Root For: NORTH TEXAS
glad the refs let the db's play rough all game...helped north texas in the end....
11-04-2017 05:45 PM
Advertisement

EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
(11-04-2017 05:44 PM)RonBurgundy Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 05:36 PM)EagleX Wrote:  

I feel your pain.

I knew exactly what was going to happen when we kicked that last field goal to go up 6. Our defense needs a minimum touchdown lead to play with. The whole problem with our offense is it's been choked down by Skip. Just let the offense rip and see if the kids sink or swim.

skip must be related to hopson. c-usa was once a laboratory of offensive innovation. parts of the conference, the part you and we are in, for example, seems to be retrogressing.
11-04-2017 05:51 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
LaTech, you had one job to do. One damn job man. Damn you. 01-lauramac2
11-04-2017 05:54 PM
correcamino Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTSA
Can't even hate on UNT. They went out and beat every single West contender. Congrats on a well earned West title.

Hopefully your recruiting continues to suck because a top CUSA class coupled with Litrell's offense is not something I would look forward to.
11-04-2017 05:59 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

The second half did not go as I expected. Of course, I did not foresee the horrible officiating either. I thought LA Tech had a solid defensive game plan today. More then anything, I think Smith has accuracy issues, and that probably hurt the Tech offense more then anything. Good luck with the remainder of your season. I hope the Dawgs make it to a bowl. I would really love for 9 or 10 C-USA teams to go bowling.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 06:18 PM by Side Show Joe.)
11-04-2017 06:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.