Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"American Pow6r".........What??
Bookmark and Share
Green Menace Offline
1st String

I Root For:
"American Pow6r".........What??
Caught some of the memphis - tulsa game and caught the "American Pow6r" reference in an ad they are running. So delusional.03-lmfao03-lmfao
11-03-2017 08:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

westsidewolf1989 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice
RE: "American Pow6r".........What??
(11-03-2017 08:38 PM)Green Menace Wrote:  Caught some of the memphis - tulsa game and caught the "American Pow6r" reference in an ad they are running. So delusional.03-lmfao03-lmfao

The dreams you can imagine with a Memphis education.
11-03-2017 08:49 PM
Green Menace Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(11-03-2017 08:49 PM)westsidewolf1989 Wrote:  
(11-03-2017 08:38 PM)Green Menace Wrote:  Caught some of the memphis - tulsa game and caught the "American Pow6r" reference in an ad they are running. So delusional.03-lmfao03-lmfao

The dreams you can imagine with a Memphis education.

It was a an american conference ad. Still.....03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2017 09:09 PM by Green Menace.)
11-03-2017 09:08 PM
baruna falls Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU

You would not be mentioning it if you were not bothered by it at some level. It’s a smart campaign. College football is built on hype and reputation. The campaign says the American understands who it is. This self definition is about creating a narrative for the young conference. In many ways it’s working. Just look at what CBS has been saying about the AAC lately. By the way have always pulled for North Texas.
11-04-2017 03:02 AM
grapes Offline
GTG

I Root For: MEMPHIS/AAC

So you saw our team huh

[Image: tenor.gif]
11-04-2017 03:20 AM
westsidewolf1989 Offline
Heisman

(11-04-2017 03:20 AM)grapes Wrote:  

So you saw our team huh

We also all saw that Friday night on ESPN “crowd” at Tulsa.
11-04-2017 06:35 AM
Advertisement

BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(11-04-2017 06:35 AM)westsidewolf1989 Wrote:  

So you saw our team huh

We also all saw that Friday night on ESPN “crowd” at Tulsa.

A Rice fan talking attendance smack...
11-04-2017 07:15 AM
baruna falls Offline
All American

In all seriousness had no idea Cusa tv contract would be so disappointing. Banowsky always treated the league as a steppingstone conference and imo never worked to create a conference in which teams could both grow work together to build a unique brand.

Terry Holland became very concerned that the conference had lost its mojo and worked tirelessly to get ECU to the Big East. You really can’t fault the AAC for trying not to follow in Cusa mistakes.

Cusa needs week night games to rebuild the brand. Judy needs to tell ESPN the conference will take Tuesday and Wed every week during football season and any Thursday or Friday games they can get. At this point who cares about Sat games, attendance is bad anyway. Take a bigger paycheck and the exposure. Rebuild the brand. If not Cusa could actually become first conf to have no tv money at all. I actually think Cusa is a great brand and could be rebuilt and be strong again. IMO, It has better brand power than Sun Belt and the Mac. Judy and the presidents need to do a much better job at leveraging the Cusa name.
11-04-2017 07:33 AM
Green Menace Offline
1st String

I Root For:
First things first. Judy needs to go.
11-04-2017 07:40 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
(11-04-2017 07:33 AM)baruna falls Wrote:  In all seriousness had no idea Cusa tv contract would be so disappointing. Banowsky always treated the league as a steppingstone conference and imo never worked to create a conference in which teams could both grow work together to build a unique brand.

Terry Holland became very concerned that the conference had lost its mojo and worked tirelessly to get ECU to the Big East. You really can’t fault the AAC for trying not to follow in Cusa mistakes.

Cusa needs week night games to rebuild the brand. Judy needs to tell ESPN the conference will take Tuesday and Wed every week during football season and any Thursday or Friday games they can get. At this point who cares about Sat games, attendance is bad anyway. Take a bigger paycheck and the exposure. Rebuild the brand. If not Cusa could actually become first conf to have no tv money at all. I actually think Cusa is a great brand and could be rebuilt and be strong again. IMO, It has better brand power than Sun Belt and the Mac. Judy and the presidents need to do a much better job at leveraging the Cusa name.

Mac has already covered the Tuesday and Wednesday games. C-USA could do Sunday games?
11-04-2017 08:16 AM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

So you saw our team huh

Ha! Good meme...
11-04-2017 08:18 AM
Advertisement

rileylives Offline
Heisman

(11-04-2017 03:02 AM)baruna falls Wrote:  

You would not be mentioning it if you were not bothered by it at some level. It’s a smart campaign. College football is built on hype and reputation. The campaign says the American understands who it is. This self definition is about creating a narrative for the young conference. In many ways it’s working. Just look at what CBS has been saying about the AAC lately. By the way have always pulled for North Texas.

But that's the problem, you don't know who you are. And everyone in the ACC, Big 12, Big 10, PAC 10 and SEC are laughing at you.

None of you are ever going to get into their party, and you are all in denial.

You're just like us, you will never be their peer.

Perception is that South Florida, Memphis and UCF are all good football programs right now. The silliness comes from the fact the entire crap conference is elevated simply from that.
11-04-2017 08:24 AM
baruna falls Offline
All American

(11-04-2017 08:24 AM)rileylives Wrote:  

But that's the problem, you don't know who you are. And everyone in the ACC, Big 12, Big 10, PAC 10 and SEC are laughing at you.

Perception is that South Florida, Memphis and UCF are all good football programs right now. The silliness comes from the fact the entire crap conference is elevated simply from that.

The AAC though has enough good teams to always have 3 ranked. When the team you mention hit down periods, ECU, Cincinnati, UConn and Navy can take the lead. Sports writers knowthis and see the conference as strong.
11-04-2017 08:36 AM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

(11-04-2017 08:36 AM)baruna falls Wrote:  

The AAC though has enough good teams to always have 3 ranked. When the team you mention hit down periods, ECU, Cincinnati, UConn and Navy can take the lead. Sports writers knowthis and see the conference as strong.

Name me a time when the American has EVER finished a season with three top 25 teams?
11-04-2017 08:39 AM
baruna falls Offline
All American

(11-04-2017 08:39 AM)rileylives Wrote:  

Name me a time when the American has EVER finished a season with three top 25 teams?
Not sure it’s happened where all 3 finish ranked just mean 3 can be ranked same time. The 3 teams you mentioned are not only AAC teams that have been ranked,Ecu, Navy, Houston and Cincy have been ranked in AAC so lots of potential from the majority of the AAC.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 11:01 AM by baruna falls.)
11-04-2017 08:47 AM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

(11-04-2017 08:47 AM)baruna falls Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 03:02 AM)baruna falls Wrote:  You would not be mentioning it if you were not bothered by it at some level. It’s a smart campaign. College football is built on hype and reputation. The campaign says the American understands who it is. This self definition is about creating a narrative for the young conference. In many ways it’s working. Just look at what CBS has been saying about the AAC lately. By the way have always pulled for North Texas.

Not sure it’s happened where all 3 finish ranked just mean 3 can be rankecat same time. The 3 teams you mentioned are not only AAC teams that have been ranked,Ecu, Navy, Houston and Cincy have been ranked in AAC so lots to potential from the majority of the AAC.

You do realize CUSA has also had ranked teams in this same span?
11-04-2017 08:49 AM
Advertisement

Green Menace Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Memphis State has been around for a while. South Florida and UCF? Not exactly household names.
11-04-2017 08:59 AM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

(11-04-2017 08:47 AM)baruna falls Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 03:02 AM)baruna falls Wrote:  You would not be mentioning it if you were not bothered by it at some level. It’s a smart campaign. College football is built on hype and reputation. The campaign says the American understands who it is. This self definition is about creating a narrative for the young conference. In many ways it’s working. Just look at what CBS has been saying about the AAC lately. By the way have always pulled for North Texas.

Not sure it’s happened where all 3 finish ranked just mean 3 can be rankecat same time. The 3 teams you mentioned are not only AAC teams that have been ranked,Ecu, Navy, Houston and Cincy have been ranked in AAC so lots to potential from the majority of the AAC.

The American is a good conference, no one is disputing that.

We are all laughing at you though with this marketing campaign. You should realize that everyone is laughing at you, not saying subliminally "yeah, that American conference is right, they are a power conference!"

The sooner you all realize this the better. Your programs are good and have respect without the dumb ass campaign.
11-04-2017 09:01 AM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
(11-04-2017 07:33 AM)baruna falls Wrote:  In all seriousness had no idea Cusa tv contract would be so disappointing. Banowsky always treated the league as a steppingstone conference and imo never worked to create a conference in which teams could both grow work together to build a unique brand.

I seriously doubt the C-USA contracts are going to improve for 2018. The conference has done nothing to advance it's standing. I know that the AAC fans believe their next contract will be enhanced while most MWC fans seem to believe they might get a bit of a haircut. Those 2 conference contracts will be interesting to follow. I believe both are up after the 2019 season.
11-04-2017 09:06 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators

Smart. Good idea. I'm going to take a clue from you guys and start telling women I meet that I am 6'4', rich, and have VERY big hands. Who are they going to believe, me or their lyin' eyes?
11-04-2017 09:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.