Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Keon with the Start against Tenn
Bookmark and Share
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Keon with the Start against Tenn
You gotta believe Griggs is healthy enough to start, or he would have never gotten in the game last week. Hell, if he can play, then he can start. Therefore, Hopson is in fact a scumbag that plays Daddy Ball, bc there's no way he can simply be this stupid.
11-03-2017 06:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RockTheRock Offline
Special Teams

RE: Keon with the Start against Tenn
(11-03-2017 06:10 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  You gotta believe Griggs is healthy enough to start, or he would have never gotten in the game last week. Hell, if he can play, then he can start. Therefore, Hopson is in fact a scumbag that plays Daddy Ball, bc there's no way he can simply be this stupid.

Your Griggs fetish is alarming. Are you HIS daddy?
11-03-2017 06:44 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

After seeing Griggs’ performance last week, perhaps he wasn’t healthy enough to play effectively. He threw more TDs to UAB than us. If he’d gone out there and looked his best, I’d be more inclined to agree with you, Reg.
11-03-2017 07:04 PM
SouthernMiss3613 Offline
1st String

(11-03-2017 06:10 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  You gotta believe Griggs is healthy enough to start, or he would have never gotten in the game last week. Hell, if he can play, then he can start. Therefore, Hopson is in fact a scumbag that plays Daddy Ball, bc there's no way he can simply be this stupid.

I 100% agree with you. This is getting ridiculous. Howard sucks!
11-03-2017 07:09 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(11-03-2017 07:04 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  After seeing Griggs’ performance last week, perhaps he wasn’t healthy enough to play effectively. He threw more TDs to UAB than us. If he’d gone out there and looked his best, I’d be more inclined to agree with you, Reg.

maybe he is too hurt to be effective. hard to say. he didn't look his best. of course, they've been pretty good at putting him in bad situations - down multiple scores, backed-up deep in his own territory. not a good position for anyone to be successful in, especially someone too hurt to start.

point being, if Keon couldn't get it done at home against UAB (and he couldn't) why does the staff think he can get it done at Tenn? heck, sense Griggs was healthy enough to play in the 4th quarter last week, to the point that the staff thought he may provide a "spark", then he should be in better health with a week to heal and may provide that "spark" they mentioned. also, he would be in a better position to provide that spark if you start him, rather than put him in when the team is down a couple scores, late in the game and everyone in the stadium knows he's gotta throw it. they may as well give him a start and see how he does. they can certainly always pull him for Keon if he looks like hell. i have nothing against KH or for KG, other than from what i've seen, KGs is much better and should be playing.
11-03-2017 07:39 PM
WoodyGuthrie Offline
Water Engineer

Reggie, so explain why Griggs "couldn't get it done at home" against UNT?

I think you're imagining a huge disparity between the two that just isn't there. I'm more concerned about what appears to be an ineffective offensive scheme that isn't working.
11-04-2017 07:46 AM
Advertisement

nastybunch Offline
Heisman

It is hard to believe grown men will talk about college kids like I see on here. It is embarrassing to read.
11-04-2017 10:30 AM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(11-04-2017 07:46 AM)WoodyGuthrie Wrote:  Reggie, so explain why Griggs "couldn't get it done at home" against UNT?

I think you're imagining a huge disparity between the two that just isn't there. I'm more concerned about what appears to be an ineffective offensive scheme that isn't working.

i wouldn't shoulder the blame of that loss on Griggs. the team was out played/coached.
11-04-2017 11:07 AM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(11-04-2017 10:30 AM)nastybunch Wrote:  It is hard to believe grown men will talk about college kids like I see on here. It is embarrassing to read.

so no one should ever mention a players name on a college sports message board? noted.
11-04-2017 11:09 AM
Up2stuff Offline
Special Teams

(11-04-2017 10:30 AM)nastybunch Wrote:  It is hard to believe grown men will talk about college kids like I see on here. It is embarrassing to read.

Take a year and coach little league baseball, football or basketball. You'd really be amazed at the things grown men (and women for that matter) will yell at kids 5-15 years old (not to mention the coaches) when they can hear them yelling it from the stands. 04-jawdrop
11-04-2017 11:58 AM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(11-04-2017 11:07 AM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 07:46 AM)WoodyGuthrie Wrote:  Reggie, so explain why Griggs "couldn't get it done at home" against UNT?

i wouldn't shoulder the blame of that loss on Griggs. the team was out played/coached.

So when Howard doesn’t deliver, it’s all on him, and when he does, it’s everybody else’s doing. When Griggs delivers, it’s all him, and when he doesn’t, it’s everybody else’s fault. Do you listen to this stuff in your head as you type it?

I was all on board with Griggs after a game and a half, but there really hasn’t been much of a gap in the team’s fortunes with either since.
11-04-2017 12:51 PM
Advertisement

Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(11-04-2017 12:51 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  

So when Howard doesn’t deliver, it’s all on him, and when he does, it’s everybody else’s doing. When Griggs delivers, it’s all him, and when he doesn’t, it’s everybody else’s fault. Do you listen to this stuff in your head as you type it?

I was all on board with Griggs after a game and a half, but there really hasn’t been much of a gap in the team’s fortunes with either since.

you must be one of those liberal scumbags that likes to put words in others mouth and just make up stuff.

i could make up some stuff and say you said/meant it too.

so, you are all on board with Griggs every time he throws a completion or TD but when he makes an incompletion you think he deserves to be benched. then, when Keon makes a completion, you think he is and should be the starter. of course, until he turns the ball over, then you think Griggs should be back in the game. that's weird that you actually believe that we should alternate QBs after each incomplete pass or turnover. see how that works?
11-04-2017 02:15 PM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

indeed. words we should all try to remember. we can still insult the coaches and administration, though, right?
11-04-2017 04:05 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
(11-04-2017 02:15 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  

you must be one of those liberal scumbags that likes to put words in others mouth and just make up stuff.

Why o' why on here is it always the "Lib'ral scumbag's" fault?03-lmfao I've read lots of scumbag stuff on here, and unless there has been a geographical nexus in south Missi'sippi the last couple of days, I doubt few of them qualified as Lib'ral!
11-04-2017 04:30 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(11-04-2017 11:07 AM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  i wouldn't shoulder the blame of that loss on Griggs. the team was out played/coached.

so, you are all on board with Griggs every time he throws a completion or TD but when he makes an incompletion you think he deserves to be benched. then, when Keon makes a completion, you think he is and should be the starter. of course, until he turns the ball over, then you think Griggs should be back in the game. that's weird that you actually believe that we should alternate QBs after each incomplete pass or turnover. see how that works?

The thing is I’m not putting any words in your mouth. You’ve actually made those assertions—repeatedly and often. For criminy’s sake, you deflected the blame for a loss in one of Griggs starts elsewhere in the very post I quoted, which is what prompted me to point it out in the first place.
11-04-2017 04:35 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(11-04-2017 04:35 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 11:07 AM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  i wouldn't shoulder the blame of that loss on Griggs. the team was out played/coached.

The thing is I’m not putting any words in your mouth. You’ve actually made those assertions—repeatedly and often. For criminy’s sake, you deflected the blame for a loss in one of Griggs starts elsewhere in the very post I quoted, which is what prompted me to point it out in the first place.

its very simple. we would have won the kentucky game with Griggs for 4 (or 3) quarters. i dont think anyone can reasonably dispute that. would you? in short, Griggs played THAT much better than Keon, so we woulda won had he started.

i don't think we would have beaten UNT had Keon played all 4 quarters. in short, Keon has not demonstrated that he can play THAT much better than Griggs. therefore, I think we would have lost that game regardless. do you disagree? tell me if you think we would have beaten UNT with Keon starting that game. whats your honest opinion?

i also think we would have beaten UAB with Griggs at QB for 4 quarters (i can only assume he was healthy enough to play...or they wouldn't have played him at all that game). certainly, Keon didn't do anything outstanding other than not miss a wide open Ito on a trick play, the first play of the game. my opinion, from what i have witnessed all year, is that Griggs is the better QB. nothing more and nothing less. outside of the fact that it looks like Hop may be playing favorites - and thats what pisses me off. play the best QB. we could be 7-1 going into a game against a wounded, beat-up, bad Tenn team, had Griggs started against Kentucky and UAB. thats just my opinion.
11-04-2017 05:52 PM
Advertisement

Eagle9 Offline
Special Teams

How exactly was the touchdown to Ito the first play a trick play ? What was tricky about it ?
11-04-2017 06:14 PM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

(11-04-2017 06:14 PM)Eagle9 Wrote:  How exactly was the touchdown to Ito the first play a trick play ? What was tricky about it ?

yeah. I mean, that was the most open human being I've ever seen on a football field, but there wasn't anything tricky about it.
11-04-2017 06:18 PM
EagleWorldOrder Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: The Bad Guys
(11-04-2017 05:52 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 04:35 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  

its very simple. we would have won the kentucky game with Griggs for 4 (or 3) quarters. i dont think anyone can reasonably dispute that. would you? in short, Griggs played THAT much better than Keon, so we woulda won had he started.

i don't think we would have beaten UNT had Keon played all 4 quarters. in short, Keon has not demonstrated that he can play THAT much better than Griggs. therefore, I think we would have lost that game regardless. do you disagree? tell me if you think we would have beaten UNT with Keon starting that game. whats your honest opinion?

i also think we would have beaten UAB with Griggs at QB for 4 quarters (i can only assume he was healthy enough to play...or they wouldn't have played him at all that game). certainly, Keon didn't do anything outstanding other than not miss a wide open Ito on a trick play, the first play of the game. my opinion, from what i have witnessed all year, is that Griggs is the better QB. nothing more and nothing less. outside of the fact that it looks like Hop may be playing favorites - and thats what pisses me off. play the best QB. we could be 7-1 going into a game against a wounded, beat-up, bad Tenn team, had Griggs started against Kentucky and UAB. thats just my opinion.

Just my opinion, we have two QBs that are mediocre at best.
11-04-2017 06:20 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(11-04-2017 06:14 PM)Eagle9 Wrote:  How exactly was the touchdown to Ito the first play a trick play ? What was tricky about it ?

ok, im mistaken. i was thinking it was a flea flicker for some reason. Keon made a good play but Ito was wide the heck open. he didnt miss a wide open receiver that play, was the point.
11-04-2017 06:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.