Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Would USF have been ranked if they were undefeated
fanhood Offline
All American

I Root For: San Diego State
Would USF have been ranked if they were undefeated
I know many here are about to tell me to go **** myself, but it is a serious question.

To date, USF has not beaten anyone. From what many columnists are saying, the committee rewarded teams who have beaten other good teams.

According to Massey, these are USFs top wins.

USF: #85 Tulane, #94 Temple, #99 Cinci, #105 Illinois

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footba...ust-right/

"I'm a bit confused by some of the logic here. By ranking Wisconsin and Miami at No. 9 and No. 10, respectively, the committee sent a loud message: "It doesn't matter if you're undefeated if you haven't beaten anybody.""

But, same column:

"All that should matter to UCF fans is that they are the highest-ranked Group of Five team. No matter what the Knights do this season, they won't end up in the top four, so the number next to them doesn't matter as much as their position related to No. 23 Memphis at the moment. Still, No. 18 seems a bit low for a team that's dominated its competition to this point. I know that being undefeated only gets you so far, but it should get you a little further than 18."

Thoughts?
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2017 02:51 AM by fanhood.)
11-01-2017 02:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: Would USF have been ranked if they were undefeated
Lmao dude you really need help your trolling is really bad
11-01-2017 04:36 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
But I’ll help you out
First the college football playoff poll is ONLY important in deciding who the playoff and the NY6 bowl rep is from the champions of the nonP5

Under your question IF USF won out and was the AAC champ they would be the highest ranked champion even with that bad early schedule. Care to debate that?

In fact I would say that if USF wins out even after the Houston loss they will be the highest rated champion in that poll. Care to debate that outcome sceneraio also?
11-01-2017 05:00 AM
fanhood Offline
All American

(11-01-2017 05:00 AM)Cubanbull Wrote:  But I’ll help you out
First the college football playoff poll is ONLY important in deciding who the playoff and the NY6 bowl rep is from the champions of the nonP5

Under your question IF USF won out and was the AAC champ they would be the highest ranked champion even with that bad early schedule. Care to debate that?

In fact I would say that if USF wins out even after the Houston loss they will be the highest rated champion in that poll. Care to debate that outcome sceneraio also?

Maybe, but how would you debate their weak schedule? Their best win is over Tulane, and their next two games will not help their cause (Uconn #108, Tulsa #97). Thus, in ten games their best win would be over an 85th ranked Tulane team. I was actually shocked when I compiled that data. I didn't realize how down their schedule was.

Do you think a win over UCF and Memphis/Navy/SMU would overcome the weak front 10? I think it probably will, but it is not a sure thing. With one loss, as they have now, makes it very challenging.

It will be fun to see what happens.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2017 05:52 AM by fanhood.)
11-01-2017 05:35 AM
Ocalabull Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USF
If they win the AAC with 1 loss, you bet your ass they'll be ranked. AAAC>mac>mwc
11-01-2017 06:39 AM
NothingButKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF, LSU
They'd be around #22. Maybe behind Memphis.
11-01-2017 06:43 AM
Advertisement

fanhood Offline
All American

(11-01-2017 06:39 AM)Ocalabull Wrote:  If they win the AAC with 1 loss, you bet your ass they'll be ranked. AAAC>mac>mwc

Ok, but how do you explain these numbers?

USF: #85 Tulane, #94 Temple, #99 Cinci, #105 Illinois, #97 Tulsa, #108 UCONN

Are you saying that the weakness of the first ten games is overcome by late season good wins over a UCF and Memphis team?
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2017 06:47 AM by fanhood.)
11-01-2017 06:43 AM
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
NO, WE ARE ALL SAYING A ONE LOSS AAC CHAMP WILL BE RANKED. And that's the part you don't seem to accept.
11-01-2017 06:59 AM
fanhood Offline
All American

(11-01-2017 06:59 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  NO, WE ARE ALL SAYING A ONE LOSS AAC CHAMP WILL BE RANKED. And that's the part you don't seem to accept.

I am not saying I would not accept it. I actually think it is likely late in the year, as teams lose. I am just saying that if you look at USF's schedule they may not even have been ranked this week. We don't know.

Do you think the committee will ignore the fact that USF's best win will be against Tulane, ranked 85th, if they beat Uconn and Tulsa, and have them ranked going into the USF game?
11-01-2017 07:12 AM
ultraviolet Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(11-01-2017 02:49 AM)fanhood Wrote:  I know many here are about to tell me to go **** myself, but it is a serious question.

To date, USF has not beaten anyone. From what many columnists are saying, the committee rewarded teams who have beaten other good teams.

"I'm a bit confused by some of the logic here. By ranking Wisconsin and Miami at No. 9 and No. 10, respectively, the committee sent a loud message: "It doesn't matter if you're undefeated if you haven't beaten anybody.""

But, same column:

"All that should matter to UCF fans is that they are the highest-ranked Group of Five team. No matter what the Knights do this season, they won't end up in the top four, so the number next to them doesn't matter as much as their position related to No. 23 Memphis at the moment. Still, No. 18 seems a bit low for a team that's dominated its competition to this point. I know that being undefeated only gets you so far, but it should get you a little further than 18."

Thoughts?

Simple. The AAC is valued more highly than G4 conferences. It's just the way of the world.
11-01-2017 09:54 AM
fanhood Offline
All American

(11-01-2017 09:54 AM)ultraviolet Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 02:49 AM)fanhood Wrote:  I know many here are about to tell me to go **** myself, but it is a serious question.

But, same column:

Thoughts?

Simple. The AAC is valued more highly than G4 conferences. It's just the way of the world.

Interesting. Even when the teams in their conference, in this case, in the East, are ranked very low?
11-01-2017 09:56 AM
Advertisement

Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(11-01-2017 09:56 AM)fanhood Wrote:  

But, same column:

Thoughts?

Interesting. Even when the teams in their conference, in this case, in the East, are ranked very low?

You mean like the low teams that SDSU is playing in their division? I guess they dont matter LOL
11-01-2017 09:58 AM
fanhood Offline
All American

(11-01-2017 09:58 AM)Cubanbull Wrote:  

But, same column:

Thoughts?

You mean like the low teams that SDSU is playing in their division? I guess they dont matter LOL

Certainly that matters. The schedule is getting weaker. There is no doubt. With that, those are the wins as of today. When comparing Team A to Team B, it is pretty clear. You will notice, I did list USF's future games against Tulsa, Uconn, and UCF. Clearly Tulsa and Uconn do not help, but UCF and potentially Memphis or Navy or SMU would. I think it will even out. Should be interesting.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2017 10:04 AM by fanhood.)
11-01-2017 10:04 AM
sfink16 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple

But, same column:

Thoughts?

You're mixing apples and oranges again, or conveniently forgetting facts. Your subject talks about an undefe4ated USF but doesn't list all the teams they played. Houston is 41st in the Massey ratings. If USF, that would be one of their wins as well. Yet you list all the bad wins and forget their (what would've been) good wins, had they won and been undefeated. Either change you subject or correct the missing data in your post.

You do like present things two ways which contradict one another. It must be a gift you have.
11-01-2017 10:05 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(11-01-2017 10:04 AM)fanhood Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 09:58 AM)Cubanbull Wrote:  

But, same column:

Thoughts?

Certainly that matters. The schedule is getting weaker. There is no doubt. With that, those are the wins as of today. When comparing Team A to Team B, it is pretty clear. You will notice, I did list USF's future games against Tulsa, Uconn, and UCF. Clearly Tulsa and Uconn do not help, but UCF and potentially Memphis or Navy or SMU would. I think it will even out. Should be interesting.

But what I keep telling you is that the WINS and SOS right now means NOTHING.

It is about the 5 champions after the season is over thats the ranking that matters and that will be the record and SOS that is important.

If USF wins the AAC title it would mean they would be 11-1 with wins over ranked UCF and Memphis. Let me know which other champion could match that
11-01-2017 10:09 AM
tigerjamesc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: more wins

But, same column:

Thoughts?

How many minutes a day do you spend without the AAC in your mind? We should pay rent...
11-01-2017 10:14 AM
Advertisement

ShockerFever Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Wichita State
Does fanhood sleep? Is he employed?

Weird posting times.
11-01-2017 10:16 AM
fanhood Offline
All American

(11-01-2017 10:16 AM)ShockerFever Wrote:  Does fanhood sleep? Is he employed?

Weird posting times.

Ah, you caught me. I spend most of my time overseas :-) Gotta make that money.
11-01-2017 10:18 AM
fanhood Offline
All American

(11-01-2017 10:14 AM)tigerjamesc Wrote:  

But, same column:

Thoughts?

How many minutes a day do you spend without the AAC in your mind? We should pay rent...

I do enjoy this board.

Even when teams in their conference, in this case, in the East, are ranked very low?
11-01-2017 10:25 AM
rtaylor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bearcats
Why is FanQouRutFinHead so mad? Is it because his team sucks? So emotional with these threads. Never even brings up SDSU any more.
11-01-2017 11:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.