Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wanted to be the first to congratulate FAU
Bookmark and Share
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
For being CUSA East and CUSA conference champions this season. You got a hell of a coach, and while he won't last that long before he goes back to a p5 school somewhere, i am incredibly envious of you right now. The worst thing that can happen is getting a bum like Holliday that doesn't suck enough to get fired, but isn't actually good enough to win games against good opponents consistently either, or conference titles. So we are stuck in a hell of mediocrity.

Also to FIU, same deal, good game and great coaching. Doc was a deer in the headlights today in Huntington, got ripped apart by a good game plan and the same thing will happen next week.

How long ago was it that myself and others were giving the F_Us crap for even being in CUSA and now, they are the class of CUSA
10-28-2017 07:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
RE: Wanted to be the first to congratulate FAU
(10-28-2017 07:34 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  For being CUSA East and CUSA conference champions this season. You got a hell of a coach, and while he won't last that long before he goes back to a p5 school somewhere, i am incredibly envious of you right now. The worst thing that can happen is getting a bum like Holliday that doesn't suck enough to get fired, but isn't actually good enough to win games against good opponents consistently either, or conference titles. So we are stuck in a hell of mediocrity.

Also to FIU, same deal, good game and great coaching. Doc was a deer in the headlights today in Huntington, got ripped apart by a good game plan and the same thing will happen next week.

How long ago was it that myself and others were giving the F_Us crap for even being in CUSA and now, they are the class of CUSA

Tough night for Herd and Topper fans
10-28-2017 07:48 PM
Ragu Offline
All American

I Root For: FAU/FSU
Getting ahead of yourself here. Lots of competition in cusa east and west. Fau does have talent but the QB play isn't consistent enough for me to be supremely confident

I'm just happy it looks like we will be bowling. That's what I was looking for in year 1. Then contend in year 2
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2017 08:04 PM by Ragu.)
10-28-2017 08:03 PM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

(10-28-2017 08:03 PM)Ragu Wrote:  Getting ahead of yourself here. Lots of competition in cusa east and west. Fau does have talent but the QB play isn't consistent enough for me to be supremely confident

I'm just happy it looks like we will be bowling. That's what I was looking for in year 1. Then contend in year 2

Kiffin keeps this up, there won't be a year 2. Its truly amazing to see what good coaches can do. Those guys don't get enough credit. FAU has always had talented players, like most D1 programs, but only a handful of coaches can get them to play to their potential, and come up with gameplans that put them into a position to be successful
10-28-2017 08:09 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
Congratulations FAU. Better team won tonight. It was a good game.
10-28-2017 08:14 PM
Advertisement

Ragu Offline
All American

I Root For: FAU/FSU
(10-28-2017 08:09 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  
(10-28-2017 08:03 PM)Ragu Wrote:  Getting ahead of yourself here. Lots of competition in cusa east and west. Fau does have talent but the QB play isn't consistent enough for me to be supremely confident

Kiffin keeps this up, there won't be a year 2. Its truly amazing to see what good coaches can do. Those guys don't get enough credit. FAU has always had talented players, like most D1 programs, but only a handful of coaches can get them to play to their potential, and come up with gameplans that put them into a position to be successful

I doubt he gets a top caliber job after one year. We are set up with Briles taking over when he does leave though
10-28-2017 08:36 PM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

(10-28-2017 08:36 PM)Ragu Wrote:  

I doubt he gets a top caliber job after one year. We are set up with Briles taking over when he does leave though

Time will tell. Its just crazy. I am somehow hoping that we overlooked FIU looking forward to FAU, but its more likely that we just suck and will get rolled again.
10-29-2017 09:32 AM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(10-29-2017 09:32 AM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  

Time will tell. Its just crazy. I am somehow hoping that we overlooked FIU looking forward to FAU, but its more likely that we just suck and will get rolled again.

FIU and FAU finally made good hires and with all the Florida talent on those teams its not hard to turn around a program. FAU passed the eye test, but if not for 4 WKU turnovers FAU loses last night which still keeps them a average team IMO. But i am very impressed with the turnaround that the Florida twins are having and it will only raise the conference profile.
10-29-2017 10:01 AM
goliath74 Offline

I Root For: FAU, FSU
(10-29-2017 10:01 AM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  

FIU and FAU finally made good hires and with all the Florida talent on those teams its not hard to turn around a program. FAU passed the eye test, but if not for 4 WKU turnovers FAU loses last night which still keeps them a average team IMO. But i am very impressed with the turnaround that the Florida twins are having and it will only raise the conference profile.

So FAU should get no credit for forcing turnovers?
10-29-2017 10:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(10-29-2017 10:03 AM)goliath74 Wrote:  
(10-28-2017 08:09 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  Kiffin keeps this up, there won't be a year 2. Its truly amazing to see what good coaches can do. Those guys don't get enough credit. FAU has always had talented players, like most D1 programs, but only a handful of coaches can get them to play to their potential, and come up with gameplans that put them into a position to be successful

Realistically only forced one when our running back got the ball ripped out, the rest was more our QB making some throws that was head scratching and was more on him just throwing the ball directly to FAU defenders for no reason. The other turnover was our on player being stupid and standing there like a moron close to where the punt was about to land and a bad bounce made the ball hit him. WKU basically gave FAU the ball in the red zone once and FAU took it in the Red zone another time with the ball strip. FAU defense played an aggressive game which made our QB hurry, but those was mistakes that he normally would never make. No body is questioning if FAU deserved to win, you did and WKU has to live with what it did
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2017 10:17 AM by wkuhilltopperfan.)
10-29-2017 10:15 AM
goliath74 Offline

(10-29-2017 10:15 AM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  
(10-28-2017 08:36 PM)Ragu Wrote:  I doubt he gets a top caliber job after one year. We are set up with Briles taking over when he does leave though

Realistically only forced one when our running back got the ball ripped out, the rest was more our QB making some throws that was head scratching and was more on him just throwing the ball directly to FAU defenders for no reason. The other turnover was our on player being stupid and standing there like a moron close to where the punt was about to land and a bad bounce made the ball hit him. WKU basically gave FAU the ball in the red zone once and FAU took it in the Red zone another time with the ball strip. FAU defense played an aggressive game which made our QB hurry, but those was mistakes that he normally would never make.

Yes, but the pressure needs to be applied and interceptions need to be caught. FAU has made a whole bunch of errors too, including an interception of our own and a bad snap on a FG attempt. We can't start "what ifing" by removing only one team's miscues.

What the game looked like to me is that we were luckier than WKU but we were also a very slight bit better. Not 14 points better but, perhaps, 3 points better than WKU.
10-29-2017 10:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(10-29-2017 10:18 AM)goliath74 Wrote:  
(10-29-2017 10:15 AM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  
(10-29-2017 09:32 AM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  Time will tell. Its just crazy. I am somehow hoping that we overlooked FIU looking forward to FAU, but its more likely that we just suck and will get rolled again.

Realistically only forced one when our running back got the ball ripped out, the rest was more our QB making some throws that was head scratching and was more on him just throwing the ball directly to FAU defenders for no reason. The other turnover was our on player being stupid and standing there like a moron close to where the punt was about to land and a bad bounce made the ball hit him. WKU basically gave FAU the ball in the red zone once and FAU took it in the Red zone another time with the ball strip. FAU defense played an aggressive game which made our QB hurry, but those was mistakes that he normally would never make.

Yes, but the pressure needs to be applied and interceptions need to be caught. FAU has made a whole bunch of errors too, including an interception of our own and a bad snap on a FG attempt. We can't start "what ifing" by removing only one team's miscues.

What the game looked like to me is that we were luckier than WKU but we were also a very slight bit better. Not 14 points better but, perhaps, 3 points better than WKU.

No argument here. I'm just happy we did not waxed. We was due a down year after our recent success we have had, with our recruiting we are having I expect us to be back sooner than later
10-29-2017 11:22 AM
Hilltop75 Offline
Special Teams

(10-28-2017 08:14 PM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  Congratulations FAU. Better team won tonight. It was a good game.

Better Coach won !!!!

Not to make sure the punter punts is not excusable.
Even with all of our turn overs WKU still is only down one touchdown
with FAU punting the ball back to us with enough time to tie the game.

What do we do ? Send not one player in to make sure the punter punts.
So the punter just runs for a first down.

You don't even have to have one minute of coaching experience to make sure the punter punts.
10-29-2017 11:49 AM
Advertisement

Jacque Offline
Special Teams

(10-29-2017 11:49 AM)Hilltop75 Wrote:  
(10-28-2017 08:14 PM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  Congratulations FAU. Better team won tonight. It was a good game.

Better Coach won !!!!

Not to make sure the punter punts is not excusable.
Even with all of our turn overs WKU still is only down one touchdown
with FAU punting the ball back to us with enough time to tie the game.

What do we do ? Send not one player in to make sure the punter punts.
So the punter just runs for a first down.

You don't even have to have one minute of coaching experience to make sure the punter punts.

That is what happens when your ST Coordinator is a coaching veteran of over 30 years that never graduated to big boy football until his son gave him a job!
10-30-2017 09:18 AM
MTowho Offline
1st String

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
I'll give credit where credit is due. I have viewed both FAU and FIU as nothing more than strategic recruiting pieces to the conference, but obviously this year has changed that trajectory in south Florida. Both schools are driving the bus this season and getting our conference some much needed press with the coaching hires and subsequent success. I'm also pretty anti-Texas in that I don't think we should be in a conference with Texas schools, but I'm glad to see North Texas is competitive again. I've always enjoyed our rivalry with pUNT even though we don't play as often and haven't had good teams at the same time in a while.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2017 09:24 AM by MTowho.)
10-30-2017 09:24 AM
Jacque Offline
Special Teams

FAU and FIU are sleeping giants that needed good coaches to awaken them. The recruiting advantage that they have has not been exploited previously. And with their new success, that recruiting advantage will increase. Players that in past years went to Marshall, and for the past several years have also gone to WKU will possibly stay home where their families can watch them play. Unless the schools hire an Ellis Johnson when their current coaches leave/retire, they should be set up for continued success.
10-30-2017 09:56 AM
goliath74 Offline

(10-30-2017 09:56 AM)Jacque Wrote:  FAU and FIU are sleeping giants that needed good coaches to awaken them. The recruiting advantage that they have has not been exploited previously. And with their new success, that recruiting advantage will increase. Players that in past years went to Marshall, and for the past several years have also gone to WKU will possibly stay home where their families can watch them play. Unless the schools hire an Ellis Johnson when their current coaches leave/retire, they should be set up for continued success.

Recruiting HAS been there. Good coaching hasn't. In FAU's case, who do you think is running for ungodly yardage? Who's managing the game? Who's providing top tackling? It's all FAU recruits. They did not come to join Lane from elsewhere. They were already in the program.
10-30-2017 10:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.