Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What's the latest with Rice's ...
Almadenmike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

DonatorsNew Orleans BowlDonators
What's the latest with Rice's ...
... use of the STRIVR Lab virtual reality training aid to improve our QB performance?

I haven't heard much since it was introduced in 2015 as a "no-brainer" player-improvement technology:

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2017 10:32 AM by Almadenmike.)
10-23-2017 10:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HawaiiOwl Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Owls
RE: What's the latest with Rice's ...
(10-23-2017 10:30 AM)Almadenmike Wrote:  ... use of the STRIVR Lab virtual reality training aid to improve our QB performance?

I haven't heard much since it was introduced in 2015 as a "no-brainer" player-improvement technology:

Clearly it has worked
10-23-2017 10:52 AM
Tomball Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls
Can't afford to turn it on.
10-23-2017 11:00 AM
Advertisement

Antarius Offline
Say no to cronyism

I Root For: Rice
From STRIVR twitter

Quote:Love seeing one of our teams, @UVa_Football, start off 5-1 after 2-10 last season. Nice turnaround for the Cavaliers. #VRworks #HoosRising

Quote:The @dallascowboys are seeing success with virtual reality training. @STRIVRlabs #Cowboys

There is a reference to Rice, but it was a good wishes due to the Hurricane. I guess we still have it, but haven't heard a thing.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2017 11:01 AM by Antarius.)
10-23-2017 11:01 AM
westsidewolf1989 Offline
Heisman

Heard someone spilled a Coke on it. I think we are now waiting for the XBox One X to come out in November.
10-23-2017 11:06 AM
Advertisement

ETx Owl Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Well, when the best you can get to campus is an athlete, who is more TE than QB and the rest are undersized, skinny or slow... might as well mothball it.
10-23-2017 11:54 AM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
(10-23-2017 11:06 AM)westsidewolf1989 Wrote:  Heard someone spilled a Coke on it. I think we are now waiting for the XBox One X to come out in November.

The John Madden cartridge glitched as well.
10-23-2017 11:54 AM
Advertisement

Antarius Offline
Say no to cronyism

(10-23-2017 11:54 AM)ETx Owl Wrote:  Well, when the best you can get to campus is an athlete, who is more TE than QB and the rest are undersized, skinny or slow... might as well mothball it.

undersized, skinny and slow wasn't the reason for

[Image: RriQOOX.gif]

or this
[Image: giphy.gif]

That whole MK's post about rabbit ears and all, but now we've just straight up decided to chuck our football players under the bus? If only they were better...

Just wow. Sure Glaesmann or Smalls may not be Tom Brady or Russel Wilson, but give them a season with Urban Meyer or Tom Herman, and just see. Setting them up to fail and them blaming them for said failure - just not cool.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2017 12:01 PM by Antarius.)
10-23-2017 11:58 AM
ETx Owl Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(10-23-2017 11:58 AM)Antarius Wrote:  
(10-23-2017 11:54 AM)ETx Owl Wrote:  Well, when the best you can get to campus is an athlete, who is more TE than QB and the rest are undersized, skinny or slow... might as well mothball it.

or this

That whole MK's post about rabbit ears and all, but now we've just straight up decided to chuck our football players under the bus? If only they were better...

Just wow. Sure Glaesmann or Smalls may not be Tom Brady or Russel Wilson, but give them a season with Urban Meyer or Tom Herman, and just see. Setting them up to fail and them blaming them for said failure - just not cool.

LOL
10-23-2017 12:25 PM
Advertisement

mrbig Offline
Heisman

I am also curious about the use of STRIVR.
10-23-2017 12:43 PM
75src Offline
All American

The problem is not really that much about the players but the coaches. We have one sophomore QB Tyner and the rest freshmen. We must not have recruited what we needed to have an upperclassman in place. The rest of the team not just QB are young. The present coaching is not good enough to get them to execute probably although UTSA was an improvement over the previous blowouts.

(10-23-2017 11:58 AM)Antarius Wrote:  

or this

10-23-2017 03:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.