Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hustlebelt Wins for Most Incoherent Article on Akron Game
Bookmark and Share
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
Hustlebelt Wins for Most Incoherent Article on Akron Game
Dear Hustlebelt, if you want people to read your articles, make sure that your "writers" have a clue?

https://www.hustlebelt.com/2017/10/22/16...zips-recap

Wonderful tidbits include how Woodside was replaced by backup Robbie Kelly, and that ... get this ... last season Cody Thomspon had 1269 yards and 11 TDs on 6 catches. Wow. I mean, how did he not win the Heisman averaging over 200 yards per catch, and almost 2 TDs per catch.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2017 04:46 PM by northcoastRocket.)
10-22-2017 04:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
RE: Hustlebelt Wins for Most Incoherent Article on Akron Game
Look, if you catch a pass for 99 yards, stop at the one inch line and run th
E length of the field backwards for a 200 yard reception and do it REPEATEDLY you don’t deserve the Heisman. Apparently the TDs were on rushes or returns. BTW, Kelly looks like the QB of the future.
10-22-2017 07:07 PM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-22-2017 04:44 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Dear Hustlebelt, if you want people to read your articles, make sure that your "writers" have a clue?

https://www.hustlebelt.com/2017/10/22/16...zips-recap

Wonderful tidbits include how Woodside was replaced by backup Robbie Kelly, and that ... get this ... last season Cody Thomspon had 1269 yards and 11 TDs on 6 catches. Wow. I mean, how did he not win the Heisman averaging over 200 yards per catch, and almost 2 TDs per catch.
Was Robbie Kelly the back up who came in for the zips?

Lots of head scratchers in that article.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
10-22-2017 07:12 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
We need to look back and see if any of those double TD catches, if scored correctly as 12 points, would have won a game we lost.
10-22-2017 07:50 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
I'm going to take your word on the article and not invest time that I'll never get back on that one. Thompson's stats are as impressive as EMU's 108 yard field goal a few weeks ago as reported by Ken Barna.
10-22-2017 10:00 PM
Advertisement

MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
The typos are understandable to some extent. It happens. After reading the Blade for years - I'm used to that. Still, that is not a comparison you want to have to establish credibility.

I'm sure the receptions for Thompson dropped a digit somewhere. I'm assuming he had about 56 or 66 receptions - not going to look it up. But Woodside being replaced by Kelly - who actually came in for the Zips to replace Woodson is just laziness in reporting. I would have been happy if we had a back-up that accomplished what he did. I watch him warming up on the sideline before he came in. He has a cannon for an arm and decent size (Kelly that is). He looks like he could be a good QB - but he could be a senior for all I know.

Also had a typo on "the heavy past of the schedule" instead of "heavy part..." Otherwise, it was a decent enough article talking about a couple of things most people don't know. we have held 3 teams under 100 yards rushing. Except for the Tulsa and Miami games the defense has played very well. Can somewhat toss out Miami because they are now a top 10 team in the nation and even though they had not played for 2 weeks, they knocked the rust off in the 2nd half. But still we were only down 38-30 in the 4th qtr. before giving up 2 easy TD's when the defense was gassed in that heat and humidity. We had our chance.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2017 08:38 AM by MotoRocket.)
10-23-2017 08:34 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

Sounds to me like a reporter watching the game, on tv, in India.
10-23-2017 10:07 AM
Advertisement

Carolina Rocket Offline
Token fat guy

Come on, the very first thing under the title of the article:
"The Rockets rolls through another MAC opponent"
"Rockets rolls"

Top notch journalism.
10-23-2017 06:38 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-23-2017 10:07 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  Sounds to me like a reporter watching the game, on tv, in India.

Close. CMU.
10-23-2017 07:06 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

On the Thompson catch thing though, it wasn't just that he dropped a digit, because he typed the word "six" and didn't just use the number. Thompson caught "sixty-four" last year.

Then there was the part about JVJ having this breakout game because he only caught 2 passes the week before. Being from CMU, the author should have remembered that the previous week they played in a monsoon and Woodside only completed 10 total passes that game anyway.

Well, I give him credit for not calling our QB Whiteside or Woodville or whatever like some writers do. I wonder if Akron's QB ever gets called Whiteson in any articles.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2017 07:16 PM by northcoastRocket.)
10-23-2017 07:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.