Open TigerLinks

CALLING M-Town!
Bookmark and Share
NDTiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Exclamation CALLING M-Town!
m-town
You’ve been silent for quite a while. Any chance you are starting your annual FB recruiting thread? I would think the staff would be on fire for the ‘18 class. There is very limited info on visits.

That being said, our current committed class is ranked very close to the same as the last 3 classes. The biggest difference is that the “mean” player ranking is higher (ie the range from top to bottom is smaller). The net impact is MORE high quality depth.
10-22-2017 03:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigersTigers Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tigers
RE: CALLING M-Town!
The last 6 recruits (scholarships) left will define the final recruiting ranking. If the Tigers can get who they want of of Memphis (Cam Jones, E Gary, Kid out of Cordova and Jememiah Salaam, Devon Robinson... could be another top 60 class. Stay tuned!

(10-22-2017 03:55 PM)NDTiger Wrote:  m-town
You’ve been silent for quite a while. Any chance you are starting your annual FB recruiting thread? I would think the staff would be on fire for the ‘18 class. There is very limited info on visits.

That being said, our current committed class is ranked very close to the same as the last 3 classes. The biggest difference is that the “mean” player ranking is higher (ie the range from top to bottom is smaller). The net impact is MORE high quality depth.
10-22-2017 06:06 PM
Crazier Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
Last 6 spots needs to go to dlineman and linebacker's.
10-22-2017 08:05 PM
tigerblu Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(10-22-2017 08:05 PM)Crazier Wrote:  Last 6 spots needs to go to dlineman and linebacker's.

TRUTH!!!!Last 6 spots needs to go to dlineman and linebacker's.

10-23-2017 11:12 AM
tigerderek Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Sunshinepumpers
Devon Robinson may switch to Memphis cause of Mullen leaving.
12-07-2017 03:20 AM
Advertisement

NDTiger Offline
All American

(12-07-2017 03:20 AM)tigerderek Wrote:  Devon Robinson may switch to Memphis cause of Mullen leaving.

Hopeful we can benefit from all the chaos at Old Myth, Arky, Moo St, and YewT. I can’t imagine that we would not flip a handful of recruits or add a 3-5 transfers at key positions.
12-07-2017 04:07 AM
tigerderek Offline
Heisman

(12-07-2017 04:07 AM)NDTiger Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 03:20 AM)tigerderek Wrote:  Devon Robinson may switch to Memphis cause of Mullen leaving.

Hopeful we can benefit from all the chaos at Old Myth, Arky, Moo St, and YewT. I can’t imagine that we would not flip a handful of recruits or add a 3-5 transfers at key positions.

I'd be shocked if don't get at least one.
12-07-2017 05:19 AM
TigersRuleAll Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I think Cam Jones, Carvin, Devon Robinson are all in play. Going to be a really interesting next couple of weeks.
12-07-2017 09:58 AM
NDTiger Offline
All American

(12-07-2017 09:58 AM)TigersRuleAll Wrote:  I think Cam Jones, Carvin, Devon Robinson are all in play. Going to be a really interesting next couple of weeks.

Sprinkle in 2 edge rushers and a JC/Transfer QB and we’ll be looking good.
12-07-2017 12:44 PM
Advertisement

TigersTigers Offline
Special Teams

I thought that the Robinson kid recommitted to Ms State last week? I"m I wrong?

(12-07-2017 09:58 AM)TigersRuleAll Wrote:  I think Cam Jones, Carvin, Devon Robinson are all in play. Going to be a really interesting next couple of weeks.
12-07-2017 12:59 PM
Cletus Offline
Hall of Famer

Norvell was in OK earlier recruiting JC 4-Star DE Emmit Gooden from Haywood County
12-07-2017 01:16 PM
TigersTigers Offline
Special Teams

I thought that the Robinson kid recommitted to Ms State last week? I"m I wrong?

12-07-2017 03:13 PM
tigerderek Offline
Heisman

(12-07-2017 03:13 PM)TigersTigers Wrote:  I thought that the Robinson kid recommitted to Ms State last week? I"m I wrong?

Not from what I saw
12-07-2017 03:17 PM
Advertisement

tigernole79 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kool-Aid
(10-22-2017 06:06 PM)TigersTigers Wrote:  The last 6 recruits (scholarships) left will define the final recruiting ranking. If the Tigers can get who they want of of Memphis (Cam Jones, E Gary, Kid out of Cordova and Jememiah Salaam, Devon Robinson... could be another top 60 class. Stay tuned!

Don't be shocked if there isn't a lot of movement in this class. We've already seen one decommit, I won't be shocked if there aren't others. Have to make way for some other talented players.
12-07-2017 06:41 PM
TigersTigers Offline
Special Teams

Bingo!!! Tigers in on higher level players maybe some additional decommitments.

(12-07-2017 06:41 PM)tigernole79 Wrote:  
(10-22-2017 06:06 PM)TigersTigers Wrote:  The last 6 recruits (scholarships) left will define the final recruiting ranking. If the Tigers can get who they want of of Memphis (Cam Jones, E Gary, Kid out of Cordova and Jememiah Salaam, Devon Robinson... could be another top 60 class. Stay tuned!

Don't be shocked if there isn't a lot of movement in this class. We've already seen one decommit, I won't be shocked if there aren't others. Have to make way for some other talented players.
12-08-2017 01:10 PM
mayhem Offline
2nd String

What I find interesting is that more 4-star recruits are not giving the Tigers a look. I guess recruiting can be looked at two ways -- (1) that a recruit wants a school that needs their particular skill set immediately and they see themselves as a game changer, i.e. any defensive lineman when looking at the Memphis program, or (2) that a recruit wants a school with a winning program, high visibility and an exciting brand of football, i.e. the Memphis program.

I cannot see why a football recruit would pick lousy $EC school like Arkansas, South Carolina, Kentucky, Vandy, etc. over top-line AAC school like Memphis, UCF, USF, Houston, etc. Here, this is predicated on their primary interest is in playing football and not Greek-life or becoming a neurosurgeon.
12-08-2017 03:26 PM
MemTGRS Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!

Leaving after one game in three years in Starkville.

"Bulldog Sophomore DT Devon Robinson enters transfer portal" https://247sports.com/college/mississipp...36226/Amp/
12-23-2020 11:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Stammers Offline
Legend

(12-08-2017 03:26 PM)mayhem Wrote:  What I find interesting is that more 4-star recruits are not giving the Tigers a look. I guess recruiting can be looked at two ways -- (1) that a recruit wants a school that needs their particular skill set immediately and they see themselves as a game changer, i.e. any defensive lineman when looking at the Memphis program, or (2) that a recruit wants a school with a winning program, high visibility and an exciting brand of football, i.e. the Memphis program.

I cannot see why a football recruit would pick lousy $EC school like Arkansas, South Carolina, Kentucky, Vandy, etc. over top-line AAC school like Memphis, UCF, USF, Houston, etc. Here, this is predicated on their primary interest is in playing football and not Greek-life or becoming a neurosurgeon.

A lot of these 4* guys are reclamation projects of sorts. They aren't getting playing time, or they aren't happy or they have potential issues. I'll bet a ton of them would love to transfer here, and we are turning them down.

Gunnell isn't in that category. I'm betting that he is our starter next season.
12-24-2020 09:26 AM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
Ike has very promising information coming very shortly
Getting info on Christmas eve, IKE's dedication has no limits, listen to Ike and enjoy Christmas day
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night
12-25-2020 01:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.