Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Where is Tuzar Skipper????
Bookmark and Share
IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Where is Tuzar Skipper????
He's not on latest depth chart and wasn't on sidelines yesterday. Did something happen that I'm not aware of?

Go ROCKETS ?
10-22-2017 02:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
RE: Where is Tuzar Skipper????
Out for year injured.
10-22-2017 03:08 PM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-22-2017 03:08 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Out for year injured.
Our Injury report is scary. 15 guys out for the year. Includes three OL, starting DE, back up DE, WR, TE a few freshmen lost in camp. A testament to our depth, but how far can we go?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
10-22-2017 03:41 PM
IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

Thanks for update guys !!! I guess his UT career is about over. Too bad.
10-22-2017 03:49 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

He only played in 3 games so could qualify for a medical redshirt I believe.
10-22-2017 04:02 PM
Advertisement

pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
i believe he played a couple of snaps of the 4th game which means he will qualify for an injury rs if we play 14 games, i believe. if we only play 13 (no mac champ game) he would have to seek a waiver.

atariwa will qualify for a rs based on games played, but might not be eligible because i think he already took one.

thompson won't be eligible and norwood too i think

cotterman is in a similar boat as atariwa.

regardless, next year should have a lot of depth with all the guys injured coming back and all the younger replacements getting experience, especially on the lines
10-22-2017 06:49 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
I thought this was going to be a game that I'd have to download an app for.
10-22-2017 10:02 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(10-22-2017 10:02 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  I thought this was going to be a game that I'd have to download an app for.

03-lmfao
10-23-2017 05:32 AM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(10-22-2017 06:49 PM)pono Wrote:  thompson won't be eligible and norwood too i think

Is Norwood hurt again? Didn't see him in the game on Saturday, but did not seem him go out against CMU. He should still have another 2 years of eligibility left since this is only his third year with the Rockets and he took a redshirt in one of them. He could also probably get a medical redshirt if he applied since he missed the entire year last year.

He looked to be coming on pretty well for not playing since high school in 2013 (he was unfortunately ruled ineligible to play his senior year at TCC because of his age).

Edit: just saw another thread where it says another torn ACL. He's likely done for his career.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2017 08:41 AM by MotoRocket.)
10-23-2017 08:18 AM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(10-23-2017 08:18 AM)MotoRocket Wrote:  
(10-22-2017 06:49 PM)pono Wrote:  thompson won't be eligible and norwood too i think

Is Norwood hurt again? Didn't see him in the game on Saturday, but did not seem him go out against CMU. He should still have another 2 years of eligibility left since this is only his third year with the Rockets and he took a redshirt in one of them. He could also probably get a medical redshirt if he applied since he missed the entire year last year.

He looked to be coming on pretty well for not playing since high school in 2013 (he was unfortunately ruled ineligible to play his senior year at TCC because of his age).

ACL Out for season
10-23-2017 08:19 AM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(10-23-2017 08:19 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  

ACL Out for season

Yep - that's a shame. His career is likely over.

Something just doesn't seem right about this whole scenario - assuming it is the same knee again. Perhaps he was warned of the possibility of this occurring again because of some structural issue involving his knee(s). Hopefully the UT athletic department is delving into this or knows the details of what is going on. Just have to hope he has no permanent issues with the knee(s) - which should not be the case unless other ligament and cartilage damage was also done as a result of the ACL tears. I tore my ACL halfway across and it also stretch the ligament. I never had surgery and the ACL has been fine - but the stretching of the ligament eventually resulted in significant cartilage damage and erosion because of the torqueing on the "loosened" knee - but that has been over about a 25 year period of time.
10-23-2017 09:25 AM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-23-2017 09:25 AM)MotoRocket Wrote:  

ACL Out for season

Something just doesn't seem right about this whole scenario - assuming it is the same knee again. Perhaps he was warned of the possibility of this occurring again because of some structural issue involving his knee(s). Hopefully the UT athletic department is delving into this or knows the details of what is going on. Just have to hope he has no permanent issues with the knee(s) - which should not be the case unless other ligament and cartilage damage was also done as a result of the ACL tears. I tore my ACL halfway across and it also stretch the ligament. I never had surgery and the ACL has been fine - but the stretching of the ligament eventually resulted in significant cartilage damage and erosion because of the torqueing on the "loosened" knee - but that has been over about a 25 year period of time.
Someone said in another thread that it was his "good" knee, not the one that has been replaced twice. Not sure if that is fact?

10-23-2017 10:27 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(10-23-2017 09:25 AM)MotoRocket Wrote:  

ACL Out for season

Sounds familiar.
10-23-2017 11:36 AM
Advertisement

Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Caught a little bit of the Coach's Show when I was out in the car tonight. Coach spoke like they are expecting to have Tuzar back next year.
10-23-2017 06:08 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

Game notes for this week finally state that Cotterman is out for the year. But they only call out 4 players by name - Thompson, Skipper, Atariwa and Cotterman.

As has been noted here, we have also heard Givhan, Turner, Kulon, Wilson and now Norwood. So, still not sure how we get up to 14 or 15 from these 9 as has been reported by Strack.
10-23-2017 07:20 PM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-23-2017 07:20 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Game notes for this week finally state that Cotterman is out for the year. But they only call out 4 players by name - Thompson, Skipper, Atariwa and Cotterman.

As has been noted here, we have also heard Givhan, Turner, Kulon, Wilson and now Norwood. So, still not sure how we get up to 14 or 15 from these 9 as has been reported by Strack.
I know of at least two freshmen we lost in camp.

10-23-2017 07:31 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
tv announcers said norwood tore the ACL in his good knee. another bad break for a kid who has had to overcome a lot of them. doesn't mean the career is over. he came back from 2 ACLs to one knee and was playing w aggression and speed. certainly, he knows how to rehab a knee and has overcome it before. jamal lewis the all-pro ravens rb had 2 ACLs and recovered into a star RB. it's possible.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2017 02:16 AM by pono.)
10-24-2017 02:15 AM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(10-24-2017 02:15 AM)pono Wrote:  tv announcers said norwood tore the ACL in his good knee. another bad break for a kid who has had to overcome a lot of them. doesn't mean the career is over. he came back from 2 ACLs to one knee and was playing w aggression and speed. certainly, he knows how to rehab a knee and has overcome it before. jamal lewis the all-pro ravens rb had 2 ACLs and recovered into a star RB. it's possible.

I'll bold that because I like that. Here's hoping for the young man!
10-24-2017 09:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.