Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FAU @ WKU
Bookmark and Share
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
FAU @ WKU
Might as well get this one going since it's going to be a hot topic for the week. Weather not looking good right now for the game, starting out in the low 30's and warming up to around 50 with rain. Hoping the weather will change for the better, I can deal with the temperature, but throw rain in the mix and thats some cold poop!
10-21-2017 08:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
RE: FAU @ WKU
(10-21-2017 08:05 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  Might as well get this one going since it's going to be a hot topic for the week. Weather not looking good right now for the game, starting out in the low 30's and warming up to around 50 with rain. Hoping the weather will change for the better, I can deal with the temperature, but throw rain in the mix and thats some cold poop!

40's and rain, that's the worst man.

Snow, cold...most fans can layer up. But cold and wet sucks.

That's the type of weather that usually keeps the fairweather fans home.
10-21-2017 08:15 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

I had this game pegged for a WKU win.

But a FAU win or strong showing won't surprise me now.

So I'll hold on a prediction.

The CUSA East division just got real!
10-21-2017 08:17 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

Bad weather hurts WKU more.
10-21-2017 09:12 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I hope our run defense watched FAU closely today....If we dont get Saynor back we will get torched by FAU RBs and may well still get torched even if he is back for this game.....Their running game is ODU times two...No offense to ODU, but this Singletary kid will be playing on Sundays here soon, he will kill us.....I hope our DC White makes some adjustments and has a game plan together that forces FAU's QB's to beat us through the air and no the ground....If we only play 2 LB's against this team Saturday, FAU may rack up 400+ yards on the ground.....I do not having a good feeling about this one with Joey Freshwater coming to town....For folks in BG with college aged daughters please lecture them now before Lane gets to town Friday....
10-21-2017 09:14 PM
goliath74 Offline

I Root For: FAU, FSU
You can not look at one week's performance and predict next week's results. you just can't.
10-21-2017 09:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

(10-21-2017 09:58 PM)goliath74 Wrote:  You can not look at one week's performance and predict next week's results. you just can't.

No but you guys have been killing people on the ground last 3 weeks which is a trend at this point and not a one hit wonder! RIght now that is our biggest weakness is giving up huge plays on the ground which bodes well for FAU....Now offensively I think we can score against you guys but our run defense has been awful last two weeks...
10-21-2017 10:01 PM
goliath74 Offline

I Root For: FAU, FSU
(10-21-2017 10:01 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  
(10-21-2017 09:58 PM)goliath74 Wrote:  You can not look at one week's performance and predict next week's results. you just can't.

No but you guys have been killing people on the ground last 3 weeks which is a trend at this point and not a one hit wonder! RIght now that is our biggest weakness is giving up huge plays on the ground which bodes well for FAU....Now offensively I think we can score against you guys but our run defense has been awful last two weeks...

Yes, if you look at trends and build expectations based on stats, then, yes, you got it right on the nose. We will rely on running attack to overwhelm your D but our D will give up some major points, too.
10-21-2017 10:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(10-21-2017 10:01 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  

And the fkn pace...unreal. Not at a medium pace... lol.. warp speed
10-21-2017 10:48 PM
LouisvilleHilltopper Offline
Special Teams

I’ll be there and it’s going to be a fun game (I hope!). Weather is iffy depending on which forecast service you look at. Just too early to know right now.

Also, hearing rumors from several sources that this might be the Cage the Elephant concert game. If it’s not this weekend, then it won’t happen because they’ll be in Mexico City for the only other remaining home game.
10-21-2017 10:53 PM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
Ive never forgiven WKU for killing us when we opened our stadium in 2011. The crowd was large and excitement for FINALLY having a home was palpable. Then we 01-rivals the bed and WKU crushed us.

This running game that we have is crazy good. Motor (Singletary) and Buddy (Howell) are our version of lighting and thunder. The Oline has played all 7 games together and are opening holes and getting protection for Driskell.

This is a HUGE game for both programs.
10-22-2017 06:11 AM
Advertisement

wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

Chilly day in Bowling Green , hope the FAU players are froze solid 04-cheers
10-28-2017 12:17 PM
Franko Offline
1st String

(10-28-2017 12:17 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  Chilly day in Bowling Green , hope the FAU players are froze solid 04-cheers
The colder weather has a grip across a big chunk of the country, noticed that Houston was the warmest venue for CUSA games today at a balmy 54 degrees.
10-28-2017 12:24 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(10-28-2017 12:24 PM)Franko Wrote:  
(10-28-2017 12:17 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  Chilly day in Bowling Green , hope the FAU players are froze solid 04-cheers
The colder weather has a grip across a big chunk of the country, noticed that Houston was the warmest venue for CUSA games today at a balmy 54 degrees.

I was just looking at that myself, cold at 80% of today's games
10-28-2017 12:50 PM
Franko Offline
1st String

I honestly don't know what to expect today, I am pretty confident that this WKU team is just not that good anyway you slice it and with the guys out on defense it makes it only worse.
They have to be the worst 5 win team in America at the FBS level. Illinois is just awful and that is a loss, Ball State was just destroyed by Toledo and Logan Woodside just needed 8 completions for 267 yards. In CUSA Charlotte, UTEP and ODU have 3 wins combined and even LaTech is no where near where they are normally.
We could get run over by FAU and that would just make it a reality that it is time to look ahead to next fall. We could end up with 6 wins and be bowl eligible but it sure don't feel like 2015 or 16 by a long shot. Trying to stay optimistic but not a lot to feel confident about.
10-28-2017 01:07 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(10-28-2017 01:07 PM)Franko Wrote:  I honestly don't know what to expect today, I am pretty confident that this WKU team is just not that good anyway you slice it and with the guys out on defense it makes it only worse.
They have to be the worst 5 win team in America at the FBS level. Illinois is just awful and that is a loss, Ball State was just destroyed by Toledo and Logan Woodside just needed 8 completions for 267 yards. In CUSA Charlotte, UTEP and ODU have 3 wins combined and even LaTech is no where near where they are normally.
We could get run over by FAU and that would just make it a reality that it is time to look ahead to next fall. We could end up with 6 wins and be bowl eligible but it sure don't feel like 2015 or 16 by a long shot. Trying to stay optimistic but not a lot to feel confident about.

Damn Franko. Just when I was trying to top my glass up to half full you hit me with this.

We’ve looked pretty mediocre against some of the worst teams in the conference. Now we’re facing what may be one of the best going on recent performances.

I think if our staff would hand the ball to Mike White we have a chance. We could use short passing to sure handed receivers as a run game and control clock that way. As much as I don’t like the 4-2-5 it has had some good stretches in the 4th quarters of games. I see us having a chance. But if we come out conservative like we did against Illinois then I see us down big at halftime. Down really big.

I just walked outside and it’s colder than a witch’s tatas. Ima dress warm for it and hope for the best.
10-28-2017 01:31 PM
Advertisement

Theflash Online
1st String

(10-28-2017 01:31 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(10-28-2017 01:07 PM)Franko Wrote:  I honestly don't know what to expect today, I am pretty confident that this WKU team is just not that good anyway you slice it and with the guys out on defense it makes it only worse.

Damn Franko. Just when I was trying to top my glass up to half full you hit me with this.

We’ve looked pretty mediocre against some of the worst teams in the conference. Now we’re facing what may be one of the best going on recent performances.

I think if our staff would hand the ball to Mike White we have a chance. We could use short passing to sure handed receivers as a run game and control clock that way. As much as I don’t like the 4-2-5 it has had some good stretches in the 4th quarters of games. I see us having a chance. But if we come out conservative like we did against Illinois then I see us down big at halftime. Down really big.

I just walked outside and it’s colder than a witch’s tatas. Ima dress warm for it and hope for the best.

You are giving us a chance Beed? Who’s stolen your password dude?
10-28-2017 01:34 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(10-28-2017 01:34 PM)Theflash Wrote:  
(10-28-2017 01:31 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  

You are giving us a chance Beed? Who’s stolen your password dude?

I’m honestly a glass half full guy. But I’m also a realist.

We are not that out-talented by FAU and that’s no knock on them. Most of the teams in our conference are similar just on talent level. So that means we should have a chance. But as Guns says....”coaching matters”.

I don’t believe Sanford is stupid by any means. He has a system he wants to run that he is sure will bring success. He saw that system look like shittt the first 5 games. As they opened up the offense against Charlotte and somewhat against ODU I’d hope he’s recognized his best chance to win this year is to use Mike White up to his capabilities.

But the realist in me could see us losing out to finish the year at 5-7. It’s up to the guy getting paid 800k as a 35 year old.
10-28-2017 01:53 PM
ODU1986 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Old Dominion
FAU @ WKU
Any way to watch this game tonight? I’m in Norfolk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-28-2017 02:59 PM
ODU1986 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Old Dominion
FAU @ WKU
Never mind, looks like it’s on Stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-28-2017 03:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.