UT men's basketball adds charity exhibition game with Findlay
10-20-2017 11:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cnyrocketfan Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
RE: UT men's basketball adds charity exhibition game with Findlay
Looks like we might be able to watch tomorrow's game, thanks to Findlay's website. Though I guess we won't know for sure until around game time.

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/findlay/
10-23-2017 06:27 AM
cnyrocketfan Offline
Legend

(10-23-2017 06:27 AM)cnyrocketfan Wrote:  Looks like we might be able to watch tomorrow's game, thanks to Findlay's website. Though I guess we won't know for sure until around game time.

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/findlay/

A couple of days ago Toledo's game with Findlay was listed at the link I posted; it's not there now. So apparently no video (at least that's how it looks to me). But still might have audio and live stats.

http://athletics.findlay.edu/sports/mbkb...8/schedule
10-24-2017 04:13 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Rockets down 10-18 with 13 minutes left in the first half.
10-24-2017 07:17 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

Rockets trail 23-37 with 7 minutes left in the first half

Sanford leads with 7 points. Fletcher with 5. Jackson/Rose with 3.
10-24-2017 07:31 PM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

What level is Findlay?
10-24-2017 07:52 PM
Advertisement

emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-24-2017 07:52 PM)adunifon Wrote:  What level is Findlay?
D2, But they are ranked this year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
10-24-2017 07:53 PM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Picked to win conf. And went to sweet 16 last year with a lot of returnees this year.

http://athletics.findlay.edu/sports/mbkb...1017hnw9x8

10-24-2017 07:57 PM
BigBigRocketFan Offline
Special Teams

Findlay wins by 3.
10-24-2017 09:05 PM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
No help from the bench.

10-24-2017 09:16 PM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Very disappointing even if it was an exhibition.

I think we need to be concerned about the only two true bigs on the roster, Knapke and Adway. They each had one basket playing a decent chunk of minutes, and this is their third year on the roster. They showed last season that they couldn't score, and it looks like things haven't changed much even against a DII "power" who lost last season to Fairmont State, Lake Superior State, Hillsdale and Ashland among others. Kowalcyk needs to learn how to motivate his team or it's going to be a long season.
10-25-2017 02:35 AM
Advertisement

pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
well, it was an exhibition game. and an atypical one at that. usually, exhibition games involve traveling teams, or lower division opponents at home. rarely, does a D1 program go on the road for an exhibition. Coach K deserves real credit for bringing the big boys to town against a very good D2 team in Findlay. I too had a few close losses on road trips to Findlay during my teenage years, although more often girls than games.

this will help us. humbles the team a bit. made them play in a loud road environment before their first real road game (in the carrier dome). findlay was very efficient in the box score. everyone contributed. they had a kid play 12 minutes and score 12 points on 5 shots. they had a kid who played 23 minutes had 4 assists 4 rebounds made all 4 of his shots and had 0 turnovers. they had a guy make 6 threes on 11 attempts. sanford and fletcher played well together. that's a key having those guys running the show playing well. m jackson was one of our more efficient players, had 12 points with only 3 missed shots, 5 assists, 5 boards, 3 steals, only 2 turnovers. logan hill didn't play (RS?), walk-on Vicpatrick Harris played 1 minute. W Jackson is not eligible under mid-Dec. Alderson only played 7 minutes and other than 2 free throws wasn't in the box score. Rose got 9 minutes and had 2 steals. roberts played 8 but had 2 turnovers, no points and a foul, Knapke had 4 fouls in 21 minutes and only took 2 shots (did lead the team in FTAs w 7). Our starters were 19-21 from the line. nobody off the bench, including knapke, made more than 1 shot. in the post game comments coach k sounded grateful for the teaching moment. it's about being ready for st joes on nov 11. and those trips to kansas and syracuse.
10-25-2017 03:49 AM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

Another season of great defense ahead again I see!!!!!!!
10-25-2017 05:10 AM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
Exhibition or not, on the road or not, that was still disappointing. Not so much the score, but rather the story behind it.

Defense was a problem—no surprise there. As they say, expecting that to change now is the definition of insanity. Four guys playing 30+ minutes—IN AN EXHIBITION GAME—either shows we have little talent on the bench or that Coach K is already in “season” mode and, like the past couple seasons, will burn this team out by March due to not spreading minutes around more (my guess is he basically goes 7 deep when Willie Jackson becomes eligible). And, tired legs doesn’t help the D very much either. Knapke had foul trouble last season and did again last night. When he was on the court, he didn’t create much of a low post presence. I guess I’m in the minority here but I believe the lack of an effective big, let alone another one to come off the bench when he gets into foul trouble, is going to cost us more than a few games.

Maybe a couple guys were ill or injured and it affected their playing time last night, or maybe a couple will surprise off the bench come MAC play, and maybe Willie Jackson bursts on the scene as an all-MAC kind of guy...but at the moment I don’t see us beating WMU, EMU or Ball State, so we’ll be fighting it out with NIU and CMU in the bottom half of the Division.
10-25-2017 05:31 AM
cnyrocketfan Offline
Legend

Here's a link to the game story on the UT site -

http://www.utrockets.com/news/2017/10/24...ath=mbball
10-25-2017 05:45 AM
RocketBBallFan Offline
1st String

In 2013-2014, when they won the regular season title, they beat Hillsdale at the buzzer in overtime in their exhibition game. Playing a close game in the exhibition game does not mean they are going to have a bad season.
10-25-2017 06:18 AM
Advertisement

FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
Things should be heating up for K if the Rockets are a sub-par team this season ... Getting shut out in the spring recruiting did not help for future opportunities to get to the NCAA tourney...
15 years and counting ... 03-banghead
10-25-2017 06:31 AM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(10-25-2017 06:18 AM)RocketBBallFan Wrote:  In 2013-2014, when they won the regular season title, they beat Hillsdale at the buzzer in overtime in their exhibition game. Playing a close game in the exhibition game does not mean they are going to have a bad season.

Didn’t we have a couple tough games against Hillsdale?

As I said, my point isn’t that we lost to Findlay—it was more that we didn’t look all that great in doing so (although the stretch in the second half to actually take the brief lead was good to see). We have a few players who are as good as any in the MAC at their positions (at least offensively). At the moment, I’m concerned that we don’t have 8-9 guys who will make solid contributions, and am particularly concerned about the low post. After the trip overseas, I anticipated seeing a team that already had game experience and I guess I was over-reaching there. In the end, it will be about where this team is come MAC tournament time, and maybe they’ll gel by then.
10-25-2017 06:35 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Not worried at all about this game. As I posted elsewhere, an OSU team that made the Final Four several years ago got beat by Findlay at OSU. The Hillsdale game is another example of how little these games mean. Knapke and Adway both showed flashes of skill last year and Knapke had some big games. We won't be good good but we won't be terrible. Sound familiar?
10-25-2017 06:39 AM
SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
(10-25-2017 05:45 AM)cnyrocketfan Wrote:  Here's a link to the game story on the UT site -

http://www.utrockets.com/news/2017/10/24...ath=mbball

From the Toledo Blade.
http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/848..._id=878183
10-25-2017 06:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.