Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

On the Greenwave Forum
Observer Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:

(GreenMenace wrote:

Soph, I wonder how Dunn will feel a year from now after playing in the Dome when its empty. )

"It's our job to make sure that he feels good about playing in the Dome.

A good facility that is a quarter full is better than a poor facility that is three quarters full."

Sorry Menace, I will have to agree with Soph on this one. The only thing the dome lacks is a vocal Tulane crowd. Winning would change that. I'm sure you remember the wild times in the dome when McKay was the QB? Although I like the idea of Tulane having their own stadium, and the advantages it brings (parking, concessions, field markings, etc.) a return to crowds of 46,000 or more in the dome is what we should be striving for.
12-16-2004 01:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Observer Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:

I should also say that if a new facility were to be erected on the LaSalle tract, I would tend to favor that location. Goodbye Saints. Hello finest facilities in college football.
12-16-2004 01:43 PM
Home of the Wave Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Observer Wrote:a return to crowds of 46,000 or more in the dome is what we should be striving for.
First, I like the dome too, full or empty. It's a great facility.

Secondly, the guy probably knows exactly what our attendance is like, but wants to come here anyway. There are alot more reasons to go to a school than just how many people go to the football games.

Thirdly, the dome has somehow been made a villian to some Tulane fans. They think a new stadium will cure some of the ills of the program, most notably attendance and revenue. But will that in fact be the case? I don't know. I'm skeptical.

Lastly, you're absolutely right about attendance. Winning is the more obvious answer. A new stadium is Tulane fans' version of coulda, woulda, shoulda. If we only had our own stadium...

By the way, where exactly are you talking about on the Lasalle tract? On Airline between the Saints facility and Zephyr Stadium?

Also, do you honestly believe that 1) The Saints are really going to leave, and 2) The state would give (or sell) the Saints facility to Tulane if the Saints did in fact leave? And that Tulane would spend whatever it would cost to buy it? You know that the state wouldn't make any special deal for Tulane.
12-16-2004 05:27 PM
Advertisement

Observer Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:

Home of the Wave Wrote:.

By the way, where exactly are you talking about on the Lasalle tract? On Airline between the Saints facility and Zephyr Stadium?

Correct.

Also, do you honestly believe that 1) The Saints are really going to leave,

Yes! Absolutely!

2) The state would give (or sell) the Saints facility to Tulane if the Saints did in fact leave?

Lease the facility to Tulane.

And that Tulane would spend whatever it would cost to buy it?

No need to buy. Tulane would be doing the state and parish a favor by leasing it.

You know that the state wouldn't make any special deal for Tulane.

I disagree.
12-17-2004 02:31 AM
Home of the Wave Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Observer Wrote:You know that the state wouldn't make any special deal for Tulane.

I disagree.
Well, you could be right. After all, in your scenario (i.e. no Saints), who else would need it?

I wonder what the operating costs are for it. I assume that the practice facility is air conditioned. It must carry one heck of an electric bill.
12-17-2004 12:30 PM
GreenMenace Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

It's also heated, but heating/air conditioning are the costs of doing business. Any cost associated with a first class facility are negligable, IMHO.
12-17-2004 12:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.