Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Scott Satterfield on ESPN Upstate 10/18 @ 5:35pm.
Bookmark and Share
APPdiesel Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
Scott Satterfield on ESPN Upstate 10/18 @ 5:35pm.
Just had a great 10 minute chat with Coach. We'll air it at 5:35 on ESPN Upstate in Greenville/Spartanburg, SC. If you're local we're 97.7 in Greenville 97.1 in Spartanburg. Online at espnupstate.com or on the ESPN Upstate app. It'll also be available for podcasting around 7:30 at espnupstate.com.

We asked him some fun personal questions about his days working as a snow maker at Appalachian Ski Mountain. We talked about Shaedon Meadors and what might be in his future as far as sticking around next year after graduating, getting four quarters of consistency out of his team, what's keeping him in Boone when his name is definitely being brought up for bigger gigs, and we asked what the scariest thing about his team is right now.

Thanks everyone if you're able to listen.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
10-18-2017 02:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CoachWillRob Offline
Special Teams

RE: Scott Satterfield on ESPN Upstate 10/18 @ 5:35pm.
(10-18-2017 02:47 PM)APPdiesel Wrote:  Just had a great 10 minute chat with Coach. We'll air it at 5:35 on ESPN Upstate in Greenville/Spartanburg, SC. If you're local we're 97.7 in Greenville 97.1 in Spartanburg. Online at espnupstate.com or on the ESPN Upstate app. It'll also be available for podcasting around 7:30 at espnupstate.com.

We asked him some fun personal questions about his days working as a snow maker at Appalachian Ski Mountain. We talked about Shaedon Meadors and what might be in his future as far as sticking around next year after graduating, getting four quarters of consistency out of his team, what's keeping him in Boone when his name is definitely being brought up for bigger gigs, and we asked what the scariest thing about his team is right now.

I've kinda heard some rumblings about Meadors and his future too ... kinda curious as to what coach Sat shared with the media.
10-18-2017 08:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FlatIron Offline
Water Engineer

10-18-2017 08:30 PM
trapdrawApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
(10-18-2017 08:16 PM)CoachWillRob Wrote:  
(10-18-2017 02:47 PM)APPdiesel Wrote:  Just had a great 10 minute chat with Coach. We'll air it at 5:35 on ESPN Upstate in Greenville/Spartanburg, SC. If you're local we're 97.7 in Greenville 97.1 in Spartanburg. Online at espnupstate.com or on the ESPN Upstate app. It'll also be available for podcasting around 7:30 at espnupstate.com.

I've kinda heard some rumblings about Meadors and his future too ... kinda curious as to what coach Sat shared with the media.

Only that has soon as one hamstring was healing (was probably ready to go at UGA) he pulled the other one.03-banghead That was all.
10-19-2017 07:14 AM
Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

It's great that there is sufficient out of state interest in App enough to have discussion on local radio there, especially in a place where it's almost all Clemson and S. Carolina all the time.

BTW, questions for App Diesel: how did Furman fans in the area react to App & GS's moves to FBS? What the heck happened to Furman's attendance? When I grew up in Greenville, they would completely or nearly sell out. Now they struggle to get 2,000 to 3,000. It's kind of sad to see.
10-19-2017 07:40 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
(10-19-2017 07:40 AM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  It's great that there is sufficient out of state interest in App enough to have discussion on local radio there, especially in a place where it's almost all Clemson and S. Carolina all the time.

BTW, questions for App Diesel: how did Furman fans in the area react to App & GS's moves to FBS? What the heck happened to Furman's attendance? When I grew up in Greenville, they would completely or nearly sell out. Now they struggle to get 2,000 to 3,000. It's kind of sad to see.

One playoff appearance (I think) in the last decade. That'll kill anyone's attendance for a team that used to make the playoffs frequently.
10-19-2017 08:07 AM
Advertisement

CoachWillRob Offline
Special Teams

(10-19-2017 07:14 AM)trapdrawApp Wrote:  
(10-18-2017 08:16 PM)CoachWillRob Wrote:  

Only that has soon as one hamstring was healing (was probably ready to go at UGA) he pulled the other one.03-banghead That was all.

Yep, not what I was expecting. Probably won't hear anything more till off season.
10-19-2017 09:00 AM
APPdiesel Offline
All American

Haha, Satterfield is a master of coach speak. Says a lot without divulging much. 'Michael In Raleigh' the push to talk about App comes 100% from me. It's a sea of orange and garnet here but I interject my own fandome in where I can. I also know not to force it.

I wish I'd known to ask Satterfield about Upshaw. He's evidently out for the rest of the season after undergoing tricep surgery. That news broke about 2 hours before we talked so I hadn't seen it.

That's a great question about Furman. Their attendance for football is pathetic but basketball crowds were great last season. We'll see if they can sustain their success under a new coach. They have a fantastic athletic director, former New York Yankee Mike Buddie. He's doing some great things there. Wofford is the football power right now. #5 in the FCS polls. Sad and kinda pathetic when a tiny private school is destroying teams like UT Chattanooga with a bigger budget and some arguable recruiting advantages (at least they only have 1 major college program in the state hovering over them).

Furman started 0-3 and has won 4 straight. They have a legit shot at the playoffs this year under a 1st year head coach Clay Hendricks out of Air Force. If he sustains this momentum for a couple years (and in the weakened SOCON that shouldn't be too hard) the Paladins ought to see a resurgence in fan support. If I wasn't coming to Boone this weekend for the Coastal game I'd probably go to Furman's game just for toots and giggles.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2017 09:43 AM by APPdiesel.)
10-19-2017 09:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

I think it's a high probability we don't see Meadors in a Mountaineer uniform again. The guy's had nothing but health problems since arriving on campus and can't seem to shake the nagging injuries that's kept him sidelined the better part of the past two years. I also hear he's on track to graduate in December. Just kinda adding 2 & 2 together. Sometimes it's just better to move on with your life. Guess we'll know in December if he signs up for Spring classes.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2017 07:45 PM by AppManDG.)
10-19-2017 07:44 PM
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

In case some of you missed it Terrance Upshaw's career is over. Torn triceps.
10-19-2017 08:08 PM
SpeedkingATL Offline
Special Teams

(10-19-2017 07:44 PM)AppManDG Wrote:  I think it's a high probability we don't see Meadors in a Mountaineer uniform again. The guy's had nothing but health problems since arriving on campus and can't seem to shake the nagging injuries that's kept him sidelined the better part of the past two years. I also hear he's on track to graduate in December. Just kinda adding 2 & 2 together. Sometimes it's just better to move on with your life. Guess we'll know in December if he signs up for Spring classes.

I don't really see any huge advantage to him transferring unless he can get on as a grad transfer at a good P5 program AND get on the field. He can be on IR at either place if he can't stay healthy and hamstrings can be awful for WR's. He would get playing time at App next year.
10-20-2017 08:47 AM
Advertisement

AppManDG Offline
Heisman

Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/asu/app...e6f16.html

Sent from my XT1635-01 using CSNbbs mobile app
10-24-2017 07:56 PM
APPdiesel Offline
All American

(10-24-2017 07:56 PM)AppManDG Wrote:  Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

Yep. Figured it would happen. Can't get too attached to idividual players. I always hoped Meadors would be great for us but he hasn't (for a variety of reasons). I feel about Meadors the same as I always felt about Malachi...could've been great but never quite got there.

10-25-2017 11:12 AM
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

(10-25-2017 11:12 AM)APPdiesel Wrote:  
(10-24-2017 07:56 PM)AppManDG Wrote:  Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

Yep. Figured it would happen. Can't get too attached to idividual players. I always hoped Meadors would be great for us but he hasn't (for a variety of reasons). I feel about Meadors the same as I always felt about Malachi...could've been great but never quite got there.

The sky above Boone isn't big enough to contain Meadors' ego.

10-25-2017 04:32 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
I hate that this stuff happens. I wonder how many academic advisors have been asked to slow play . . .
10-25-2017 05:19 PM
BurlingtonApp Offline
1st String

Let's not be fans that insult college kids when they make a decision we disagree with. Shaedon has never gotten into any sort of trouble that I can remember and has been a good student as well. I hope he does well in his year left of eligibility, wherever it may be.
10-25-2017 05:29 PM
Advertisement

trapdrawApp Offline
1st String

(10-25-2017 05:29 PM)BurlingtonApp Wrote:  Let's not be fans that insult college kids when they make a decision we disagree with. Shaedon has never gotten into any sort of trouble that I can remember and has been a good student as well. I hope he does well in his year left of eligibility, wherever it may be.

Amen!
10-25-2017 05:36 PM
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

(10-25-2017 05:29 PM)BurlingtonApp Wrote:  Let's not be fans that insult college kids when they make a decision we disagree with. Shaedon has never gotten into any sort of trouble that I can remember and has been a good student as well. I hope he does well in his year left of eligibility, wherever it may be.

I don't disagree with his decision. I think it's the best thing for him and App. It's no secret he hasn't been all in since coming to APP. Shaedon demanded to have his redshirt taken off half way through his freshman year under the threat of transfer. I had an interesting conversation with his Dad in Norfolk a couple of years ago and it was pretty obvious he thought App was lucky to have him. Hope it works out for him, but at then end of the day we won'r miss him.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2017 06:07 PM by AppManDG.)
10-25-2017 05:44 PM
trapdrawApp Offline
1st String

Lol, like it makes a difference if you’re just repeating it.
10-25-2017 06:05 PM
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

(10-25-2017 06:05 PM)trapdrawApp Wrote:  Lol, like it makes a difference if you’re just repeating it.

If you only knew...
10-25-2017 06:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.