Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Scouting report on your team
Moody Magic Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SMU
Scouting report on your team
I got the chance to watch SMU practice last week and I have better feel for our freshmen, and what our rotation will likely be. Whitt will move to PG and Shake will play off the ball which should free him up to be the primary scorer. Our starting five will likely be Whitt, Milton, Emelogu, Foster and Agau. All four freshmen should be in the regular rotation - Everett Ray, William Douglas, Elijah Landrum and Ethan Chargois.

Of the freshmen, Ray is the most ready for major college b-ball. He is the son of former Bulls and Warriors forward Clifford Ray, and he got his dad’s ability to rebound the ball. He had 17 boards in one of our exhibition games in Canada. McMurray will be eligible mid-December and he will be a big weapon for us off the bench. I can’t imagine there will be a more capable scorer in the AAC coming off the bench. I really wish Mike was eligible this season because he is better than I thought, and I thought he was really good before. He will be a huge factor next season.

These guys are going to have to come together quickly because we have a few cupcakes at Moody before Atlantis (Arizona & Villanova), USC and TCU. Only few weeks away.....
10-16-2017 02:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

I Root For: Wichita State
RE: Scouting report on your team
(10-16-2017 02:34 PM)Moody Magic Wrote:  I got the chance to watch SMU practice last week and I have better feel for our freshmen, and what our rotation will likely be. Whitt will move to PG and Shake will play off the ball which should free him up to be the primary scorer. Our starting five will likely be Whitt, Milton, Emelogu, Foster and Agau. All four freshmen should be in the regular rotation - Everett Ray, William Douglas, Elijah Landrum and Ethan Chargois.

Of the freshmen, Ray is the most ready for major college b-ball. He is the son of former Bulls and Warriors forward Clifford Ray, and he got his dad’s ability to rebound the ball. He had 17 boards in one of our exhibition games in Canada. McMurray will be eligible mid-December and he will be a big weapon for us off the bench. I can’t imagine there will be a more capable scorer in the AAC coming off the bench. I really wish Mike was eligible this season because he is better than I thought, and I thought he was really good before. He will be a huge factor next season.

These guys are going to have to come together quickly because we have a few cupcakes at Moody before Atlantis (Arizona & Villanova), USC and TCU. Only few weeks away.....

You got all of this from watching a single practice? Impressive!

T

...03-cool
10-16-2017 02:56 PM
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
Tulsa's probable lineup:

Taplin: Had a good season last year, but we will be looking for him to be more aggressive shooting the ball. He's also going to have more offensive weapons to dish to so that will help.
Scott: He's a newcomer that has a chance to be the best shooter that Tulsa has had in 15+ years. He can drive and has a pull up as well. Might have to hide him on defense though.
Jeffries: Another newcomer that will be the prototypical slashing wing. He's great on defense, and he shoots high percentages from the field and from 3. Could be the newcomer of the year for the AAC.
Etou: Looks like he's going to be more focused this year. He'll scrap for rebounds and be a great driving stretch-4 for Tulsa. Pretty much a known quantity, but the added offensive help should allow him to do a bit more.
Igbanu: Was a quality rotation guy down the stretch last season. He's undersized for a 5, but he's very strong and athletic. Probably the best post footwork on the team. Needs to stay out of foul trouble.

Joiner: Incoming freshman. Did a good job in our open scrimmage of guarding Taplin, and he has a knack for playmaking. He'll play right away and let Taplin rest a bit which was a weak spot for TU last season.
Wheeler: A decent rotation SG, he'll see playing time but he might be eclipsed by some other guys.
Henderson: Sort of like Wheeler, except more of a deep threat while a worse defender.
Korita: He'll be trying to break back into the rotation at SF. Not sure where he fits in, but he's intelligent and sees the court well.
Jackson: An incoming freshman. I'm guessing he might RS with the amount of guard depth we'll have.
Artison: 6-9 wing who saw a little playing time last season after an injury. He'll be asked to guard the paint a lot more often this season. On offense he's versatile but unpolished.
10-16-2017 02:59 PM
Moody Magic Offline
Special Teams

(10-16-2017 02:56 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  
(10-16-2017 02:34 PM)Moody Magic Wrote:  I got the chance to watch SMU practice last week and I have better feel for our freshmen, and what our rotation will likely be. Whitt will move to PG and Shake will play off the ball which should free him up to be the primary scorer. Our starting five will likely be Whitt, Milton, Emelogu, Foster and Agau. All four freshmen should be in the regular rotation - Everett Ray, William Douglas, Elijah Landrum and Ethan Chargois.

T

...03-cool

Well, I have seen all of our players on multiple occasions except for the four freshmen, of which I only described one. I did see enough to know their skill level will enable them to contribute this season since we only have 11 scholarship players. So, yeah I got all that from one practice.
10-16-2017 03:13 PM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
We have players....i think.
10-16-2017 03:47 PM
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

Ray reminds me of a slightly shorter Martins Igbanu. He's got physicality to him and good footwork. I think he's a bit slower of footspeed, but he's a better passer than Igbanu.

Seems to me like Tulsa and SMU will be playing similar styles this year. 4 out 1 in, and even 5 out at times. Neither of us have much inside depth.
10-16-2017 03:51 PM
Advertisement

Moody Magic Offline
Special Teams

(10-16-2017 03:51 PM)invisiblehand Wrote:  

Ray reminds me of a slightly shorter Martins Igbanu. He's got physicality to him and good footwork. I think he's a bit slower of footspeed, but he's a better passer than Igbanu.

Seems to me like Tulsa and SMU will be playing similar styles this year. 4 out 1 in, and even 5 out at times. Neither of us have much inside depth.

I was actually surprised by how well Ray moves and covers the floor. His motor never stops.
10-16-2017 04:17 PM
Wudizzle Offline
1st String

(10-16-2017 03:13 PM)Moody Magic Wrote:  

T

...03-cool

Well, I have seen all of our players on multiple occasions except for the four freshmen, of which I only described one. I did see enough to know their skill level will enable them to contribute this season since we only have 11 scholarship players. So, yeah I got all that from one practice.

I appreciate the reports. Always hungry for basketball news. Especially being new to the league, I have a lot of catching up to do on rosters. I happen to be a fan of Co|d's, but you'll probably have an opportunity to throw that video back at him after our season kickoff event on Wednesday.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017 04:24 PM by Wudizzle.)
10-16-2017 04:22 PM
M1T4 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
Our players are really big and tall
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017 04:36 PM by M1T4.)
10-16-2017 04:36 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
Better than 11 other AAC teams.
10-16-2017 04:43 PM
Moody Magic Offline
Special Teams

(10-16-2017 04:22 PM)Wudizzle Wrote:  

T

...03-cool

I appreciate the reports. Always hungry for basketball news. Especially being new to the league, I have a lot of catching up to do on rosters. I happen to be a fan of Co|d's, but you'll probably have an opportunity to throw that video back at him after our season kickoff event on Wednesday.

I was wondering when your event takes place. I look forward to hearing how your guys look.

As for the AI practice rant it was always cool to be at an event with LB when he would take questions and he would ALWAYS get asked about AI. He would get a smile on his face and talk about how he loved AI like a son. It was a rocky relationship but in the end they respect each other greatly.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017 04:48 PM by Moody Magic.)
10-16-2017 04:47 PM
Advertisement

invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

(10-16-2017 04:17 PM)Moody Magic Wrote:  
(10-16-2017 03:51 PM)invisiblehand Wrote:  

I was actually surprised by how well Ray moves and covers the floor. His motor never stops.

I agree, from the video I saw, it just looked like there would be guys able to keep in front of him on drives at the D-1 level. It's when he gets into his post move footwork that he really shines. I'm not saying he doesn't play with a consistent pace.
10-16-2017 04:47 PM
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

T

...03-cool

That post coming from me after all my year's of sweat-laden summer scrimmage reports has to be the epitome of irony no? I gotta sacrifice myself from time to time so the herd can eat. It's only fair.

T

...03-cool
10-16-2017 05:00 PM
TU4ever Offline
All American

(10-16-2017 05:00 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  

T

...03-cool

That post coming from me after all my year's of sweat-laden summer scrimmage reports has to be the epitome of irony no? I gotta sacrifice myself from time to time so the herd can eat. It's only fair.

T

...03-cool

You're a kind soul, unfortunately you're also a socialist. . .
10-16-2017 06:34 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
UC

Nastiest defense in the conference...like always
Speed and scoring at pg
Devastating front court
Wings that slash to the rim or hit three's
Deep bench
Athletic/length

in short...you all are in for a world of pain
10-16-2017 06:37 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(10-16-2017 06:37 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  UC

Speed and scoring at pg
Devastating front court
Deep bench
Athletic/length

Well, it should be uplifting to watch you finally say something positive about one of your teams.
10-16-2017 09:10 PM
Advertisement

Hurricane Drummer Offline
All American

Speed and scoring at pg
Devastating front court
Deep bench
Athletic/length

But you'll still drop a couple to some of us in the bottom half of the league 03-wink
10-16-2017 09:36 PM
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

Speed and scoring at pg
Devastating front court
Deep bench
Athletic/length

[Image: 200.webp#3-grid1]

T

...03-cool
10-16-2017 10:19 PM
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

(10-16-2017 06:34 PM)TU4ever Wrote:  
(10-16-2017 05:00 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  
(10-16-2017 02:56 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  You got all of this from watching a single practice? Impressive!

T

...03-cool

T

...03-cool

You're a kind soul, unfortunately you're also a socialist. . .

I guess I am when it comes to message boards. Touche'!

Trust me when I say this... you don't want C0|db|00ded to test the market to see what it will bear.

T

...03-cool
10-16-2017 10:25 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(10-16-2017 09:10 PM)TripleA Wrote:  

Speed and scoring at pg
Devastating front court
Deep bench
Athletic/length

Well, it should be uplifting to watch you finally say something positive about one of your teams.

hey now... i've got a reputation to a uphold, let's not get carried away
10-18-2017 08:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.