Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pretty nice Company in the Sagarins.
Bookmark and Share
Dukester Offline

I Root For: JMU
Of Note we are 2nd in 1AA to NDSU by about a TD. Also their conference is again by far the best in 1AA. The CAA is arguable the 2nd best 1AA conference but not by a lot.

61 Syracuse
62 Mississippi
63 Kentucky
64 Pittsburgh
65 Tennessee
66 James Madison
67 Western Michigan
68 Maryland
69 North Carolina
70 SMU

Imagine if we had the additional scholarships that our Sag 60's neighbors had.

We could be a top 50 program that occasionally is ranked. Who knows what league options that would set us up for.....
10-15-2017 07:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dukester Offline

RE: Pretty nice Company in the Sagarins.
Another interesting tid-bit

JMU is ranked higher than all the schools in the SunBelt, CUSA, and all but one in the MAC.

Houston 01-ncaabbs
10-15-2017 07:26 PM
Dukester Offline

Another thing to make you smile.

13 consecutive wins by at least double digits.
10-15-2017 07:37 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-15-2017 07:37 PM)Dukester Wrote:  Another thing to make you smile.

That's pretty amazing. I'm confident the guys will make it 14 this upcoming Saturday. The defense remains thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to pitching that shutout. Great opportunity for it at Billy & His Baby Mama.
10-15-2017 07:48 PM
jmufan2008 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes
(10-15-2017 07:48 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  
(10-15-2017 07:37 PM)Dukester Wrote:  Another thing to make you smile.

That's pretty amazing. I'm confident the guys will make it 14 this upcoming Saturday. The defense remains thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to pitching that shutout. Great opportunity for it at Billy & His Baby Mama.

The Pugs will go down hard. They are BAD this year and it will not be close.
UNH for Homecoming...nothing to worry about here
URI...HA!
Richmond and @Elon may have a chance at breaking our streak of double-digit wins, but I doubt it.

Massey has us with chances of winning at 96%, 98%, 99%, 92%, and 93% with a minimum margin of 21 points (the last two games).
10-15-2017 11:21 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: James Madison
How is the mvfc rating not drug down by their bottom two teams? Indiana State doesn’t even have a win yet. Even Rhode Island has one of those.
10-16-2017 05:08 AM
Advertisement

JMU_71 Offline
1st String

I'm beginning to worry about that game at Elon. I have no idea what kind of offense they are running under Cignetti or what their defensive scheme is either. All I know is they are finding ways to win football games. They've won by a lot , they've won by a little, and they've won ugly. They will be confident when we travel down to NC in late November. I trust Houston, but I hope we are ready for that one.

Also, the ticks worry me a little also. Our defensive backfield really has not been tested by any kind of competent passing game since ECTC. In that game we racked up about a mile of PI calls. Lauletta is better than either ECTC QB, but he doesn't have the receivers that ECTC had.

Houston has proven that he has us ready for every game, other than the first half of the Maine game, I haven't seen us come out sluggish. I'm confident in an undefeated regular season so long as we have no more injuries on the offensive side of the ball. I'm just not ready to guarantee it yet.
10-16-2017 09:13 AM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

Elon lost their stud RB for the year last week.

I don't think we'll lose that one.

we annihilated them last year. They may be better, but you can't tell me they've gotten that much better to close that gap. Especially without their AA RB

http://www.foxsports.com/college-footbal...ury-101617
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017 09:19 AM by Duke Dawg.)
10-16-2017 09:18 AM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Our defense is getting better every week...which, is kind of scary for our competitors. And, we now have some guys back which is helping in that improvement.

Our offense is still pretty good. We've been playing some pretty good defenses the last few games. That is, programs who have been directing a lot of their talent to the D side of the ball...which, makes sense to me. I am hopeful we will see our offense get on a roll down the stretch in a similar run as we saw our D get on post-UR game last year.

Bottom line, our O likely only has to put up about 17-21 points in a game to assure victory the way this D is performing. I believe we will see some blowouts in the coming weeks - starting this Saturday - which will get some more guys on the field like Percy. I'd love to get Kloo back, though I'm not counting on it. And, with Cheatham now stepping up, we may be alright there along with Carlton anyway. Schor is still very good and he has a ton of weapons that he has spread it around to week to week.
10-16-2017 09:23 AM
bcp_jmu Online
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
^ we need more Percy right now
10-16-2017 10:19 AM
Dukester Offline

(10-16-2017 09:18 AM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  Elon lost their stud RB for the year last week.

we annihilated them last year. They may be better, but you can't tell me they've gotten that much better to close that gap. Especially without their AA RB

Anyone have an injury update on Sharp?
10-16-2017 11:14 AM
Advertisement

Jay M. Youix Offline
1st String

(10-16-2017 11:14 AM)Dukester Wrote:  
(10-16-2017 09:18 AM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  Elon lost their stud RB for the year last week.

believe i read that MH said he will be fine (conference call). think he came back in the game Sat anyway. looked like cramps, maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-16-2017 11:39 AM
JMU_71 Offline
1st String

Like I said, I don't know anything about Elon's offense or defense, but they have found ways to win games. Losing an AA RB certainly doesn't help them. I wasn't aware of the injury.
10-16-2017 11:59 AM
Jay M. Youix Offline
1st String

(10-16-2017 11:39 AM)Jay M. Youix Wrote:  

believe i read that MH said he will be fine (conference call). think he came back in the game Sat anyway. looked like cramps, maybe.

correction, he did not re-enter Saturday’s game but is fine, per Houston.

10-16-2017 12:44 PM
Dukester Offline

(10-16-2017 12:44 PM)Jay M. Youix Wrote:  

Thanks. That would be a big loss.

Marshall has not had the success I expected
10-16-2017 12:47 PM
DirtyDukes Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud!
(10-16-2017 12:47 PM)Dukester Wrote:  

I think MM is just used to a better caliber OLine and is either too impatient or too lazy to do the extra work to find the holes that Trai and Percy find. I do wish we'd see more Percy.

Am I wrong in thinking if he played at all he's not eligible for a redshirt without injury? If we pulled his shirt, let's get him in the game.
10-16-2017 01:05 PM
Advertisement

2Buck Offline
All American

(10-16-2017 01:05 PM)DirtyDukes Wrote:  
(10-16-2017 11:14 AM)Dukester Wrote:  Anyone have an injury update on Sharp?

I think MM is just used to a better caliber OLine and is either too impatient or too lazy to do the extra work to find the holes that Trai and Percy find. I do wish we'd see more Percy.

Am I wrong in thinking if he played at all he's not eligible for a redshirt without injury? If we pulled his shirt, let's get him in the game.

Well if that's true, and he can catch, maybe we should look at spreading Marshall out to the halfback/slot positions and get him into some more open field so he can use his speed. I think last week proved we need to spread things out more often anyway, especially with the middle of the field so jammed.

I'm all for saving part of the playbook for the post season but not at the cost of the physical toll on our depleted line and RBs by hammering a stacked box play after play. Loved seeing the wildcat though, hope that was another brief glimpse of things to come.
10-16-2017 01:17 PM
Jay M. Youix Offline
1st String

(10-16-2017 01:05 PM)DirtyDukes Wrote:  
(10-16-2017 11:14 AM)Dukester Wrote:  Anyone have an injury update on Sharp?

i agree that MM has been impatient, not sure about the lazy part. I think it might just take time, including a full offseason. this is such a different offense from what he's used to. there was at least one play that I remember from Sat where he ran into the back of an Olinemen a few yards down the field instead of being patient and sidestepping. he'll get there, but may not reach his potential right away.

I've wondered about the Percy thing, also. I thought that he could still be redshirted but I'm not super well-versed on the rulebook.
10-16-2017 01:17 PM
jmufan2008 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes
I think he'd have to be injured to get a redshirt after playing a single snap. Could be wrong, but I think that's the case. Which means he needs to be in. Especially toward the end of games. Hopefully W&M will be enough of a blowout that he'll have plenty of chances at the end to show what he can do.
10-16-2017 01:30 PM
JMU_71 Offline
1st String

jmufan2008,

That's correct, he would need to have a season ending injury to get his redshirt now. Even then, I'm not sure he would get it because we are well passed the 3rd game of the season.
10-16-2017 02:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.