Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

LIFO Students
Bookmark and Share
Dukester Offline

I Root For: JMU
LIFO Students
Why is it the students who get there the latest, wait in line for 15 minutes, actually get to their seat 10 minutes after the game starts are the first ones to leave beginning the 2nd half of the 2nd quarter?

They likely spend at least 15 to get to the stadium. Another 15 to get in. Stay for an hour and then likely takes at least 15 minutes to get home.

Curious why they come?
10-15-2017 06:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

91Alum Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU/ND
RE: LIFO Students
(10-15-2017 06:53 PM)Dukester Wrote:  Why is it the students who get there the latest, wait in line for 15 minutes, actually get to their seat 10 minutes after the game starts are the first ones to leave beginning the 2nd half of the 2nd quarter?

They likely spend at least 15 to get to the stadium. Another 15 to get in. Stay for an hour and then likely takes at least 15 minutes to get home.

Curious why they come?

The question is not why they come, it's why they go. The answer is their buzz wears off and there's a party to go to. This is not rocket science people.
10-15-2017 07:10 PM
Dukester Offline

(10-15-2017 07:10 PM)91Alum Wrote:  
(10-15-2017 06:53 PM)Dukester Wrote:  Why is it the students who get there the latest, wait in line for 15 minutes, actually get to their seat 10 minutes after the game starts are the first ones to leave beginning the 2nd half of the 2nd quarter?

Curious why they come?

The question is not why they come, it's why they go. The answer is their buzz wears off and there's a party to go to. This is not rocket science people.

Sure it happens multiple times, but one of the young ladies lost her breakfast 03-puke on the steps inside the stadium. Poor lady next to the steps received some colateral damage.
10-15-2017 07:13 PM
jmu98 Online
All American

(10-15-2017 07:13 PM)Dukester Wrote:  
(10-15-2017 07:10 PM)91Alum Wrote:  

Curious why they come?

Sure it happens multiple times, but one of the young ladies lost her breakfast 03-puke on the steps inside the stadium. Poor lady next to the steps received some colateral damage.

This is also nothing new. A guy sitting next to me at homecoming while I was a student puked right on top of a 30 something alum at homecoming in 95 or so.

Safe to say she was not happy.
10-15-2017 07:37 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

I thought the students stuck around pretty well considering how much I'd imagine they all had been drinking and how little they all probably slept.
10-15-2017 07:49 PM
Dukester Offline

(10-15-2017 07:49 PM)KickItToScotty Wrote:  I thought the students stuck around pretty well considering how much I'd imagine they all had been drinking and how little they all probably slept.

Scotty - that is by far the case. Much better than in the past, and better than even in JMU history, and many 1A schools. I was referencing about 1,000 of our students. Who knows it might be the same on the big size of the stadium - I just don't see those seats.

What is sad is the Delaware students. Their team was down a score to the #1 team in the country and literally 90% had left midway through the second half..
10-15-2017 07:58 PM
Advertisement

JMad03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
Those are probably the same people that get to CGD 3 hours early and then leave before the show is over.
There certainly weren't any parties at 10:30 AM.
10-15-2017 08:18 PM
JMUNewbill Offline
2nd String

LIFO Students
Yea you can't possibly be upset with student participation this weekend. They killed it
10-15-2017 08:28 PM
bridgeforthduke Offline
All American

I sat on the old side this week for the first time since I graduated. It was miserable with the sun directly in our faces and hot temperatures. I can't blame some that drank a lot before the game for leaving early. That's a nice recipe for passing out.

Still, I thought the students did a lot better this game than they have in the past.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017 09:26 PM by bridgeforthduke.)
10-15-2017 09:26 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

Students were great this weekend. Their energy is what drove both gameday and the crowd noise at BFS. A few will always head out to party, but they brought it for gameday more than anyone.
10-15-2017 09:28 PM
Dukes1825 Offline
Special Teams

Thought student participation into the 3rd quarter, and even the 4th, was far better than normal. Personally, I was exhausted by the end of the 3rd and forced myself to suck it up through the end
10-15-2017 09:30 PM
Advertisement

jmufan2008 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes
(10-15-2017 09:26 PM)bridgeforthduke Wrote:  I sat on the old side this week for the first time since I graduated. It was miserable with the sun directly in our faces and hot temperatures. I can't blame some that drank a lot before the game for leaving early. That's a nice recipe for passing out.

Still, I thought the students did a lot better this game than they have in the past.

Literally the exact same. Haven't sat on that side in nearly a decade (since I graduated). It was nasty hot over there. Sign right in your eyes, 15 degrees hotter than in the shade (you could instantly feel it walking up and down the stairs). Even still, it stayed pretty packed throughout the game. Those kids had a fading buzz in 90 degree whether. Props to the large majority that stuck it out for most or all of the game. They had already been up for 12 hours after waking up at 6am on a Saturday.
10-15-2017 11:05 PM
JMU83 Offline
Special Teams

I took a walk through the upper convo lot before the game. What an event. Packed with partying students. I asked a cop if it was always this crowded and he said maybe just a little more with CGD. He did say they clear it out once the game starts.
Maybe they should clear it out a little sooner.
Does anyone know if the upper convo regains its partying atmosphere later in the game and post game? Maybe open it back up a little later.
But, too many rules can ruin a good thing.
10-16-2017 06:00 AM
JMUrcc06 Offline
1st String

I think the students absolutely nailed it... can't blame a few of them for leaving at half and 3rd after sitting in that sun. I overheard a pack of students (obviously students based on the way they were dressed) say "it does not feel like I've been drinking since Thursday" these kids put the school on their shoulders to ensure ESPN got what they came for.

I was also REALLLLLY impressed by how much the football IQ has improved in 6 short weeks... very quiet on offense and loud on defense. One time the sound tech played something to get the crowd hype right as we were coming on offense and it didn't take them long to realize he/she effed up and back down for Schor and co.
10-16-2017 10:09 AM
jmufan2008 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes
(10-16-2017 10:09 AM)JMUrcc06 Wrote:  One time the sound tech played something to get the crowd hype right as we were coming on offense and it didn't take them long to realize he/she effed up and back down for Schor and co.

This happened more than once. There were at least a few times where we were on offense and they played a hype-up song on the PA system...which when we play a hurry up offense doesn't help our guys out any. If it's a TO (especially TV timeout) or we're on defense, definitely get people hyped...otherwise...there's absolutely no reason to do that.
10-16-2017 11:31 AM
JMUrcc06 Offline
1st String

(10-16-2017 11:31 AM)jmufan2008 Wrote:  
(10-16-2017 10:09 AM)JMUrcc06 Wrote:  One time the sound tech played something to get the crowd hype right as we were coming on offense and it didn't take them long to realize he/she effed up and back down for Schor and co.

This happened more than once. There were at least a few times where we were on offense and they played a hype-up song on the PA system...which when we play a hurry up offense doesn't help our guys out any. If it's a TO (especially TV timeout) or we're on defense, definitely get people hyped...otherwise...there's absolutely no reason to do that.

I thought maybe it happened more than once, my day is a little fuzzy... fireball at 8a en route to the Quad does that... I didn't want to throw the tech booth under the bus for anything I wasn't sure of.

The MRDs also played the fight song ending (what they do for every first down) when nova got a first down...

I think everyone was a little fuzzy from the long day!
10-16-2017 11:34 AM
Advertisement

HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

Noticed on the stream that the MRDs routinely played after Villanova was at the LOS. Risky!
10-16-2017 04:59 PM
jmu007 Offline
All American

(10-16-2017 04:59 PM)HyperDuke Wrote:  Noticed on the stream that the MRDs routinely played after Villanova was at the LOS. Risky!

They played during a few plays as well. Someone needs to work on tightening that up before the team get penalized. Which they certainly will if it continues.
10-16-2017 05:08 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-16-2017 05:08 PM)jmu007 Wrote:  
(10-16-2017 04:59 PM)HyperDuke Wrote:  Noticed on the stream that the MRDs routinely played after Villanova was at the LOS. Risky!

They played during a few plays as well. Someone needs to work on tightening that up before the team get penalized. Which they certainly will if it continues.

I'd love to see it happen - in a 50 pt blowout of course - just to see Mike Houston's reaction. Should be priceless. (j/k...well, sort of)

04-cheers
10-16-2017 05:10 PM
Dukester Offline

To me having to settle for the 20 yard field goal after not being able to punch it it in on multiple occasions has Deflating.

But noticed the band also did not play the full fight song either after the fg. Just like the teaser fight song... is that normal? I thought they always played the full fight song after any score..
10-16-2017 05:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.