Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Saturday Night Live Reverses Course, Destroys Harvey Weinstein
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Saturday Night Live Reverses Course, Destroys Harvey Weinstein
Quote:After being hit with criticism over its failure to remark on the allegations that Hollywood executive Harvey Weinstein has sexually assaulted multiple women, Saturday Night Live finally spoke up about the disgraced producer this week.

The show had been panned for reportedly cutting several jokes on last weekend's Gal Gadot-hosted episode but claimed that the removal was not driven by political considerations so much as the jokes' failure to land with its studio audience.

On last night's "Weekend Update" segment both Colin Jost and Michael Che covered the Weinstein allegations that have rocked the film and television community over the last few weeks.

"You know, this is a tough spot for comedians because it's so hard to make jokes about sexual assault," Che said to open his portion of the segment. "But it's so easy to make jokes about a guy that looks like this. I mean, he looks like chewed bubble gum rolled in cat hair."

Che went on to talk about more than just Weinstein's appearance, however, quipping, "Weinstein told reporters that he was seeking help and we all make mistakes. No, man. A mistake is me walking into the wrong bathroom and using it anyway because I was crowning. But you, you assaulted dozens of women. That's not a mistake, that's a full season of Law & Order. Your name's a verb now, dude, as in if this guy tries to Weinstein me, I'm going to cut off his little Harvey."

Of course, he couldn't resist closing his portion with another jab at Weinstein's physicality, saying, "Doesn't he look like a well-dressed skin tag?"

For his part, Jost added, "Weinstein has been accused of multiple counts of sexual assault and is reportedly going to Europe for sex rehab. Somehow, I don't think that's going to help anybody. He doesn't need sex rehab; he needs a special facility where there are no women, no contact with the outside world, metal bars, and it's a prison."

If there was ever any question over whether SNL was willing to go there with the once-influential exec, this certainly seems to answer in the affirmative -- but is it too little, too late?

http://www.tvguide.com/news/saturday-nig...ein-jokes/

My opinion, they were waiting to see if the scandal would blow over before they said anything.
10-15-2017 04:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fort Bend Owl Online
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
RE: Saturday Night Live Reverses Course, Destroys Harvey Weinstein
It's not just them, it's most of Hollywood too. It's now 'in' to tell everyone Weinstein sexually harassed you.

Like most SNL's now, I just watch highlights on Sunday to see if there are any segments I liked. Last night's host was Kumail Nanjiani, an actor-comedian from Pakistan, and I thought his monologue on Islamophobia was funny (although it was pretty much covered about the same way by Azis Ansari last year).

http://tvline.com/2017/10/15/saturday-ni...snl-video/
10-15-2017 04:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
RE: Saturday Night Live Reverses Course, Destroys Harvey Weinstein
All of NBC — not just SNL — was very, very slow out of the gate on this story compared to other networks. I don’t know what Weinstein’s connection to NBC is (or was), but it’s over now.

Interesting that Courtney Love called Weinstein out in a live TV interview back in 2005. The media did precisely Nothing with it for 12 years.
10-15-2017 05:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.