Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NY6 payday.
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
NY6 payday.
This weekend solidified that the AAC will get the G5 NY6 day spot. We all will get paid! Congrats. UCF, USF or Memphis will be going to Atlanta.
10-15-2017 03:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
RE: NY6 payday.
Stupid thread lol
10-15-2017 03:55 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-15-2017 03:55 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Stupid thread lol

You got blown out by Miami and have no more ranked teams on your schedule.
10-15-2017 03:58 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN

Bitter G4 fan. Flagged!
10-15-2017 04:02 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
AAC is definitey in the driver's seat (AP Poll)...

#16 USF (6-0)
#20 UCF (5-0)
#25 Memphis (5-1)
#36 Navy (5-1)

MW
#26 SDSU (6-1)

CUSA
#39 Marshall (5-1)

SMACK (Who?)
Fun Belt (Who?)
10-15-2017 04:28 PM
8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU
Surprised Boise isn't somewhere in the mix. Nice job with Navy and Memphis switching out. Keeps the AAC at three teams in the Top 25 with a fourth lurking. Very nice indeed.
10-15-2017 04:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-15-2017 04:28 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  AAC is definitey in the driver's seat (AP Poll)...

#16 USF (6-0)
#20 UCF (5-0)
#25 Memphis (5-1)
#36 Navy (5-1)

MW
#26 SDSU (6-1)

CUSA
#39 Marshall (5-1)

SMACK (Who?)
Fun Belt (Who?)

If USF or UCF goes undefeated, more than likely yes. If both lose in the regular season, a one loss SDSU Champion moves back into the slot. AAC main issues are canabalizing each other and poor OOC schedules. The CFP system was designed not to penalize a team from a weaker conference. Something many AAC fans have yet to understand. Last year all the OOC were terrible for all the G5 Champions. That is not the case this year. If SDSU wins their conference and is tied with other 1 loss G5 Champs, they probably get in. Remember, there is a reward if a G5 conference is the best of the five with higher payout from the CFP. This was how the CFP was designed to work. 04-cheers
10-15-2017 04:47 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-15-2017 04:47 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  
(10-15-2017 04:28 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  AAC is definitey in the driver's seat (AP Poll)...

#16 USF (6-0)
#20 UCF (5-0)
#25 Memphis (5-1)
#36 Navy (5-1)

MW
#26 SDSU (6-1)

CUSA
#39 Marshall (5-1)

SMACK (Who?)
Fun Belt (Who?)

If USF or UCF goes undefeated, more than likely yes. If both lose in the regular season, a one loss SDSU Champion moves back into the slot. AAC main issues are canabalizing each other and poor OOC schedules. The CFP system was designed not to penalize a team from a weaker conference. Something many AAC fans have yet to understand. Last year all the OOC were terrible for all the G5 Champions. That is not the case this year. If SDSU wins their conference and is tied with other 1 loss G5 Champs, they probably get in. Remember, there is a reward if a G5 conference is the best of the five with higher payout from the CFP. This was how the CFP was designed to work. 04-cheers

SDSU doesn't have the games on their schedule. The winner of the AAC will at minimum play a ranked school in the championship.
10-15-2017 04:50 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame

#16 USF (6-0)
#20 UCF (5-0)
#25 Memphis (5-1)
#36 Navy (5-1)

MW
#26 SDSU (6-1)

CUSA
#39 Marshall (5-1)

SMACK (Who?)
Fun Belt (Who?)

Memphis has one loss, and is ranked above SDSU already. USF and UCF only have one challenging game each before meeting each other. Unless Memphis loses a game before the AAC CCG, or the USF-UCF winner loses TWO games, SDSU won't get the NY6 slot.
10-15-2017 04:56 PM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation

don't hate. Just worship from afar
10-15-2017 04:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(10-15-2017 04:56 PM)TripleA Wrote:  

#16 USF (6-0)
#20 UCF (5-0)
#25 Memphis (5-1)
#36 Navy (5-1)

MW
#26 SDSU (6-1)

CUSA
#39 Marshall (5-1)

SMACK (Who?)
Fun Belt (Who?)

Memphis has one loss, and is ranked above SDSU already. USF and UCF only have one challenging game each before meeting each other. Unless Memphis loses a game before the AAC CCG, or the USF-UCF winner loses TWO games, SDSU won't get the NY6 slot.

Yup. 04-cheers
10-15-2017 05:38 PM
Advertisement

otown Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida

#16 USF (6-0)
#20 UCF (5-0)
#25 Memphis (5-1)
#36 Navy (5-1)

MW
#26 SDSU (6-1)

CUSA
#39 Marshall (5-1)

SMACK (Who?)
Fun Belt (Who?)

What you fail to realize is that a 2 loss Navy was 2 spots behind and undefeated WMU going into the CG last year........pretty much the opposite of what you are stating.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017 05:51 PM by otown.)
10-15-2017 05:50 PM
TU4ever Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulsa

#16 USF (6-0)
#20 UCF (5-0)
#25 Memphis (5-1)
#36 Navy (5-1)

MW
#26 SDSU (6-1)

CUSA
#39 Marshall (5-1)

SMACK (Who?)
Fun Belt (Who?)

This is fundamentally wrong, otherwise baylor/tcu would have got in two years ago and a two loss navy would have never been in the discussion against undefeated wmu last year. The system takes into account the whole season and rewards teams with tougher sos, which in regards to memphis means losing to ucf is way better than an ok boise.
10-15-2017 06:26 PM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
Baylor or TCU did not get in for two reasons. The main reason, neither played anyone OOC that meant anything and B12 submitted them as Co-Champs which the CFP took advantage of that idiotic move. As I stated, last years G5 champs all had terrible OOC schedules. Navy's big win was against a BAD Notre Dame which had a name. Much like SDSU has with Stanford but Stanford is looking to be a bowl eligible team. The only OOC teams in your scenario is UCLA for Memphis and FIU for UCF. These two teams could end up 5-7. Next week, the poll that matters comes out.

AP and Coaches truley have no meaning execpt for fans to puff their chest. Look, the Wolfpack is ranked in both polls but until I see them in the CFP poll they have no ranking that matters. Again, I am still trying to figure how my Pack will lose in their bye week. 03-wink After 10/31, all the TV ratings will use the CFP standings.

The main thing that needs to happen is see who the G5 champs. The CFP has from day one has always promoted OOC schedule is one of the top criteria. Again, how OSU got in without winning their conference in the CFP final four. I do admire the Jim Jones loyalty of AAC fans who will drink the kool-aid. Again, the AAC has to realize their will be cannibalization in their confernce. Memphis or Navy will force a two loss team. Navy also has ND this year which they will likely be underdogs in that game. Again, if either UCF and USF win out, they are the G5 rep.

UCF vs Navy
Memphis vs Navy
UCF vs USF
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017 07:42 PM by msm96wolf.)
10-15-2017 07:38 PM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
(10-15-2017 07:38 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  Baylor or TCU did not get in for two reasons. The main reason, neither played anyone OOC that meant anything and B12 submitted them as Co-Champs which the CFP took advantage of that idiotic move. As I stated, last years G5 champs all had terrible OOC schedules. Navy's big win was against a BAD Notre Dame which had a name. Much like SDSU has with Stanford but Stanford is looking to be a bowl eligible team. The only OOC teams in your scenario is UCLA for Memphis and FIU for UCF. These two teams could end up 5-7. Next week, the poll that matters comes out.

AP and Coaches truley have no meaning execpt for fans to puff their chest. Look, the Wolfpack is ranked in both polls but until I see them in the CFP poll they have no ranking that matters. Again, I am still trying to figure how my Pack will lose in their bye week. 03-wink After next week, all the TV ratings will use the CFP standings.

The main thing that needs to happen is see who the G5 champs. The CFP has from day one has always promoted OOC schedule is one of the top criteria. Again, how OSU got in without winning their conference in the CFP final four. I do admire the Jim Jones loyalty of AAC fans who will drink the kool-aid. Again, the AAC has to realize their will be cannibalization in their confernce. Memphis or Navy will force a two loss team. Navy also has ND this year which they will likely be underdogs in that game. Again, if either UCF and USF win out, they are the G5 rep.

UCF vs Navy
Memphis vs Navy
UCF vs USF

Major flaw in your reasoning - quality wins in the CFP committee's eyes don't have to be OOC. Here's Hocutt on 29 Nov 2016 explaining why Navy was catching up to WMU:

"Western Michigan only one of two teams that remain undefeated. Their strength of schedule continues to be a concern, something that the Selection Committee is aware of...At the same time they've only beaten two FBS teams with a winning record.
Navy has three what the Selection Committee would look at quality wins over Houston, Memphis and Tulsa. "
10-15-2017 07:46 PM
gulfcoastgal Offline
All American

They thought enough of the AAC to keep Navy in their final poll and rank Temple after the champ game. Temple's only OOC FBS win last year was Charlotte.
10-15-2017 08:09 PM
Advertisement

TU4ever Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulsa
(10-15-2017 07:38 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  Baylor or TCU did not get in for two reasons. The main reason, neither played anyone OOC that meant anything and B12 submitted them as Co-Champs which the CFP took advantage of that idiotic move. As I stated, last years G5 champs all had terrible OOC schedules. Navy's big win was against a BAD Notre Dame which had a name. Much like SDSU has with Stanford but Stanford is looking to be a bowl eligible team. The only OOC teams in your scenario is UCLA for Memphis and FIU for UCF. These two teams could end up 5-7. Next week, the poll that matters comes out.

AP and Coaches truley have no meaning execpt for fans to puff their chest. Look, the Wolfpack is ranked in both polls but until I see them in the CFP poll they have no ranking that matters. Again, I am still trying to figure how my Pack will lose in their bye week. 03-wink After 10/31, all the TV ratings will use the CFP standings.

UCF vs Navy
Memphis vs Navy
UCF vs USF

Its like talking to a brick wall, penn st was kept out despite having a head to head win over osu because osu's over all schedule was tougher. Osu got in over baylor and tcu for the same reason. Navy would have got in for the same reason over wmu.

Sdsu has a terrible loss, to boise. Memphis lost to ucf. If both win out memphis is in, because the mwc is cupcake city and that loss is horrible.
10-15-2017 08:11 PM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
OSU out of conference had Top 10 Oklahoma win in OOC and top SOS. Memphis and SDSU will have similar SOS. They will have two P5 wins and possibly 3 Bowl teams. Memphis has UCLA win who currently is not ranked. ULM and cancelled with Ga State. Not, that great of OOC and not a slam dunk. Again, I understand this is an AAC board and the bias is completely understandable. The AAC does not have a slam dunk if there is a one loss only team. SOS is not going to be that great against other teams. In addition, all the AAC teams in the CFP will likely not have a 13 game schedule. No one knows how the CFP will consider this or judge these as impacts to SOS. Dropping weak teams impact SOS but also not play a 13 game schedule could as well. No one will have a clue until Oct 31st of the CFP's thinking. Unlike last year, the AAC really has no marquee OOC wins as compared to last year. The only two teams with a clear path are UCF and USF. I think Memphis needs to worry about keeping their coach come November. The Vols should be looking at Norvell if Arkansas doesn't offer before them. I give the AAC credit for becoming the Head Coach farm system for P5 coaches.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017 09:15 PM by msm96wolf.)
10-15-2017 09:14 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
(10-15-2017 03:58 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  

You got blown out by Miami and have no more ranked teams on your schedule.

1st of all that has nothing to do with the thread...

2nd.. Miami is #8 in the country and better than anyone USF, UCF, Memphis, or Navy has played.

3rd we have had the best offensive game vs. the Canes in 2017. http://www.espn.com/college-football/gam...=400937475
38-30 until the 6 minute mark in the 4th qtr. I've seen much worse in the G5.
10-15-2017 09:25 PM
nastar36 Offline
Special Teams

UCF vs Navy
Memphis vs Navy
UCF vs USF

According to the NCAA statistics http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings?sport_cod...ivision=11 , Memphis has played the 6th toughest schedule in football so far this season. They have beaten two ranked teams #24 UCLA and #25 Navy and their only loss is to now ranked UCF. Our opponents now have a combined 7 losses, 4 of which they received from Memphis.

There's still a lot of football to be played, but I wouldn't count Memphis out yet.
10-15-2017 10:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.