week 7 sunbelt ranking
Bookmark and Share
GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
week 7 sunbelt ranking
Feel free to agree or disagree. 05-stirthepot

TEAM (conf W-L)
1) Arkansas State (2-0)- Still the team to beat in Sun Belt until someone knocks them off.
2) App State (3-0)- A good balance between offense and defense. Looked vulnerable at times, but they always find ways to win games.
3) Troy (1-1)- One of the most talented teams in SBC. Can forgive USA game for now.
4) ULM (3-1)- Dangerous offense that could beat anyone in Sun Belt.
5) ULL (2-1)- Another dangerous offense that causes problems every week.
6) USA (1-1)- They don't make sense. They're a good team when they feel like it.
7) Idaho (1-2)- Might be too lowly ranked, but looking like a shell of the team from last year.
8) NMSU (1-2)- very good players at skilled positions. NMSU offense will be in a lot of close games. They need to find ways to secure clutch wins like App.
9) TXST (0-3)- They are talented enough to be competitive, just needs to maintain focus throughout all 4 quarters.
10) CCU (0-3)- solid athletes at starting positions. Lacks depth to account for rotation and injuries.
11) GS (0-2)- Sky isn't falling. They are improving every week. The offense is coming together.

I'm not ranking Georgia State because I'm clearly biased. Someone else fill them in.
GSU (2-0)- Tough defense will keep them in every game. Similar to App, offense likes to sustain long drives to win the time of possession
10-15-2017 09:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
RE: week 7 sunbelt ranking
(10-15-2017 09:16 AM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  11) GS (0-2)- Sky isn't falling.

I would disagree. They may be turning a corner, but that corner should never had been after 0-5 in Tyson Summer's second year. GS fans have a storied enough program that they should never have to see 0-5, no matter what division or conference they play.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017 09:23 AM by TroyFootball05.)
10-15-2017 09:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
As for Troy, we may have the best defense in the conference, but if we don't find an offensive line, we are hosed, and will lose two or three more.
10-15-2017 09:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
(10-15-2017 09:21 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  

I would disagree. They may be turning a corner, but that corner should never had been after 0-5 in Tyson Summer's second year. GS fans have a storied enough program that they should never have to see 0-5, no matter what division or conference they play.

Thank you.

We've gone from the bottom of the Marianas Trench to the Titanic's resting place. Still not anywhere near sea level.
10-15-2017 09:29 AM
GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

(10-15-2017 09:29 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  
(10-15-2017 09:21 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  

Thank you.

We've gone from the bottom of the Marianas Trench to the Titanic's resting place. Still not anywhere near sea level.

In grand scheme of things, GS is only 0-2 in conference play (which is the only record that matters). GS offensive is clicking at the right time. Heck, who knows what the final record will be. UMass next week should be a feel-good win.
10-15-2017 09:41 AM
Eagle22 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GA Southern
(10-15-2017 09:16 AM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  Feel free to agree or disagree. 05-stirthepot

11) GS (0-2)- Sky isn't falling. They are improving every week. The offense is coming together.

When you are at rock bottom there is no falling that can occur.

No, we aren't improving. The offense isn't coming together.
10-15-2017 09:43 AM
Advertisement

asuwon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
(10-15-2017 09:16 AM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  Feel free to agree or disagree. 05-stirthepot

TEAM (conf W-L)
1) Arkansas State (2-0)- Still the team to beat in Sun Belt until someone knocks them off.
2) App State (3-0)- A good balance between offense and defense. Looked vulnerable at times, but they always find ways to win games.
3) Troy (1-1)- One of the most talented teams in SBC. Can forgive USA game for now.
4) ULM (3-1)- Dangerous offense that could beat anyone in Sun Belt.
5) ULL (2-1)- Another dangerous offense that causes problems every week.
6) USA (1-1)- They don't make sense. They're a good team when they feel like it.
7) Idaho (1-2)- Might be too lowly ranked, but looking like a shell of the team from last year.
8) NMSU (1-2)- very good players at skilled positions. NMSU offense will be in a lot of close games. They need to find ways to secure clutch wins like App.
9) TXST (0-3)- They are talented enough to be competitive, just needs to maintain focus throughout all 4 quarters.
10) CCU (0-3)- solid athletes at starting positions. Lacks depth to account for rotation and injuries.

I'm not ranking Georgia State because I'm clearly biased. Someone else fill them in.
GSU (2-0)- Tough defense will keep them in every game. Similar to App, offense likes to sustain long drives to win the time of possession

I like your ranking and would place GSU at #4.
10-15-2017 09:49 AM
rokamortis Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal
How are we not last?
10-15-2017 09:51 AM
AppinSC Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
(10-15-2017 09:51 AM)rokamortis Wrote:  How are we not last?

We will do our very best to help you out with that next week. 04-cheers
10-15-2017 10:00 AM
riburn3 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NMSU/UTEP
1. App St. - 3-0 in conference play and have actually beaten teams with some wins. Not the prettiest victories by good teams find a way, and for two straight weeks they’re finding a way.

2. stAte - they’re undefeated in conference but their wins are against 2 bad teams and an FCS program. The ULL game will probably be the first interesting test for them, and again @ NMSU in 2 weeks we will find out if they’re for real.

3. Troy - tough loss this week but they still have the biggest win of the season for the conference. Need to figure out how to stay focused after a big victory.

4. NMSU - Not a pretty win, but a good rebound after a tough loss at App St last weekend. I thought they were going to be hungover from that loss plus 3 straight eastern road games. Beating two FBS OOC foes is probably to most impressive Belt resume after Troy.

5. ULL - Did what they were supposed to do. The game this upcoming weekend against Ark St will be very interesting.

6. Georgia St. 2-0 in conference with a win against a not terrible ULM squad is solid. They have a real test with Troy coming. Losing to an FCS program keeps them from being higher IMHO.

7. ULM - would be higher but getting blown up by Georgia St is terrible. 3-1 in conference is good but they might not win a game for the rest of the season.

8. South Alabama - Big TV win against Troy. It will be interesting to see how they follow it up. The Idaho home loss is keeping them down.

9. Idaho - tough home loss. Will be interesting to see what they can do against a terrible Mizzouri team.

10. Coastal Carolina - They at least have an OOC win, but they are goin to be lucky to win one for the rest of the season.

11. Georgia Southern - Something happens when they come out of halftime. They put up 24 on NMSU in the first half, then NMSUs defense figures them out and only allowed 3 in the second half. Still some bright spots.

12. Texas St. - incoming pillow fight of the week against Coastal.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017 10:03 AM by riburn3.)
10-15-2017 10:01 AM
Golota Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ULM
(10-15-2017 10:01 AM)riburn3 Wrote:  1. App St. - 3-0 in conference play and have actually beaten teams with some wins. Not the prettiest victories by good teams find a way, and for two straight weeks they’re finding a way.

2. stAte - they’re undefeated in conference but their wins are against 2 bad teams and an FCS program. The ULL game will probably be the first interesting test for them, and again @ NMSU in 2 weeks we will find out if they’re for real.

3. Troy - tough loss this week but they still have the biggest win of the season for the conference. Need to figure out how to stay focused after a big victory.

4. NMSU - Not a pretty win, but a good rebound after a tough loss at App St last weekend. I thought they were going to be hungover from that loss plus 3 straight eastern road games. Beating two FBS OOC foes is probably to most impressive Belt resume after Troy.

5. ULL - Did what they were supposed to do. The game this upcoming weekend against Ark St will be very interesting.

6. Georgia St. 2-0 in conference with a win against a not terrible ULM squad is solid. They have a real test with Troy coming. Losing to an FCS program keeps them from being higher IMHO.

7. ULM - would be higher but getting blown up by Georgia St is terrible. 3-1 in conference is good but they might not win a game for the rest of the season.

8. South Alabama - Big TV win against Troy. It will be interesting to see how they follow it up. The Idaho home loss is keeping them down.

9. Idaho - tough home loss. Will be interesting to see what they can do against a terrible Mizzouri team.

10. Coastal Carolina - They at least have an OOC win, but they are goin to be lucky to win one for the rest of the season.

11. Georgia Southern - Something happens when they come out of halftime. They put up 24 on NMSU in the first half, then NMSUs defense figures them out and only allowed 3 in the second half. Still some bright spots.

12. Texas St. - incoming pillow fight of the week against Coastal.

I would put 5 Ga State 6 ULM 7 ULL
I agree with your assessment of ULM it all depends how team comes out this week.
10-15-2017 10:08 AM
Advertisement

TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
(10-15-2017 09:41 AM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  In grand scheme of things, GS is only 0-2 in conference play (which is the only record that matters). GS offensive is clicking at the right time. Heck, who knows what the final record will be.

In the grand scheme... Tyson is 5-12.. that is the record that matters.

And no.. the offense is not clicking.
10-15-2017 10:12 AM
GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

(10-15-2017 09:24 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  As for Troy, we may have the best defense in the conference, but if we don't find an offensive line, we are hosed, and will lose two or three more.

Oh good, GSU defense likes sacking QBs 04-cheers
10-15-2017 10:18 AM
Golota Offline
Special Teams

(10-15-2017 10:18 AM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  
(10-15-2017 09:24 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  As for Troy, we may have the best defense in the conference, but if we don't find an offensive line, we are hosed, and will lose two or three more.

Oh good, GSU defense likes sacking QBs 04-cheers

Especially ULM QBs. Lol
10-15-2017 10:34 AM
LewyVandal Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Idaho
Troy
Astate
Appst
Tie: nmst, ull, ulm, Idaho
The bottom after that
10-15-2017 10:57 AM
GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

(10-15-2017 10:12 AM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  
(10-15-2017 09:41 AM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  In grand scheme of things, GS is only 0-2 in conference play (which is the only record that matters). GS offensive is clicking at the right time. Heck, who knows what the final record will be.

In the grand scheme... Tyson is 5-12.. that is the record that matters.

And no.. the offense is not clicking.

just finished watching the nmsu game. 2nd half not so good.
10-15-2017 11:17 AM
Advertisement

Rik Flair Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: stAte
stAte
App
USA
Troy
NMSU
ULL
ULM
Ga St.
Idaho
Ga So
Coastal
Tex St.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017 11:52 AM by Rik Flair.)
10-15-2017 11:52 AM
riburn3 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NMSU/UTEP
Yeah that Southern offense is bad. 7 points came on special teams and another field goal came after NMSU turned over the ball in good field position and they couldn’t punch it in. Even late in the game NMSU had a bad pick in a crucial time, and down one Southern couldn’t move the ball.
10-15-2017 11:54 AM
FidelCashflow18 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: App State
1. stAte
2. App
3. Troy
4. NMSU
5. Ga St
6a. USA
6b. ULL
8. ULM

After the first three it's basically impossible to rank and will fluctuate on a weekly basis. Who cares after the ones I listed
10-15-2017 12:51 PM
bluephi1914 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

First off, any ranking that places a team ahead of a team that has beaten them when their records are identical is absolutely flawed and simply filled with bias. Second, ULM should definitely be ranked above ULL.
10-15-2017 01:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.