Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GO IN EARLY
Bookmark and Share
jmudukes Offline
2nd String

I Root For: jmu
GO IN EARLY
Go into the game early Saturday - get the stadium rocking; we want the team to hear us while they are in the locker room.
10-11-2017 02:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dukester Offline

I Root For: JMU
RE: GO IN EARLY
(10-11-2017 02:40 PM)jmudukes Wrote:  Go into the game early Saturday - get the stadium rocking; we want the team to hear us while they are in the locker room.

You won't need to worry about that. It happened in 2015 and will this time.

Funny thing is most of the students probably think the game is on ESPN.
10-11-2017 02:48 PM
streamerlauncher Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: James Madison
Not if we can't get in the gate fast enough. I already emailed my duke club rep and told them to double the ticket scanners, double the food staffing, and most importantly double the porta-johns... I hope they listen! Last gameday was a 45 minute wait to go piss.
10-11-2017 02:49 PM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

(10-11-2017 02:48 PM)Dukester Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 02:40 PM)jmudukes Wrote:  Go into the game early Saturday - get the stadium rocking; we want the team to hear us while they are in the locker room.

You won't need to worry about that. It happened in 2015 and will this time.

Funny thing is most of the students probably think the game is on ESPN.

ha.
i was telling somebody that today.

this will be the game the students stay all four quarters because half of them probably think the game is on ESPN as well.
10-11-2017 02:49 PM
JMUTrippster Offline
Special Teams

Most casual fans also think the game is on ESPN/can't understand why ESPN isn't covering the game since Gameday will be there despite repeated questions and answers about it to the contrary (just see JMU Nation on Facebook)....

Also I'd email Athletics, not Duke Club about those concerns...cut out the middle man!
10-11-2017 03:47 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

What if the middle man is the only person responding? ?
10-11-2017 06:52 PM
Advertisement

jmuroadwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU albany

AMEN! Thanks for posting. If all the students show up at the same time it will take at least 30 minutes to get them in. Show up early should be the mantra through out the morning and during tailgating and should be part of every conversation.
10-11-2017 06:54 PM
lingerba Offline
Special Teams

(10-11-2017 02:49 PM)streamerlauncher Wrote:  Not if we can't get in the gate fast enough. I already emailed my duke club rep and told them to double the ticket scanners, double the food staffing, and most importantly double the porta-johns... I hope they listen! Last gameday was a 45 minute wait to go piss.

My seats are in section 209. My ticket tells me to enter at gate A which is the main gate by the ticket booth. I am pretty sure this is the gate that every ticket on the new side of the stadium says to use. There are always super long lines there. I always walk around behind the stadium, behind the parking deck and enter through gate E. The only wait I ever have there is whatever time it takes me to finish my beverage. There is never anyone else over there. USE THIS GATE!

[Image: BRIDGEFORTH_OPERATIONS_MAP.jpg]
10-12-2017 12:33 PM
jmu007 Offline
All American

The lines at Gate A are because everyone stops at the bag check line instead of walking around to the other 4 lines that aren't long. It's hilarious to watch it happen every home game.
10-12-2017 12:34 PM
#YEEHAWDUKES Offline
1st String

I Root For: Dukes
(10-12-2017 12:34 PM)jmu007 Wrote:  The lines at Gate A are because everyone stops at the bag check line instead of walking around to the other 4 lines that aren't long. It's hilarious to watch it happen every home game.

Yup - every week it happens and makes no sense. I just walk right past everyone and go straight through while they wait for 15 minutes for no reason.
10-12-2017 12:42 PM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
(10-12-2017 12:33 PM)lingerba Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 02:49 PM)streamerlauncher Wrote:  Not if we can't get in the gate fast enough. I already emailed my duke club rep and told them to double the ticket scanners, double the food staffing, and most importantly double the porta-johns... I hope they listen! Last gameday was a 45 minute wait to go piss.

My seats are in section 209. My ticket tells me to enter at gate A which is the main gate by the ticket booth. I am pretty sure this is the gate that every ticket on the new side of the stadium says to use. There are always super long lines there. I always walk around behind the stadium, behind the parking deck and enter through gate E. The only wait I ever have there is whatever time it takes me to finish my beverage. There is never anyone else over there. USE THIS GATE!

Curse you for giving away this coveted secret.
10-12-2017 12:42 PM
Advertisement

streamerlauncher Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-12-2017 12:42 PM)JMU2004 Wrote:  

I'm in 202....
10-12-2017 02:31 PM
lingerba Offline
Special Teams

(10-12-2017 02:31 PM)streamerlauncher Wrote:  

I'm in 202....

I would bet you could use this route and still get to your seats quicker than waiting in line at gate A.
10-12-2017 02:45 PM
JMU08 Offline
1st String

I think the 60 people that read this board will probably do their part.
10-12-2017 03:49 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-12-2017 03:49 PM)JMU08 Wrote:  

I think the 60 people that read this board will probably do their part.

LOL, we’ve got about 95 on here right now. We win every online poll posted to this board. Pretty sure that number is just a bit higher :)
10-12-2017 09:14 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

GO IN EARLY
(10-12-2017 12:42 PM)#YEEHAWDUKES Wrote:  
(10-12-2017 12:34 PM)jmu007 Wrote:  The lines at Gate A are because everyone stops at the bag check line instead of walking around to the other 4 lines that aren't long. It's hilarious to watch it happen every home game.

Yup - every week it happens and makes no sense. I just walk right past everyone and go straight through while they wait for 15 minutes for no reason.

Yeah it’s a lot of people not paying attention enough to notice there are lines further down with no one in them. They’ll sometimes shoot a glance of disgust like you’re cutting them.
10-13-2017 06:41 AM
Advertisement

CvilleDukes Offline
Bench Warmer

I'm not going to be happy if this secret is no longer a secret.
10-13-2017 06:44 AM
jmuroadwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU albany
(10-13-2017 06:44 AM)CvilleDukes Wrote:  

I'm not going to be happy if this secret is no longer a secret.

Here I will help you out. Actually the line at A goes faster than it looks if you study the lines and pick the shorter ones AND if you do not have a bag to check. (Wear Cargo pants.) Also if you are heading up the stairs to the upper deck on A side you get a great view of the assemble MRD and their march into the stadium. I vote for entrance A.
10-13-2017 07:08 AM
DirtyDukes Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud!
I'm usually so drunk I just walk right up to the front of the line...
10-13-2017 07:29 AM
Mad victory Offline
1st String

Dirty line cutter
(10-13-2017 07:29 AM)DirtyDukes Wrote:  I'm usually so drunk I just walk right up to the front of the line...
10-13-2017 07:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.