Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Delaware
Bookmark and Share
Tribeheart Offline
Heisman

I Root For: William & Mary
Delaware
We have a young team, and though everyone is encouraged about the future, how about making some noise THIS year, starting this week.

Need a confidence win, and to continue to reset the Rocco ownership of Laycock.

With JMU hosting ESPN Game Day again this Saturday, getting a solid win at UD would set us up for a repeat of two years ago. Lot of football left.

If Christian is not 100%, I hope we'll give Evans some return touches. We need a threat back there. Hopefully, Funderburke got some of the rust dusted off.

Looking forward to seeing how Battle handles being the starter, assuming he is...Evans vocalized that he wanted to be on the field THIS year....If Battle is not able to step up, I can't imagine that Mitchell is not vocalizing the same thing, if the need arises.

Team game, and time for this team to start finding their identity, THIS year, and show they absolutely hate to lose. Start fast, start fast, start fast....Go Tribe!

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017 08:36 PM by Tribeheart.)
10-08-2017 07:45 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

bubbadog57 Offline
1st String

RE: Delaware
Am hopeful of a win this Saturday, despite being at Delaware. The Blue Hens are not a strong team and, despite two agonizing losses--games we might have won, am hopeful of a solid performance both halves this Saturday.
10-09-2017 05:41 AM
TribeNomad Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M Tribe
(10-09-2017 05:41 AM)BigTribe3 Wrote:  Am hopeful of a win this Saturday, despite being at Delaware. The Blue Hens are not a strong team and, despite two agonizing losses--games we might have won, am hopeful of a solid performance both halves this Saturday.

Their defense is top notch, we better have a wrinkle or two. Rocco always has some tricks up his sleeve.
10-09-2017 05:59 AM
tribefbfan Offline
Special Teams

(10-09-2017 05:59 AM)TribeNomad Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 05:41 AM)BigTribe3 Wrote:  Am hopeful of a win this Saturday, despite being at Delaware. The Blue Hens are not a strong team and, despite two agonizing losses--games we might have won, am hopeful of a solid performance both halves this Saturday.

Their defense is top notch, we better have a wrinkle or two. Rocco always has some tricks up his sleeve.

I am only looking at this from a statistical stand point. I just glanced at the rankings for each measurable category. Statistically we are the same.

My question is where would we be statistically if we played relatively the same all four quarters.

We squeak this out 24-10.
10-09-2017 06:27 AM
TribeNomad Offline
1st String

My VT friend said the Delaware defense was really good, he was surprised they matched up so well against VT.
10-09-2017 06:40 AM
hktribefan Offline
1st String

(10-09-2017 06:27 AM)tribefbfan Wrote:  

I am only looking at this from a statistical stand point. I just glanced at the rankings for each measurable category. Statistically we are the same.

My question is where would we be statistically if we played relatively the same all four quarters.

I'd take 24-10, but don't think that counts as "squeaking" one...
10-09-2017 07:58 AM
Advertisement

Rocco Offline
All American

I Root For: William and Mar

They're the same until you look at the quality of opponents- UD has played JMU, who looks utterly terrifying from a statistical standpoint. Delaware's defense has performed much better. The one area where W&M's been better has oddly enough been the passing game.
10-09-2017 09:00 AM
TribeNomad Offline
1st String

(10-09-2017 06:40 AM)TribeNomad Wrote:  

My VT friend said the Delaware defense was really good, he was surprised they matched up so well against VT.

My JMU friend also said the UD defense is very solid. The OL is going to have to play a great game this weekend.
10-09-2017 09:06 AM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

(10-09-2017 09:06 AM)TribeNomad Wrote:  My JMU friend also said the UD defense is very solid. The OL is going to have to play a great game this weekend.

I was a little disappointed by the OL on Saturday. McKee and Battle were running for their lives at times. But luckily Battle has enough of an arm to zip quick hitters out to receivers to counter a pass rush. If we can't get protection I'd expect a lot of slants and screens.
10-09-2017 09:22 AM
Tribeheart Offline
Heisman

Delaware
Their Oline is weak, and like us, they finally changed QB's during their last game. Need to be TO free.

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app
10-09-2017 09:22 AM
tribefbfan Offline
Special Teams

(10-09-2017 07:58 AM)hktribefan Wrote:  

I'd take 24-10, but don't think that counts as "squeaking" one...

Is it if we score late making it look easier than it was? I think it will be close the entire game, a late score will finally allow us to breath at the end. But your right a 14 point win doesn’t not fall into the “squeaked out” win as I originally posted.
10-09-2017 10:26 AM
Advertisement

TribePride2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: William&Mary
Danny Rocco stated that they’re starting there back up Quarterback this week against us.
10-09-2017 10:27 AM
bubbadog57 Offline
1st String

Apparently we are too!
10-09-2017 10:52 AM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

Win or lose, it's nice to be playing a more traditional rival after the Stony Brooks and Elons of the world. It's always easy to get on up for the Hens.

First state, worst state!
10-09-2017 01:16 PM
TribePride2 Offline
Water Engineer

(10-09-2017 01:16 PM)zablenoise Wrote:  Win or lose, it's nice to be playing a more traditional rival after the Stony Brooks and Elons of the world. It's always easy to get on up for the Hens.

First state, worst state!

This would be a good confidence booster to head into a BIG homecoming game
10-09-2017 02:59 PM
hktribefan Offline
1st String

So..... Game notes list McKee as the starter. I know not to read too much into that, but really hope Battle gets the start.
10-09-2017 03:42 PM
Advertisement

zablenoise Offline
Heisman

(10-09-2017 03:42 PM)hktribefan Wrote:  So..... Game notes list McKee as the starter. I know not to read too much into that, but really hope Battle gets the start.

Relatedly, I really hope Caskin plays as he is listed as starting.
10-09-2017 04:03 PM
tribefbfan Offline
Special Teams

(10-09-2017 04:03 PM)zablenoise Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 03:42 PM)hktribefan Wrote:  So..... Game notes list McKee as the starter. I know not to read too much into that, but really hope Battle gets the start.

Relatedly, I really hope Caskin plays as he is listed as starting.

Caskin is a vital part of this team. His leadership, his ball skills and the way he plays physically is hard to duplicate. The team performs better when he is out there.
10-09-2017 04:53 PM
TribePride2 Offline
Water Engineer

Looking at a few things
We match up in stats really well with Delaware. The offensive line should have a better game, Delaware has the fewest sacks in the CAA with 8.

One of the most penalized in the CAA also
10-09-2017 04:57 PM
hktribefan Offline
1st String

In this article, Jimmye says he still hasn't closed the door on Mitchell:

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/william...story.html

Not sure if that's just lip service, or if we may actually see him.
10-11-2017 08:48 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.