Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

VP Pence walks out of Colts game due to protestors
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/08/vic...kneel.html

Quote:Vice President Mike Pence walked out on his home-state Indianapolis Colts Sunday when members of the opposing team kneeled for the national anthem, but a report that Colin Kaepernick, the player who started it all, will stand if given another shot in the NFL was quickly dialed back.

"I left today's Colts game because @POTUS and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem," Pence tweeted.

Pence later posted a statement which read, "I left today's Colts game because President Trump and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem. At a time when so many Americans are inspiring our nation with their courage, resolve, and resilience, now, more than ever, we should rally around our Flag and everything that unites us."

"While everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I don't think it's too much to ask NFL players to respect the Flag and our National Anthem," he continued. "I stand with President Trump, I stand with our soldiers, and I will always stand for our Flag and National Anthem."

Epic Applause
10-08-2017 05:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
RE: VP Pence walks out of Colts game due to protestors
[Image: clapping-crowd-applause.gif]
10-08-2017 05:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
A freaking PR stunt that cost taxpayers money. What the hell did he expect from the 49ers? And numb nuts here applaud him. Republicans deserve whatever semblance of the Republican party Trump and Pence leave them with in 2020.

Instead of his statement released after he left, I'd rather see a statement with details how exactly he plans on ending the evil that he witnessed in Las Vegas the day before Indianapolis.
10-08-2017 05:41 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Pence became VP today

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
10-08-2017 05:42 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
Proud of Pence. **** those pampered millionaires. Virtue Signaling sucks.
10-08-2017 05:46 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
if practicing what you preach is a PR stunt, I'm all for it.....\

#leadbyexample
10-08-2017 05:57 PM
Advertisement

Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(10-08-2017 05:41 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  A freaking PR stunt that cost taxpayers money. What the hell did he expect from the 49ers? And numb nuts here applaud him. Republicans deserve whatever semblance of the Republican party Trump and Pence leave them with in 2020.

Instead of his statement released after he left, I'd rather see a statement with details how exactly he plans on ending the evil that he witnessed in Las Vegas the day before Indianapolis.

He can't "end" what happened in Las Vegas......no politician can. Did Obama stop lunatics from shooting up a crowd of innocent people - nope.
10-08-2017 05:58 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
(10-08-2017 05:41 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  A freaking PR stunt that cost taxpayers money. What the hell did he expect from the 49ers? And numb nuts here applaud him. Republicans deserve whatever semblance of the Republican party Trump and Pence leave them with in 2020.

Did President Obama end the evil he witnessed in Orlando in 2016? Including a statement on how he planned to end said evil?
10-08-2017 06:09 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
I don't expect him to 'end' what happened in Vegas. And I have no problem with him going to Vegas, meeting with the families of the deceased, and the survivors. But his quote was 'we are united in our resolve to end such evil.'

What I'm saying is the only PR statement I want to see released from his office today is details on what plans the White House has to end such shootings. Not a faux outrage from what he witnessed at an NFL game that should come as a surprise to NO ONE. It's not like the 49ers players didn't know he was there so of course they are going to double down on their personal motives, whatever they might be.
10-08-2017 06:10 PM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
Publicity stunt on the tax payer dollar. Cops are still murdering people and the VP ignores this.
10-08-2017 06:10 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

(10-08-2017 06:10 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  I don't expect him to 'end' what happened in Vegas. And I have no problem with him going to Vegas, meeting with the families of the deceased, and the survivors. But his quote was 'we are united in our resolve to end such evil.'

What I'm saying is the only PR statement I want to see released from his office today is details on what plans the White House has to end such shootings. Not a faux outrage from what he witnessed at an NFL game that should come as a surprise to NO ONE. It's not like the 49ers players didn't know he was there so of course they are going to double down on their personal motives, whatever they might be.

Don't be obtuse. You know as well as I do, that any PR statment(s) VP Pence or President Trump put out will be dismissed the instant it's released. After which they'll spend hours on end mocking and ridiculing the administration for, and I quote, "wasting time putting out press release(s) when they should be doing everything in their power to stop more mass shootings", knowing full well that any and all new laws wouldn't have stopped this nut or the nut in Orlando.
10-08-2017 06:16 PM
Advertisement

Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
(10-08-2017 06:09 PM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  

Did President Obama end the evil he witnessed in Orlando in 2016? Including a statement on how he planned to end said evil?

No, of course not. His statement was pretty similar to Trump's statement after Las Vegas. Obama did briefly (very briefly) talk about gun control, but it was just one paragraph. Which is one more paragraph than Trump mentioned.

(the paragraph which was 1 out of 14)....Today marks the most deadly shooting in American history. The shooter was apparently armed with a handgun and a powerful assault rifle. This massacre is therefore a further reminder of how easy it is for someone to get their hands on a weapon that lets them shoot people in a school, or in a house of worship, or a movie theater, or in a nightclub. And we have to decide if that’s the kind of country we want to be. And to actively do nothing is a decision as well.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/02/read-pre...oting.html

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/blo...ng-orlando
10-08-2017 06:16 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

(10-08-2017 06:10 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  Publicity stunt on the tax payer dollar. Cops are still murdering people and the VP ignores this.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
10-08-2017 06:17 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
(10-08-2017 06:16 PM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 06:10 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  I don't expect him to 'end' what happened in Vegas. And I have no problem with him going to Vegas, meeting with the families of the deceased, and the survivors. But his quote was 'we are united in our resolve to end such evil.'

Don't be obtuse. You know as well as I do, that any PR statment(s) VP Pence or President Trump put out will be dismissed the instant it's released. After which they'll spend hours on end mocking and ridiculing the administration for, and I quote, "wasting time putting out press release(s) when they should be doing everything in their power to stop more mass shootings", knowing full well that any and all new laws wouldn't have stopped this nut or the nut in Orlando.

That's absolutely not true. And by the way, I just linked the press release/statement Trump made after Vegas.

This is a PR stunt by Pence - there is absolutely no other way to spin this.
10-08-2017 06:18 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

(10-08-2017 06:16 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 06:09 PM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  

No, of course not. His statement was pretty similar to Trump's statement after Las Vegas. Obama did briefly (very briefly) talk about gun control, but it was just one paragraph. Which is one more paragraph than Trump mentioned.

(the paragraph which was 1 out of 14)....Today marks the most deadly shooting in American history. The shooter was apparently armed with a handgun and a powerful assault rifle. This massacre is therefore a further reminder of how easy it is for someone to get their hands on a weapon that lets them shoot people in a school, or in a house of worship, or a movie theater, or in a nightclub. And we have to decide if that’s the kind of country we want to be. And to actively do nothing is a decision as well.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/02/read-pre...oting.html

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/blo...ng-orlando

...and the media were falling all over themselves to praise the "dignified President Obama". The moment either the VP or the President put out a statement, it will be dismissed as too little too late. Much like you're doing right now.
10-08-2017 06:19 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
Most people I know thought Trump's statement after Vegas was fine. Thankfully he stuck to the script. I'm not dismissing his statement after Vegas - the only thing I've suggested since Vegas is a National Gun Registry - but I haven't harped too much on gun control besides that. I'm dismissing Pence's statement today.
10-08-2017 06:21 PM
Advertisement

wahoowa Offline
All American

I Root For:
DonatorsDonators
(10-08-2017 06:10 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  Publicity stunt on the tax payer dollar. Cops are still murdering people and the VP ignores this.

[Image: pff.gif]
10-08-2017 06:23 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Pence and publicity stunt.

That whole sentiment is ridiculous even for democrats.

Lol
10-08-2017 06:28 PM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(10-08-2017 06:28 PM)shere khan Wrote:  Pence and publicity stunt.

That whole sentiment is ridiculous even for democrats.

Lol

The president just confirmed via Twitter that he told VP to leave, so you are ridiculous.
10-08-2017 06:30 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
My Vice-President.

#Pence2024

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-08-2017 06:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.