Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Injuries piling up
Bookmark and Share
Madison 91 Forever Offline
1st String

I Root For: James Madison
Injuries piling up
I don't know how many more of these injuries we can take. Tutt, Chavious, Johnson and now Butler, and probably Holloway and Carter, too -- all out for the season.

https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/jmu...one-for-17
10-04-2017 04:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

RE: Injuries piling up
The injuries probably warranted a separate thread. Just linking some earlier discussions & summations from today
http://csnbbs.com/thread-828830-post-146...id14639308

http://csnbbs.com/thread-822925-post-146...id14643886
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2017 05:22 PM by BDKJMU.)
10-04-2017 05:21 PM
POTUS#4 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU
There’s something to be said for suspensions. At least those guys aren’t getting hurt. I’m in favor of strategic suspensions - 3 or 4 key players per game until the playoffs start.
10-04-2017 06:39 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

Injuries piling up
Many caa teams are also suffering their share of injuries to important players. Ndsu has had at least two season ending as well I believe.
10-04-2017 06:41 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

Villanova has also lost their preseason CAA Defensive Player of the Year corner (ACL) and their QB is also hurt, although I do not know how long Bednaryzk will be out. As Potomac mentioned lots of injuries all over.

Depth is a key and the Dukes seem to be in good shape depth wise so far!!

Brian
10-04-2017 08:01 PM
BSKB 24 Offline
All American

What is up with Kloosterman?
10-05-2017 11:03 AM
Advertisement

JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-05-2017 11:03 AM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  What is up with Kloosterman?

Reportedly he has mono. hopefully he will have a quick recovery.
10-05-2017 11:05 AM
Knit35 Offline
1st String

(10-05-2017 11:05 AM)JMURocks Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 11:03 AM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  What is up with Kloosterman?

Reportedly he has mono. hopefully he will have a quick recovery.

Agreed. Hopeful for a quick recovery but better yet a sound recovery. It would be nice to not have to bring him back quickly but ease him in to the end of the season and then thru the playoffs. He can have a relapse of mono if not treated and brought back to full strength well. Im sure the training and coaching staffs will ensure that happens.
10-05-2017 11:10 AM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Regarding mono, I recall when Chris Long was a freshman at Virginia, he contracted mono and not only did it wipe out his entire season, but he lost about 30-35 pounds in the process. Took him quite a while to build all that back up in weight/muscle.

I hope Kloo recovers as quickly as possible like everyone else. I'm also thinking it could be December before we get him back, if then. Glad Carlson & Cheatham have received some meaningful minutes in September as we are going to need them perhaps through the playoffs. We'll see...
10-05-2017 12:03 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

Interesting question re Kloo. If the Mono does wipe out his entire season could he apply for a medical redshirt if he felt like playing again next year? I do not know how something like an illness is treated versus a physical injury.

Brian
10-05-2017 02:15 PM
Bill Offline
1st String

(10-05-2017 12:03 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  Regarding mono, I recall when Chris Long was a freshman at Virginia, he contracted mono and not only did it wipe out his entire season, but he lost about 30-35 pounds in the process. Took him quite a while to build all that back up in weight/muscle.

That's what happened to me, I had mono in January of my freshman year and my hockey season was wiped out, spent 3 weeks bedridden, lost way too weight, muscle, stamina, took a long time to get back to 'fightin' shape'. And to this day I remember my doctor telling me that I was clear of mono but "90% is your new 100%". If Kloo has it like I had it, I'd say he's done this year.
10-05-2017 02:56 PM
Advertisement

BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

(10-05-2017 02:56 PM)Bill Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 12:03 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  Regarding mono, I recall when Chris Long was a freshman at Virginia, he contracted mono and not only did it wipe out his entire season, but he lost about 30-35 pounds in the process. Took him quite a while to build all that back up in weight/muscle.

That's what happened to me, I had mono in January of my freshman year and my hockey season was wiped out, spent 3 weeks bedridden, lost way too weight, muscle, stamina, took a long time to get back to 'fightin' shape'. And to this day I remember my doctor telling me that I was clear of mono but "90% is your new 100%". If Kloo has it like I had it, I'd say he's done this year.
If that were to be the case (hopefully not of course) then maybe the 2 game suspension would be a blessing in disguise. Because without it he would have played in 4 games instead of only 2. I imagine (not sure) if you have played in 4 games you are ineligible for a med redshirt, but if have played in only 2 games can still get one. And to note he's a true senior, never had a redshirt season.
10-05-2017 06:08 PM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

As of what's been publicly reported, amongst the 2 deep, down 5 starters and 2 two deep for up to the whole season:
Definitely out for the season
-Starting RT rSo Tyree Chavious: Started almost all of playoffs, achilles injury in summer.

-2 deep corner Jr Charles Tutt (Torn ACL during summer).

-Starting RB rSr Cardon Johnson (2015 2nd team All CAA). Started 1st 3 games, 265 yards vs ECU. Achilles injury (also missed last 6 games of 2016 with Achilles injury).

-Starting RG rSo Gerren Butler: Started 1st 4 games, torn ACL.

Likely Out for the season (as per Houston quotes in JMURivals article):
-Returning starting ILB Jr Dimitri HollowaY: Foot injury in NC game, offseason surgery, (16 tackles in semis vs NDSU, started opener vs ECU), but reaggravated? injury.

-2 deep OLB Robert Carter: Pre season All CAA special teams. Played 1st 3 games, had surgery for ?? mid Sept.

-2 deep TE Nick Carlton: Started the 4 games when Kloosterman was our. Someone on the W&M game Thread posted torn hamstring, done for year.

Starters who missed a game(s):
-Pre season All CAA/All American TE Sr Jonathon Kloosterman, suspended 1st 2 games, played 2, then sat out 2 games with an illness..

-Starting WR Sr John Miller: Missed Maine and UD games to injury. Back for VU game?

-Starting WR rSr Hyman: Missed Maine game due to leg infection

Suspended 1st 4 games:
-Starting rSr WR Terrence Alls, 2016 2nd team All CAA.

-2 deep LB Sr Brandon Hereford. Started 6 games 2016, returning leading tackler.

-2 deep/now starting replacing Butler at RG rSr Nick Edwards.

-2 deep corner Sr Justin Bethea.

So if poster/fan from another team complains on this or another board about their injuries/missing players, just show them this..
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2017 05:16 PM by BDKJMU.)
10-05-2017 06:36 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

BDK, Fr Marcus Hawkins was also suspended for the ECU game.
10-05-2017 06:44 PM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

(10-05-2017 06:44 PM)Potomac Wrote:  BDK, Fr Marcus Hawkins was also suspended for the ECU game.
I edited my post to say "amongst the 2 deep". Hawkins not listed on the 2 deep for the UD game, don't recall him being listed on the 2 deep for ETSU, NSU, or Maine (didn't go back to look). Count about 36 players under the defensive stats, don't see his name. Has he even played? Is he redshirting? Injured? Odd, because I thought he was suppose to have been one of the top recruits for this past class.
10-05-2017 06:55 PM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

(10-04-2017 06:41 PM)Potomac Wrote:  Many caa teams are also suffering their share of injuries to important players. Ndsu has had at least two season ending as well I believe.
I knew NDSU had lost in the summer their pre season AA/Buchanan candidate de end for the season. Didn't know they had lost Nick Deluca (probably th best LB in I-AA) last month to a partial meniscus tear. Sounds like he'll be back in a week or 2. Question is is will he back for their big showdown @ YSU on 10/14. The article mentions how he missed most of last season to injury, and how he would have made a difference in the JMU loss..
https://herosports.com/fcs/football-ndsu...eturn-bzbz
10-05-2017 07:23 PM
Advertisement

jmuroadwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU albany
(10-05-2017 06:55 PM)BDKJMU Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 06:44 PM)Potomac Wrote:  BDK, Fr Marcus Hawkins was also suspended for the ECU game.
I edited my post to say "amongst the 2 deep". Hawkins not listed on the 2 deep for the UD game, don't recall him being listed on the 2 deep for ETSU, NSU, or Maine (didn't go back to look). Count about 36 players under the defensive stats, don't see his name. Has he even played? Is he redshirting? Injured? Odd, because I thought he was suppose to have been one of the top recruits for this past class.

He has not been in pads so it appears he is being redshirted.
10-05-2017 07:23 PM
Jay M. Youix Offline
1st String

Injuries piling up
(10-05-2017 07:23 PM)BDKJMU Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 06:41 PM)Potomac Wrote:  Many caa teams are also suffering their share of injuries to important players. Ndsu has had at least two season ending as well I believe.
Didn't know they had lost Nick Deluca (probably th best LB in I-AA) last month to a partial meniscus tear. Sounds like he'll be back in a week or 2.

huh?? Deluca started last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-05-2017 09:48 PM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

(10-05-2017 09:48 PM)Jay M. Youix Wrote:  
Didn't know they had lost Nick Deluca (probably th best LB in I-AA) last month to a partial meniscus tear. Sounds like he'll be back in a week or 2.

The article was written on Sept 19, and made it sound like he wouldn't be back until sometime in Oct. I didn't even know he got hurt until Potomac mentioned they lost a couple guys and I searched "NDSU, injuries" and came across the 2 week old article and see he hurt his knee about 2 weeks prior to that article back in early Sept. No article popped up that he had returned, and I'm not following the MVFC that closely (outside of scores) to have noticed he had played against MVFC cellar dweller Mo State.
10-05-2017 10:12 PM
gumby013 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: North Dakota St
(10-05-2017 10:12 PM)BDKJMU Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 09:48 PM)Jay M. Youix Wrote:  

The article was written on Sept 19, and made it sound like he wouldn't be back until sometime in Oct. I didn't even know he got hurt until Potomac mentioned they lost a couple guys and I searched "NDSU, injuries" and came across the 2 week old article and see he hurt his knee about 2 weeks prior to that article back in early Sept. No article popped up that he had returned, and I'm not following the MVFC that closely (outside of scores) to have noticed he had played against MVFC cellar dweller Mo State.

Deluca had a partially torn meniscus and was out a few weeks.
10-06-2017 10:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.