Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Louisville on the way out?
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
Lexington-Herald writer Mark Short tries to justify Louisville's continued membership in the ACC by throwing dirt on Carolina's on going NCAA investigation.
Louisville must really be feeling the heat.
The Cardinals didn't do themselves any favors when they named Rick Pitino's assistant David Padgett as their interim head coach. Promoting a deputy Fox to guard the same hen house is no way to boost confidence that the program will be heading in another direction.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/spt-colum...46751.html

This isn't over, and it's going to get ugly.
Louisville just lost Carolina's vote.
10-04-2017 04:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rednblackattack Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL
RE: Louisville on the way out?
No. Stop reading tabloids
10-04-2017 05:36 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
So you're saying Louisville lost UNC support due to an article from a Lexington, Kentucky columnist...ok...
10-04-2017 06:19 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
If UNC tries to boot Louisville, I doubt it would succeed... and the Tar Heels would risk losing any influence they previously had with the other members schools in the process.

Beware trying to kick out a member of the country club. You're right, things could get VERY UGLY.
10-04-2017 07:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(10-04-2017 07:10 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  If UNC tries to boot Louisville, I doubt it would succeed... and the Tar Heels would risk losing any influence they previously had with the other members schools in the process.

Beware trying to kick out a member of the country club. You're right, things could get VERY UGLY.

It's best not to throw mud when you could use some support.

Baylor hired Jim Grobe from outside to start the culture change, Louisville promotes an assistant for continuity.

https://pilotonline.com/sports/columnist...60934.html

NCAA should hand Louisville the death penalty, and ACC should kick Cards to the curb
The ACC should also reverse the mistake it made in 2014, kick Louisville to the curb and invite UConn to replace the Cardinals.

Yes, it would be messy. And no, UConn football isn’t very good, though it surely would improve in the ACC.

It would be a painful divorce, but doing the right thing often involves pain.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2017 07:22 AM by XLance.)
10-04-2017 07:20 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-04-2017 07:20 AM)XLance Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 07:10 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  If UNC tries to boot Louisville, I doubt it would succeed... and the Tar Heels would risk losing any influence they previously had with the other members schools in the process.

Baylor hired Jim Grobe from outside to start the culture change, Louisville promotes an assistant for continuity.

NCAA should hand Louisville the death penalty, and ACC should kick Cards to the curb
The ACC should also reverse the mistake it made in 2014, kick Louisville to the curb and invite UConn to replace the Cardinals.

Yes, it would be messy. And no, UConn football isn’t very good, though it surely would improve in the ACC.

1. Baylor didn't face the issue of practice starting within days of hiring Grobe.

2. If this is the standard than a quarter of the conference faces the same...from your link:

Syracuse, Louisville and Miami have all been sanctioned since joining the league. North Carolina will receive sanctions for its academic scandal later this fall.

Through it all, the ACC has preferred to allow the NCAA to investigate and then work with the schools to ensure no more issues arise. That didn’t work at Louisville.
10-04-2017 07:26 AM
Advertisement

8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU
Does the ACC replace UL with WV or UCONN?
10-04-2017 07:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports

Do you know how many votes are required to expel a member? This isn't going to happen.
10-04-2017 07:28 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-04-2017 07:28 AM)ken d Wrote:  

Do you know how many votes are required to expel a member? This isn't going to happen.

11 out of 14....the bar is very high...as it is for most leagues...i.e Baylor and the Big XII & Penn State and the B1G
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2017 07:47 AM by Maize.)
10-04-2017 07:30 AM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
Well, if the ACC booted UofL, the combo of Cincy and us to the Big 12 becomes viable.
UConn to the ACC.
Not what I would prefer but not a bad landing spot.
10-04-2017 07:53 AM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
(10-04-2017 07:53 AM)Dasville Wrote:  Well, if the ACC booted UofL, the combo of Cincy and us to the Big 12 becomes viable.
UConn to the ACC.

As I said earlier, Louisville isn't going to be expelled. If they were to decide that they made a mistake by joining the ACC (which I think is highly unlikely) I believe they could negotiate a departure that minimizes exit penalties under the current circumstances.

Even then, I doubt UConn could muster the votes to replace them.
10-04-2017 08:07 AM
Advertisement

Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
(10-04-2017 06:19 AM)Maize Wrote:  So you're saying Louisville lost UNC support due to an article from a Lexington, Kentucky columnist...ok...

I think X is getting desperate/delusional here if he thinks a LEXINGTON journalist reflects on the city and/or the University of LOUISVILLE. For a dose of reality X, no one in Lexington will ever do anything to help the UofL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-04-2017 08:50 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-04-2017 08:50 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 06:19 AM)Maize Wrote:  So you're saying Louisville lost UNC support due to an article from a Lexington, Kentucky columnist...ok...

I think X is getting desperate/delusional here if he thinks a LEXINGTON journalist reflects on the city and/or the University of LOUISVILLE. For a dose of reality X, no one in Lexington will ever do anything to help the UofL.

Plus 3...A Kentucky backer columnist is the one throwing shade at UNC....Not Louisville...we just want to take our due punishment...clean up this mess and be a good citizen of the ACC.
10-04-2017 08:53 AM
MegaCard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Connecticut sucks at every major sport these days (unless you count Women's hoops).

With all of the baggage that Louisville has brought upon themselves the last two years, I still can't see Clemson and Florida State getting hyped on going up to East Hartford, CT every two years to play a football game.
10-04-2017 09:08 AM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(10-04-2017 07:53 AM)Dasville Wrote:  Well, if the ACC booted UofL, the combo of Cincy and us to the Big 12 becomes viable.
UConn to the ACC.

Not that I think Louisville would be booted from the ACC because that seems to unrealistic at this point. But what makes you think the Big12 would invite a Louisville program that is facing massive legal, and NCAA issues if they were booted from the ACC? And why would Cincy prefer the Big12 if an ACC invite is on the line? If Louisville left the ACC, Im sure Cincy or WV would get looks well before Uconn.
10-04-2017 09:09 AM
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
Ugh! An editorial complaining about another editorial. It is way to early to be talking about evicting members. We can revisit the subject, if necessary, when we get all of the facts.

This is a watershed moment for Louisville. They can come out of this is a better position, distance themselves from their in-state rivals, and isolate themselves from political pressure... if they do the right thing. I understand why they appointed Padgett but they need to move quickly to replace him with an outsider. It will be hard on the players but that is unavoidable. Louisville needs to hire an independent to investigate every player and coach in every sport. This isn't about giving a kids mom a t-shirt or making too many calls to a recruit. This is a major fraud investigation by the FBI.
10-04-2017 09:22 AM
Advertisement

8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU
UConn to the ACC.

So the Big 12 replaces a scandal plagued Baylor with a scandal plagued UL or adds to it?
10-04-2017 09:25 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-04-2017 09:22 AM)Wolfman Wrote:  Ugh! An editorial complaining about another editorial. It is way to early to be talking about evicting members. We can revisit the subject, if necessary, when we get all of the facts.

This is a watershed moment for Louisville. They can come out of this is a better position, distance themselves from their in-state rivals, and isolate themselves from political pressure... if they do the right thing. I understand why they appointed Padgett but they need to move quickly to replace him with an outsider. It will be hard on the players but that is unavoidable. Louisville needs to hire an independent to investigate every player and coach in every sport. This isn't about giving a kids mom a t-shirt or making too many calls to a recruit. This is a major fraud investigation by the FBI.

Completely agree...if done correctly long term can rebrand our image...
10-04-2017 09:27 AM
ArQ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Pitt/Louisville
(10-04-2017 08:50 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  

Do SEC expel Auburn and South Carolina? Do PAC12 expel Southern Cal and Arizona? Do ACC expel Miami as well?

Almost everybody competitive is doing it. Louisville is just one of the unlucky few getting caught.
10-04-2017 09:34 AM
JerryJeff Offline
All American

I Root For:

That sounds a lot like buyer's remorse.
10-04-2017 09:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.