Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Doctor Postel's blistering letter to Tom Jurich
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
Here's the link. I doubt Jurich will be hired back.

Jurich
10-02-2017 12:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
RE: Doctor Postel's blistering letter to Tom Jurich
For those that think politics was not intimately involved in the rise of the University of Louisville and the attempted demise of the University of Louisville they can not be more mistaken. The shear fact that Mitch loves UofL and the Beshears hate UofL and Bevin wants to drain the swamp can not be lost on appointments of BOT and the activity of the FBI.

It's all there.
10-02-2017 12:30 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

(10-02-2017 12:30 PM)Dasville Wrote:  For those that think politics was not intimately involved in the rise of the University of Louisville and the attempted demise of the University of Louisville they can not be more mistaken. The shear fact that Mitch loves UofL and the Beshears hate UofL and Bevin wants to drain the swamp can not be lost on appointments of BOT and the activity of the FBI.

It's all there.

Indeed it is. 07-coffee3
10-02-2017 03:01 PM
krux Offline
Banned

I'm sorry. Tom did a lot for the school and Bevin is a goon but this needed to happen. Too many scandals. It's time for him to go.
10-02-2017 10:06 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

(10-02-2017 10:06 PM)krux Wrote:  I'm sorry. Tom did a lot for the school and Bevin is a goon but this needed to happen. Too many scandals. It's time for him to go.

I agree CRP should have been allowed to retire immediately but TJ doesn't deserve this. Basketball is only program that has caused trouble. This is a money grab by the State pure and simple. When the projected interim AD shows up wearing UK blue, kinda hard not to be suspicious. Just shows a lack of awareness.......
Or it was a message.
10-03-2017 07:24 AM
MegaCard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Postel has to go.
10-03-2017 07:37 AM
Advertisement

Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I've heard numerous people within the UofL AD turned down the interim AD position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-03-2017 08:08 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
(10-03-2017 08:08 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  I've heard numerous people within the UofL AD turned down the interim AD position.

So Tyra turned it down.....
10-03-2017 08:59 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-03-2017 07:37 AM)MegaCard Wrote:  Postel has to go.

To me...the healing would be for Postel to go....but I also don't want Jurich back and would not shed a tear if Petrino ends up at Tennessee...Louisville needs IMO a complete fresh start...what has gone on since 2013 is embarrassing.

Louisville Basketball long term will be fine...and with the facilities and the fanbase Louisville Football can attract a good coach-(Jeff Brohm)
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2017 09:02 AM by Maize.)
10-03-2017 09:01 AM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

(10-03-2017 07:24 AM)Dasville Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 10:06 PM)krux Wrote:  I'm sorry. Tom did a lot for the school and Bevin is a goon but this needed to happen. Too many scandals. It's time for him to go.

I agree CRP should have been allowed to retire immediately but TJ doesn't deserve this. Basketball is only program that has caused trouble. This is a money grab by the State pure and simple. When the projected interim AD shows up wearing UK blue, kinda hard not to be suspicious. Just shows a lack of awareness.......
Or it was a message.

Before Tom took over the UofL was on the verge of being kicked out of CUSA. CUSA! Let that sink in for a bit. Under Jurich the UofL was able to grow the athletic program & its academics to the point were the university was able to join the prestigious ACC. Certainly more oversight is needed over the AD but I don't think that you could find a better leader for the AD than Jurich. Clean house on the basketball side absolutely. Require Tom to meet regularly with the board & the president. Regarding the Adidas deal, Tom released proof through his lawyer that he met 11 times with the presidents (Pinto & Postel) regarding the negotiations, the good doctor needs to stop lying. These two men need to find a way to work together.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2017 09:25 AM by Lenvillecards.)
10-03-2017 09:08 AM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

(10-03-2017 09:08 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 07:24 AM)Dasville Wrote:  

Or it was a message.

Before Tom took over the UofL was on the verge of being kicked out of CUSA. CUSA! Let that sink in for a bit. Under Jurich the UofL was able to grow the athletic program & its academics to the point were the university was able to join the prestigious ACC. Certainly more oversight is needed over the AD but I don't think that you could find a better leader for the AD than Jurich. Clean house on the basketball side absolutely. Require Tom to meet regularly with the board & the president. Regarding the Adidas deal, Tom released proof through his lawyer that he met 11 times with the presidents (Pinto & Postel) regarding the negotiations, the good doctor needs to stop lying. These two men need to find a way to work together.

I can't see them working together. We need to take TJ off suspension in short order and have TJ report directly to the BoT until a new President is hired.
10-03-2017 09:50 AM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I think Postel is out to destroy Louisville Athletics. UK is now threatened greatly by Louisville being in the ACC. 07-coffee3
10-03-2017 01:07 PM
CrazyPaco Offline
All American

I Root For:
Honestly, it is absolutely mind-boggling that anyone is even having a discussion about keeping Jurich. Postel's letter is spot on in regards to how things should be approached. The optics on Louisville were very bad before, now, you are in SMU territory, or worse, with the stigma that is attaching to your institution. Frankly, it is unfathomable that he would be retained.

Right now, the outside perception of your school, overall as an institution, is tainted and just about as poor as it can get. Fair or not to have been singled out with the FBI probe story, it doesn't matter, and it matters not one whit what UK is doing or has done. I know you may not like reading that, but you need to step back an think about the overall institution and the role it plays in your community, and the corruption that appears to have been systemic. This goes beyond basketball and even athletics.

The university needs to clean house from top to bottom.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2017 04:51 PM by CrazyPaco.)
10-03-2017 04:43 PM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

(10-03-2017 01:07 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  I think Postel is out to destroy Louisville Athletics. UK is now threatened greatly by Louisville being in the ACC. 07-coffee3

I'm not willing to go that far, as to say that there's a conspiracy to destroy Louisville athletics. Dr Postel has been with the UofL for 23 years, serving as the Vice President of Health Affairs. I wouldn't say that he's a huge fan of athletics but I would attribute that more to his academic values. He has done a good job guiding the university through its accreditation probation.

10-03-2017 04:45 PM
krux Offline
Banned

Seems to me like Postel has just been doing the dirty work everyone else has been afraid to do. It's hard to confront and challenge someone with TJs stature but it obviously needed to be done. I appreciate everything Jurich did for UofL but once you're in the spotlight you go under the microscope. Now that everything is magnified the whole world can see he begged, borrowed and stole our way to the top. Game over. Time to move on.

Everyone seems to be cool with the Tyra hiring but he played at UK. Believe it or not most people can put school allegiance aside to do their job. Pitino coached at UK too need I remind you. It sucks but it's true. To shoot the guy trying to help us right the ship. He's not the one that started these scandals.
10-03-2017 04:47 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-03-2017 04:43 PM)CrazyPaco Wrote:  Honestly, it is absolutely mind-boggling that anyone is even having a discussion about keeping Jurich. Postel's letter is spot on in regards to how things should be approached. The optics on Louisville were very bad before, now, you are in SMU territory, or worse, with the stigma that is attaching to your institution. Frankly, it is unfathomable that he would be retained.

Right now, the outside perception of your school, overall as an institution, is tainted and just about as poor as it can get. Fair or not to have been singled out with the FBI probe story, it doesn't matter, and it matters not one whit what UK is doing or has done. I know you may not like reading that, but you need to step back an think about the overall institution and the role it plays in your community, and the corruption that appears to have been systemic. This goes beyond basketball and even athletics.

^^^^
THIS!!
10-03-2017 08:20 PM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-03-2017 04:47 PM)krux Wrote:  Seems to me like Postel has just been doing the dirty work everyone else has been afraid to do. It's hard to confront and challenge someone with TJs stature but it obviously needed to be done. I appreciate everything Jurich did for UofL but once you're in the spotlight you go under the microscope. Now that everything is magnified the whole world can see he begged, borrowed and stole our way to the top. Game over. Time to move on.

Everyone seems to be cool with the Tyra hiring but he played at UK. Believe it or not most people can put school allegiance aside to do their job. Pitino coached at UK too need I remind you. It sucks but it's true. To shoot the guy trying to help us right the ship. He's not the one that started these scandals.

Completely agree...time to move on from this utter mess...
10-03-2017 08:21 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

Well, we see how this will shake out and soon. 07-coffee3
10-03-2017 08:42 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

(10-03-2017 04:43 PM)CrazyPaco Wrote:  Honestly, it is absolutely mind-boggling that anyone is even having a discussion about keeping Jurich. Postel's letter is spot on in regards to how things should be approached. The optics on Louisville were very bad before, now, you are in SMU territory, or worse, with the stigma that is attaching to your institution. Frankly, it is unfathomable that he would be retained.

The corruption was with the illegal board and Beshear. Let's see, Postel has been at the University for 23 years. Sounds like he may have been part of the problem. There is only 1 sports program that is giving us trouble and the coach and his assistants should be and have been relieved of duties. Our accreditation is in no danger much to the disappointment of Andy Beshear. Our BOT is now legal (not that I agree with all of them). Tom Jurich's only fault is that he fights a little too hard for his coaches and isn't afraid to jump in the fox hole with them. What a horrible trait (unless your a coach). I give two craps what others think of us. We've been disrespected, discounted and taken advantage of as an University almost our entire existence and despite that have steadfastly risen in the ranks academically and athletically.

Jurich is only an asset. He is, in no way a liability.

That's my 2 cents and I am blessed to have a child that is a student there so we have skin in the game.
10-03-2017 09:07 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-03-2017 09:07 PM)Dasville Wrote:  

The corruption was with the illegal board and Beshear. Let's see, Postel has been at the University for 23 years. Sounds like he may have been part of the problem. There is only 1 sports program that is giving us trouble and the coach and his assistants should be and have been relieved of duties. Our accreditation is in no danger much to the disappointment of Andy Beshear. Our BOT is now legal (not that I agree with all of them). Tom Jurich's only fault is that he fights a little too hard for his coaches and isn't afraid to jump in the fox hole with them. What a horrible trait (unless your a coach). I give two craps what others think of us. We've been disrespected, discounted and taken advantage of as an University almost our entire existence and despite that have steadfastly risen in the ranks academically and athletically.

Jurich is only an asset. He is, in no way a liability.

That's my 2 cents and I am blessed to have a child that is a student there so we have skin in the game.

According to the SACS the current Governor-(Matt Bevins) was also at fault...also, TJ is ultimately responsible...it is his department that one of the revenue sports is now eligible for the Death Penalty...
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2017 09:53 PM by Maize.)
10-03-2017 09:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.