Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Brett McMurphy: NIU= No class
Bookmark and Share
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Brett McMurphy: NIU= No class
Pretty brutal bush league play by Northern Illinois LB, Antonio Jones Davis. He intentionally pokes a San Diego St. player in the eye. Some calling for suspension/kicked off team. Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/statu...0448238592
09-30-2017 10:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

RE: Brett McMurphy: NIU= No class
The least NIU could do is pull off this upset against a fellow Great Five member.
09-30-2017 11:00 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

Almost as bad as the Troy Trojans, but not quite...

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/statu...5259796480
09-30-2017 11:01 PM
numbersdontlie Offline
Livin in a van down by the river.

I Root For: NIU
(09-30-2017 10:59 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  Pretty brutal bush league play by Northern Illinois LB, Antonio Jones Davis. He intentionally pokes a San Diego St. player in the eye. Some calling for suspension/kicked off team. Thoughts?

Kids make mistakes. Don't think he played the rest of the game. Was it dirty? Yes, but a teachable moment. Throwing someone off the team is a bit much.
10-01-2017 01:52 AM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
(10-01-2017 01:52 AM)numbersdontlie Wrote:  
(09-30-2017 10:59 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  Pretty brutal bush league play by Northern Illinois LB, Antonio Jones Davis. He intentionally pokes a San Diego St. player in the eye. Some calling for suspension/kicked off team. Thoughts?

Kids make mistakes. Don't think he played the rest of the game. Was it dirty? Yes, but a teachable moment. Throwing someone off the team is a bit much.

Carey will deal with it, whats classless also is throwing a university under a bus because of one idiotic move by one player If I didn't click the link I would have thought a McMurphy was breakfast value meal number 7
10-01-2017 01:55 AM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
I didn't see the play since I was driving home listening on the radio but I'm pretty sure a SDSU player got ejected for targeting and one of them had a late hit on our QB when he was out of bounds. Sounds like dirty play all around but just one guy got singled out.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2017 06:56 AM by epasnoopy.)
10-01-2017 06:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(10-01-2017 06:50 AM)epasnoopy Wrote:  I didn't see the play since I was driving home listening on the radio but I'm pretty sure a SDSU player got ejected for targeting and one of them had a late hit on our QB when he was out of bounds. Sounds like dirty play all around but just one guy got singled out.

Yep.
10-01-2017 09:12 AM
epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

Rocky Long seems like an understandable guy. He mentioned that lots of things happen in the pile and in his days even worse things would happen. You play an aggressive sport and things are bound to get chippy. Learn from your mistake, apologize, and continue to do right.
10-01-2017 10:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

Well since this is a universal sports message board, I figured I'd discuss it on here with fellow sports bloggers. I don't post on here to "single anyone out" or "throw a University under the bus." Just wanted to discuss some fooseball. Sensitive much, NIU?
10-01-2017 10:50 AM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

I think you'll see some NIU fans reeling. We had too many mistakes but beat them on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. Despite four turnovers including a INT for TD, two INTs in the red zone, and giving a TD on the opening kickoff we had the chance to win. If we keep the ball on the ground on that 2nd from last possession we win. Our offense was wearing them down, Huff was running like he was on a mission, we were eating clock, and still had two timeouts. Then we decided to get smart and throw the ball...
10-01-2017 11:04 AM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

(10-01-2017 11:04 AM)epasnoopy Wrote:  I think you'll see some NIU fans reeling. We had too many mistakes but beat them on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. Despite four turnovers including a INT for TD, two INTs in the red zone, and giving a TD on the opening kickoff we had the chance to win. If we keep the ball on the ground on that 2nd from last possession we win. Our offense was wearing them down, Huff was running like he was on a mission, we were eating clock, and still had two timeouts. Then we decided to get smart and throw the ball...

Agreed. What was up with your QB and all those INTs, especially in crucial situations. Is he a freshman? I saw Graham on the sideline in street clothes (he's your usual starter, right?).
10-01-2017 11:46 AM
RocketJeff Offline
Heisman

I'm pretty sure it's legal as long as you say, "Nuk nuk nuk" while you're doing it.
10-01-2017 12:28 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(10-01-2017 10:50 AM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  Well since this is a universal sports message board, I figured I'd discuss it on here with fellow sports bloggers. I don't post on here to "single anyone out" or "throw a University under the bus." Just wanted to discuss some fooseball. Sensitive much, NIU?

Pretty sure he was referring to Brett McMurphy's comments, not you.
10-01-2017 12:30 PM
Advertisement

NIU007 Offline
Legend

(10-01-2017 11:46 AM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 11:04 AM)epasnoopy Wrote:  I think you'll see some NIU fans reeling. We had too many mistakes but beat them on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. Despite four turnovers including a INT for TD, two INTs in the red zone, and giving a TD on the opening kickoff we had the chance to win. If we keep the ball on the ground on that 2nd from last possession we win. Our offense was wearing them down, Huff was running like he was on a mission, we were eating clock, and still had two timeouts. Then we decided to get smart and throw the ball...

Agreed. What was up with your QB and all those INTs, especially in crucial situations. Is he a freshman? I saw Graham on the sideline in street clothes (he's your usual starter, right?).

He's a sophomore but hasn't played much because our coach kept thinking Graham was a better QB than either Santacaterina or Maddie (last year). Even this year it was a 3-way competition at QB before the season. I think he's still learning and too impatient. But he can hit deep throws whereas Graham's missing wide open receivers deep against BC cost us the game, along with a missed FG and puzzling play calling at important times of the game.
10-01-2017 12:33 PM
epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

(10-01-2017 11:46 AM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  

Santa had played great through the first 3 quarters but he is pretty inexperienced because Carey and staff were adamant on Ryan Graham being the starting QB (the same guy they benched last year because we were losing to WIU). Ryan Graham got injured in the first game against BC (He was pretty terrible in that game missing short and long throws most of the game). Santa became the starter due to Graham's injury and was 5-0 as a starter up until this game (2-0 last year). I think he was just forcing it and trying too hard to win the game but we honestly aren't even in that game without his deep ball accuracy most of the night. The coaching staff really had no need to put Santa in that position with Huff running over SDSU defenders all night and you could see that he was determined to get in the end zone and win us the game.
10-01-2017 02:09 PM
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

I am a 1975 NIU grad and put me in the camp that demands more than a one game suspension. I have a already emailed our AD letting him know that for the first time in a long time I am ashamed of the team. They cannot dither on this, they need to act swiftly.
10-01-2017 04:04 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

(10-01-2017 04:04 PM)bikechuck Wrote:  I am a 1975 NIU grad and put me in the camp that demands more than a one game suspension. I have a already emailed our AD letting him know that for the first time in a long time I am ashamed of the team. They cannot dither on this, they need to act swiftly.

Yea, he might seem like a "good guy" but one game seems like a bandaid rather than a punishment for what he did.
10-01-2017 08:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.