Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Basketball Trouble for Schools
Bookmark and Share
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
Has anyone seen all that has been going down in the world of college basketball? Without going into all the details, the FBI is arresting people who have either taken money to direct recruits to certain schools or certain agents and the money is coming from the shoe companies (Adidas, Nike, Under Armor, etc.).

Do you think Liberty is going to be in trouble for this? What do you think the end result will be?
09-28-2017 08:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
RE: Basketball Trouble for Schools
(09-28-2017 08:59 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  Has anyone seen all that has been going down in the world of college basketball? Without going into all the details, the FBI is arresting people who have either taken money to direct recruits to certain schools or certain agents and the money is coming from the shoe companies (Adidas, Nike, Under Armor, etc.).

Do you think Liberty is going to be in trouble for this? What do you think the end result will be?

No, I think they've already hit everyone they planned to. This is going to be P5 schools trying to get an edge in recruiting. Liberty is too far down on the basketball totem pole to have any elite prospects getting paid 100k.
09-28-2017 09:09 PM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
As far as end result will be a bunch of sanctions and those involved getting jail time.
09-28-2017 09:10 PM
GE and MTS Offline

I think this will be far more reaching than the schools that have already been hit. Nobody at Louisville was arrested but they fired Rick Pitino and their AD Tom Jurich. This will probably be largely a P5 problem but who knows? Richie McKay really improved recruiting during his time here. I believe those who were arrested will throw a lot of people under the bus to get lighter sentences.
09-29-2017 05:37 AM
Advertisement

army56mike Online

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
(09-28-2017 09:09 PM)Ewglenn Wrote:  No, I think they've already hit everyone they planned to.

I don't believe so. I think there will be many more schools and many more people named. But that's just my opinion.

I do not believe Liberty will be implicated in any of this. First and foremost, I like to believe we are more ethical and live by our faith than that. Second, we have had no big recruits.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2017 04:35 PM by army56mike.)
10-01-2017 04:32 PM
SlyFox Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty
More schools will be implicated as the shoe folks start turning on the college coaches to cover their own exposure.
10-02-2017 08:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SlyFox Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty
NewsAdvance.com Wrote:LU 's McKay: We try to run a program that is above reproach

Damien Sordelett

College basketball teams officially began practices this past Friday with a dark, ominous cloud hanging over the sport. A corruption and bribery scandal spearheaded by the FBI led to the arrests of 10 people about one week ago.

Liberty coach Ritchie McKay, who is in the third season of his second stint with the program, said he didn’t “have a reaction” to the news before the Flames began practices Friday, other than he feels for the families and “guys that have done what they’ve done.”

“I do think I’m challenged by the insinuation that all of college basketball is like this,” he said. “Obviously we try to run a program that is above reproach. I worked for Tony Bennett for six years [at the University of Virginia]. I wouldn’t have even thought of that in terms of someone from that stuff doing anything negatively. There’s a sense of freedom in that. I think there’s problems in every industry and this one just got a big, bright light shone on it.”

Click Here for Full Story
10-03-2017 01:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GE and MTS Offline

I hope Liberty is clean. McKay is saying the right thing and I believe him. Having said that, almost nothing will surprise me.
10-03-2017 06:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.