Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Trump Tax Plan
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU
Trump Tax Plan
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/t...smsnnews11

Quote:President Donald Trump and congressional Republicans are proposing a far-reaching, $5 trillion plan Wednesday that would cut taxes for corporations and potentially for individuals, simplify the tax system and nearly double the standard deduction used by most Americans.
-----
There are no details on how much it would cost, though back-of-the-envelope estimates by outside experts put the tax cuts in the range of $5 trillion over the next 10 years. The net cost to the federal debt would be far less — probably in the range of $1.5 trillion under deal put together by Senate Budget Committee Republicans — and the real battles will come as lawmakers quarrel over which tax breaks might be eliminated to help pay the balance.
-----
The plan would collapse the number of personal tax brackets from seven to three.

The individual tax rates would be 12 percent, 25 percent and 35 percent — and the plan recommends a surcharge for the very wealthy. But it doesn't set the income levels at which the rates would apply, so it's unclear just how much of a tax change there might be for a typical family, and whether its taxes would be reduced.
-----
The plan would nearly double the standard deduction to $12,000 for individuals and $24,000 for families. This basically would increase the amount of personal income that is tax-free.

Deductions for mortgage interest and charitable giving would remain, but the plan seeks to end most other itemized deductions that can reduce how much affluent families pay.
-----
The plan would retain existing tax benefits for college and retirement savings such as 401(k) contribution plans.

It would seek to help families by calling for an increased child tax credit and opening it to families with higher incomes. The credit currently is $1,000 per child.

Also proposed is a new tax credit of $500 to help pay for the care of the elderly and the sick who are claimed as dependents by the taxpayer.

The estate tax — which is paid by those with multimillion-inheritances — would be eliminated
-----
Corporations would see their top tax rate cut from 35 percent to 20 percent. For a period of five years, companies could further reduce how much they pay by immediately writing off their investments.

New benefits would be given to firms in which the profits double as the owners' personal income. They would pay at a 25 percent rate, down 39.6 percent.
09-27-2017 02:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hood-rich Offline

RE: Trump Tax Plan
Looks like a big fat "W" to me.
09-27-2017 02:28 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
ARRRRGH!

Quote:There are no details on how much it would cost,

Americans keeping more of their hard earned money from the government is not a cost, it's a SAVINGS.
09-27-2017 02:33 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
im sure the GOP will screw this up somehow
09-27-2017 02:37 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
This will not address the end problem which is congress spending too much money. This will only make it worse because they will have less money to spend.

Therefore, massive deficits and larger debt.
09-27-2017 02:41 PM
WalkThePlank Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(09-27-2017 02:41 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  This will not address the end problem which is congress spending too much money. This will only make it worse because they will have less money to spend.

The debt will go up anyway. I'd rather have a more robust economy and keep what I earn.
09-27-2017 02:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(09-27-2017 02:44 PM)WalkThePlank Wrote:  
(09-27-2017 02:41 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  This will not address the end problem which is congress spending too much money. This will only make it worse because they will have less money to spend.

The debt will go up anyway. I'd rather have a more robust economy and keep what I earn.

If only there were a guarantee reducing corporate taxes would improve the economy. See Kansas.
09-27-2017 03:40 PM
WalkThePlank Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(09-27-2017 03:40 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

If only there were a guarantee reducing corporate taxes would improve the economy. See Kansas.

Each time we reduce the corporate tax rate more revenue flows into the federal government. Explain that.
09-27-2017 03:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
Everything Trump does seems like a W at first glance. Then all hell breaks loose. I'm done with his pie in the sky promises.
09-27-2017 04:53 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
I like this part: http://nypost.com/2017/09/27/trump-tax-p...ax-states/

"would remove state and local income and property taxes as deductions on federal returns."

This deduction always seemed to me that it was a handout to people in big coastal cities.
09-27-2017 06:20 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
What I love most about this plan is the elimination of state and local tax deductions. Tax and tax states like NY, MA, CA, NJ will find their economic policies will have to be fixed since they can't rob from the federal tax roles to pay for their bloated government programs.
09-27-2017 07:41 PM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
There isn't enough information for me to form an opinion.

Fewer tax brackets are more ideological than pragmatic.

This isn't much of a change on its face. It's a nip and a tuck.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2017 10:03 PM by HeartOfDixie.)
09-27-2017 10:03 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
I approve of this tax plan. Somehow I know the GOP will fck it up though.
09-28-2017 05:51 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(09-27-2017 02:33 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  ARRRRGH!

Quote:There are no details on how much it would cost,

Americans keeping more of their hard earned money from the government is not a cost, it's a SAVINGS.

Yeah, it amazes me how some people can actually think that people keeping their own money is actually a cost to the govt.
09-28-2017 08:44 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(09-27-2017 03:47 PM)WalkThePlank Wrote:  
(09-27-2017 03:40 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Each time we reduce the corporate tax rate more revenue flows into the federal government. Explain that.

I can't explain it because I don't believe it's ever happened. I suppose you have a link to back this up?
09-28-2017 08:50 AM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
Trump claims this helps middle and low income households, and not the "wealthy and well connected". He added this tax reform plan is "not good for me, believe me".

Don't believe this clown...

Quote:There are certain components that will obviously benefit the Trump family (at least two of whom work directly for Trump). Repealing the estate tax, for example, would save the Trump estate half a billion dollars by Bloomberg’s estimate — money that would then go to his heirs.

What’s more, as Wonkblog reports, Trump’s vague articulation that he’s protecting the non-rich but not the rich is not borne out by the details. “The wealthy get a tax cut,” our Heather Long writes. “They will pay only 35 percent on their income taxes (down from 39.6 percent). At the moment, this rate applies to any income above about $418,000.” If you make $500,000, in other words, you’ll save about $25,000 a year in taxes. What’s more, business gets a significant cut, which obviously benefits Trump through the Trump Organization (which still puts money in his pocket).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/poli...1#comments

Can someone elaborate how this doesn't benefit Trump and his family?
09-28-2017 09:27 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(09-28-2017 09:27 AM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  Trump claims this helps middle and low income households, and not the "wealthy and well connected". He added this tax reform plan is "not good for me, believe me".

Quote:There are certain components that will obviously benefit the Trump family (at least two of whom work directly for Trump). Repealing the estate tax, for example, would save the Trump estate half a billion dollars by Bloomberg’s estimate — money that would then go to his heirs.

What’s more, as Wonkblog reports, Trump’s vague articulation that he’s protecting the non-rich but not the rich is not borne out by the details. “The wealthy get a tax cut,” our Heather Long writes. “They will pay only 35 percent on their income taxes (down from 39.6 percent). At the moment, this rate applies to any income above about $418,000.” If you make $500,000, in other words, you’ll save about $25,000 a year in taxes. What’s more, business gets a significant cut, which obviously benefits Trump through the Trump Organization (which still puts money in his pocket).

how about thinking about all the others that have worked their arse off to accumulate wealth????

the estate tax is numero UNO in my book.....and there's a reason for that.....

all the rest is mere semantic juggling.....
09-28-2017 09:30 AM
Hood-rich Offline

(09-28-2017 09:27 AM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  Trump claims this helps middle and low income households, and not the "wealthy and well connected". He added this tax reform plan is "not good for me, believe me".

Good. People who take big risks, employ many and contribute much to society should be rewarded for their hard efforts.
09-28-2017 09:39 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(09-28-2017 09:27 AM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  Can someone elaborate how this doesn't benefit Trump and his family?

Are you suggesting that the tax plan is only legitimate if it doesn't benefit Trump and his family?
09-28-2017 09:41 AM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
(09-28-2017 09:41 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(09-28-2017 09:27 AM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  Can someone elaborate how this doesn't benefit Trump and his family?

Are you suggesting that the tax plan is only legitimate if it doesn't benefit Trump and his family?

I'm simply asking how this doesn't benefit Trump and his family.

He said it is "not good for me, believe me".

Why should I believe him?
09-28-2017 09:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.