Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Navy @ Tulsa
fanhood Offline
All American

I Root For: San Diego State
Navy @ Tulsa
This will be a very interesting game. Tulsa's offense has been good, but they struggled against UNM. Navy, naturally seems to run the ball very well, and has not truly been stopped thus far.

This game should be a shootout that will come down to the last drive.

Tulsa could still have a chance to win the AAC, if they can start with an early big win.
09-24-2017 08:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: Navy @ Tulsa
LOL good trolling
09-24-2017 09:01 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
i cant stand you and your delusions...

you need navy to look bad so sdsu looks better..so its a close game...

but had toledo blowing out tulsa when tulsa was still a threat to sdsu..a game toledo barely-barely won
now that tulsa is eliminated, they have a "chance to win the aac"
you posts are so see through

as far as the actual game it will be a 31-14 type score for navy ...not a shootout..not coming to the last play...tulsa offense scores alot when given a lot of drives..the offense overall isnt that efficent and its predictable

navy will easily move the ball on them, score on almost every drive take 6-8 minutes a drive..tulsa won't have many drives and won't score much
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2017 09:07 AM by pesik.)
09-24-2017 09:06 AM
Advertisement

fanhood Offline
All American

Pesik, your first few sentences were non-sensical. Seriously, hard to read, and I didn't understand them.

Anyway, for Navy fans, how is Navy's defense this year? The only game I watched was FAU. Can they stop the Tulsa running game?
09-24-2017 09:14 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
The real question is, will SDSU win a really weak MWC? And if you do, what does it really gain you?
09-24-2017 09:15 AM
Advertisement

Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
Navy @ Tulsa
(09-24-2017 09:15 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  The real question is, will SDSU win a really weak MWC? And if you do, what does it really gain you?

Uninvited to the Dairy Whip Bowl
09-24-2017 09:18 AM
fanhood Offline
All American

(09-24-2017 09:15 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  The real question is, will SDSU win a really weak MWC? And if you do, what does it really gain you?

I think so.

Tulsa punched above their weight OOC. But as many on this board say, Tulsa reloads on offense, and is a threat to beat everyone on any day. I think they have a legit chance to win the West, due to their Spread power running game.
09-24-2017 11:23 AM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
(09-24-2017 11:23 AM)fanhood Wrote:  

I think so.

Tulsa punched above their weight OOC. But as many on this board say, Tulsa reloads on offense, and is a threat to beat everyone on any day. I think they have a legit chance to win the West, due to their Spread power running game.

but had zero chance to beat toledo according to you... 07-coffee3
ridiculous

upset someone? sure...in a power ranking in the west you have to have them last right now
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2017 11:27 AM by pesik.)
09-24-2017 11:26 AM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
(09-24-2017 09:14 AM)fanhood Wrote:  Anyway, for Navy fans, how is Navy's defense this year? The only game I watched was FAU. Can they stop the Tulsa running game?

I am quite confident in Navy's defense going into Tulsa. Especially stopping Tulsa's run game.

Navy's D already better than last year. That's good, since last tears was one of the three or four most porous of the Johnson-Niumatalolo era. Not the worst (I'm looking at you 2007) but bottom quartile.

To make sure that wasn't just opinion I looked at all twelve games of our three opponents
All three games, including two run-first teams, Navy held their opponent to season low rushing yards. All three season low yards per rush. One season low total yards, another below season average total yards. Two below season scoring average.
Hayden Moore did have a pretty doggone good game passing against us but he is pretty good - probably better than Tulsa's not-Dane-Evans options.

Meanwhile Tulsa has yet to show they can stop Navy in our conference contests. Last year WITH Evans came down to the wire, but our 2015 visit to Tulsa we rolled to 469 rushing yards.
I can keep from being overcome with confidence, though: what we haven't done yet this year is separate when the opportunity has been there
09-24-2017 02:08 PM
Nevadanatural Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa
I expect it to be a bloodbath. Tulsa has very poor tackling thus far this season which doesn't bode well for a game like this. In my opinion Tulsa should have won the UNM game and would have if they had stuck with the running game. Despite averaging almost 4.5 yards per carry they would continually throw on second down and when that failed, which was often, then they were forced to throw again or the third down run would be a yard short. With Navy being an option team, and therefore expected to defend the run well, I expect the TU coaches to have a similar game plan. If we stick with President then a pass heavy offense will not work. What teams like Navy have shown is if you're good at something then keep at it, don't try to be what you're not.
09-24-2017 02:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.