Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nebraska
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Nebraska
"Nebraska’s football struggles have helped lead to the immediate dismissal of athletic director Shawn Eichorst." - Yahoo! Sports
09-21-2017 03:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tigeer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UoM & WVU
RE: Nebraska
(09-21-2017 03:03 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  "Nebraska’s football struggles have helped lead to the immediate dismissal of athletic director Shawn Eichorst." - Yahoo! Sports

That is odd
09-21-2017 03:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
domer1978 Offline
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
I wish we had an admin that cared that much. All our ad does is soak the fans for money.
09-21-2017 03:43 PM
dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini
https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebras...-bo-pelini

Former Nebraska QB Tommy Armstrong on Shawn Eichorst firing: ‘Bet my dog coach Bo laughing right now’
09-21-2017 03:46 PM
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UoM & WVU
You would have thought they would have fired the coach first. I guess they will bring in new AD and let him/her do the job.
09-21-2017 03:49 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(09-21-2017 03:03 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  "Nebraska’s football struggles have helped lead to the immediate dismissal of athletic director Shawn Eichorst." - Yahoo! Sports

Maybe they should have fired the coach too!
09-21-2017 04:06 PM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(09-21-2017 03:49 PM)Tigeer Wrote:  You would have thought they would have fired the coach first. I guess they will bring in new AD and let him/her do the job.

If you don't like the job the AD is doing hiring people, you don't let him or her hire any more people.
09-21-2017 04:11 PM
templefootballfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
they'll never figure it out, expansion killing them
Neb went from 10 cupcakes a yr & getting doors blown off at bowl game
now they can't compete
can't believe nobody saw it coming
Tom Osbourne t the rescue
09-21-2017 04:14 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(09-21-2017 04:14 PM)templefootballfan Wrote:  they'll never figure it out, expansion killing them
Neb went from 10 cupcakes a yr & getting doors blown off at bowl game
now they can't compete
can't believe nobody saw it coming
Tom Osbourne t the rescue

Nebraska has won 13 major bowl games (Sugar, Orange, Fiesta, Rose).

Your team (Temple) has only even been to 6 bowl games in its history.
09-21-2017 05:43 PM
Renandpat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Central State
(09-21-2017 03:49 PM)Tigeer Wrote:  You would have thought they would have fired the coach first. I guess they will bring in new AD and let him/her do the job.
Eichorst did not lobby hard enough for Nebraska to keep the 27 year old tradition of playing on Black Friday when the B1G 2020 and 2021 schedules were released earlier this month. That's a big deal way to fail the fanbase.

In August, the UNL President asked that both Eichorst and Riley get an additional contract year, but the system chancellor said, “let’s visit that in December.” (Source)
09-21-2017 05:53 PM
NoDak Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UND
Rumors now on Twitter that Trevor Alberts, AD at Omaha, will be the next Husker AD but will continue as Omaha's AD.

Even odder rumor is that Omaha will turn over their hockey program to Huskers but still play in Omaha.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2017 06:14 PM by NoDak.)
09-21-2017 06:08 PM
Advertisement

CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
I call Nebraska's struggles "The Curse of Frank Solich". Coach Solich won more games (58) in his 6 seasons than Coach Osborne (55). Nebraska hasn't been the same since Steve Pederson screwed over Coach Solich and fired him.

Not as well known as "The Curse of The Bambino" or "The Curse of The Goat" but just as effective.
CJ
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2017 06:12 PM by CardinalJim.)
09-21-2017 06:12 PM
Section 200 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UC & XU
Seems so long ago that Nebraska admitted players no one else would touch to win. Now people confuse them Indiana, Purdue and other teams in cold farming states. SAD.
09-21-2017 09:18 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
(09-21-2017 06:12 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  I call Nebraska's struggles "The Curse of Frank Solich". Coach Solich won more games (58) in his 6 seasons than Coach Osborne (55). Nebraska hasn't been the same since Steve Pederson screwed over Coach Solich and fired him.

Not as well known as "The Curse of The Bambino" or "The Curse of The Goat" but just as effective.
CJ
After a 9-3 season too.

Mike Riley was a great coach at Oregon St.
09-21-2017 09:49 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Nebraska lacks natural recruiting advantage, so they need to create one. Osborne did that by emphasizing Big offensive linemen who redshirt until they were even bigger. Then by focusing on the run while others focused on the pass he created his own schematic and recruiting advantages. People need to appreciate what Osborne, and his disciple Solich, were able to do, and get out of the mindset that winning is easy there.
09-22-2017 06:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
Screw Nebraska. They blocked Arkansas from joining the Big 8 years ago.
09-22-2017 06:36 AM
Advertisement

quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(09-21-2017 06:12 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  I call Nebraska's struggles "The Curse of Frank Solich". Coach Solich won more games (58) in his 6 seasons than Coach Osborne (55). Nebraska hasn't been the same since Steve Pederson screwed over Coach Solich and fired him.

I don't blame Nebraska for firing Solich. IMO, his success his first four seasons was 'running on fumes', running on the Osbourne legacy. I liken it to when my Los Angeles Rams went to the Super Bowl in 1979. Ray Malavasi was the coach, it was his second year. He was a bad coach, and was rightly fired after the 1982 season, but the coach before him had put together an extremely talented team, and so he had all those players that year and they won the NFC for him. Once those all-pros got old and he had to do it on his own, the drop off was significant.

Nebraska was going down hill under Solich, who hasn't exactly set the world on fire at Ohio, where in 12 years he's 89-68 and has never won a conference title. He's proven to be a decent coach, arguably a borderline good coach, but a blue-chip program needs better than that. Nebraska's problem has been bad replacement choices.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2017 06:52 AM by quo vadis.)
09-22-2017 06:48 AM
GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marquette, BE
I don't get the argument that leaving the Big 12 has fueled Nebraska's descent into mediocrity. They are making twice as much in the B1G as any Big 12 school. The B1G hasn't erased any of their history, prestige or past success. Most importantly, the B1G did not fire Solich or Pelini, and replace them with Callahan and Riley, respectively. They are where they are due to poor leadership and even worse decision making.

They need to find the right fit at AD, first and foremost. Football is pivotal, but it is also important to hire the right coach with men's basketball as well. Miles seems to have peaked with his one NCAA appearance in five seasons (four of them losing). Nebraska cannot be middle of the pack in the West, and at the bottom in men's basketball. Both programs need an elevating.
09-22-2017 08:36 AM
mj4life Offline
1st String

I Root For: unc
(09-22-2017 08:36 AM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  I don't get the argument that leaving the Big 12 has fueled Nebraska's descent into mediocrity. They are making twice as much in the B1G as any Big 12 school. The B1G hasn't erased any of their history, prestige or past success. Most importantly, the B1G did not fire Solich or Pelini, and replace them with Callahan and Riley, respectively. They are where they are due to poor leadership and even worse decision making.

They need to find the right fit at AD, first and foremost. Football is pivotal, but it is also important to hire the right coach with men's basketball as well. Miles seems to have peaked with his one NCAA appearance in five seasons (four of them losing). Nebraska cannot be middle of the pack in the West, and at the bottom in men's basketball. Both programs need an elevating.
No doubt Nebraska has the money,profile & support to have a elite level program provided they hire the right coach but is Nebraska attractive to a Saban,Meyer or the next big up &coming coach in today's climate? Nebraska's fan base wants to be on equal terms with elite level programs & all of them can recruit elite level players easier than Nebraska can
09-22-2017 09:13 AM
cubucks Offline
All American

I Root For: tOSU/UNL/Ohio
(09-22-2017 08:36 AM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  I don't get the argument that leaving the Big 12 has fueled Nebraska's descent into mediocrity. They are making twice as much in the B1G as any Big 12 school. The B1G hasn't erased any of their history, prestige or past success. Most importantly, the B1G did not fire Solich or Pelini, and replace them with Callahan and Riley, respectively. They are where they are due to poor leadership and even worse decision making.

Agree 100%! First of all, Nebraska was down some before they joined the BIG.

2nd thing I never understood was "they lost their Texas recruits joining the BIG". Think about that, so if Texas is such a hotbed of recruiting, WHY are the colleges in Texas not winning titles? Add up all the national titles from the last 50 years of Texas, Texas A&M, Baylor, TCU, SMU, Rice, Houston etc... How many does it equal? I could be wrong, help me understand if I am, just never understood why the Texas schools haven't done more. I'm not trying to knock any of these schools, just an observation.

Sent from my SM-G920V using CSNbbs mobile app
09-22-2017 11:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.