RE: Sept 30th Marshall game time and network announced
At least it's not CBS Sports Net

09-18-2017 12:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bruce Monnin Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Worst time possible. Now none of the band will be able to get to Minster's Oktoberfest.

09-18-2017 02:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
(09-18-2017 12:50 PM)InspectorHound Wrote:  At least it's not CBS Sports Net
Based on the production against Miami I can't disagree more. CBSSN has quality production.

Sent from my SM-G935V using CSNbbs mobile app

09-18-2017 02:26 PM
dubcat14 Offline
1st String

They may have a quality product but from my understanding, 90% of America doesn't have access to it. I think most people would prefer access to the game even with subpar commentary over not being able to see it at all if you cant physically make it to the game.

(09-18-2017 02:26 PM)mlb Wrote:  
Based on the production against Miami I can't disagree more. CBSSN has quality production.

09-18-2017 02:29 PM
The Big O Offline
Special Teams

(09-18-2017 02:29 PM)dubcat14 Wrote:  They may have a quality product but from my understanding, 90% of America doesn't have access to it. I think most people would prefer access to the game even with subpar commentary over not being able to see it at all if you cant physically make it to the game.

It was carried in 61 million homes in 2015. I would imagine that number is higher now.

09-18-2017 02:33 PM
Advertisement

bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(09-18-2017 02:29 PM)dubcat14 Wrote:  They may have a quality product but from my understanding, 90% of America doesn't have access to it. I think most people would prefer access to the game even with subpar commentary over not being able to see it at all if you cant physically make it to the game.

Pretty sure you can get CBS Sports if you want it anywhere in the country. It was on my normal tier through timewarner. I had to pay for a sports package with Cincinnati Bell which is getting installed at the new house on Saturday, but I'll have the sports package. Various streaming services also have it, if you choose to go the streaming route. Understand that some don't want to pay for the sports tier and no issue with that, but CBSsports is often on regular tier, but when it is not you still can get it.

09-18-2017 02:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JPBearcat3 Offline
we'll do the rest, boys

I Root For: #BearcatNation
(09-18-2017 02:46 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

Pretty sure you can get CBS Sports if you want it anywhere in the country. It was on my normal tier through timewarner. I had to pay for a sports package with Cincinnati Bell which is getting installed at the new house on Saturday, but I'll have the sports package. Various streaming services also have it, if you choose to go the streaming route. Understand that some don't want to pay for the sports tier and no issue with that, but CBSsports is often on regular tier, but when it is not you still can get it.

Are you sure they have a streaming option? I remember that being my main complaint last year.

09-18-2017 02:55 PM
digibrink Offline
2nd String

(09-18-2017 02:55 PM)JPBearcat3 Wrote:  

Are you sure they have a streaming option? I remember that being my main complaint last year.

They only have a streaming option for Cox cable and a few other small companies last time I checked. So still inaccessible for the most part for cord cutters.

09-18-2017 02:58 PM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati

I recall people in similar situations "fighting back" by adding the sports tier on game day and canceling the next day. Rinsing and repeating a few times a year as necessary to see the few games they wanted. Apparently there were no minimums so you'd just face a prorated charge of say 35ish cents per purchase/cancellation on a $10/month tier. Do I have that right and is it still viable?

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2017 03:23 PM by Bearhawkeye.)
09-18-2017 03:21 PM
Former Lurker Offline
All American

I Root For: UC...who else?
Any type of regular TV beats crappy streaming video. The athletic department should make a concerted effort to get the feed picked up by Channels 19 or 64, or Fox Sports Cincinnati.

09-18-2017 03:28 PM
Advertisement

digibrink Offline
2nd String

(09-18-2017 03:28 PM)Former Lurker Wrote:  Any type of regular TV beats crappy streaming video. The athletic department should make a concerted effort to get the feed picked up by Channels 19 or 64, or Fox Sports Cincinnati.

Can't confirm this, but I thought the TV deal (which sucks) doesn't allow local coverage because ESPN has the tier 3 rights to these games.

ESPN's app is terrible, but for the most part sports stream perfectly and I never have issues despite Comcast's slow speeds. I watch all NFL games streaming and the quality is amazing. Great quality plus the ability to watch replays (because life tends to get in the way of football far too often) makes streaming a much better option than live tv.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2017 03:34 PM by digibrink.)
09-18-2017 03:33 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Whenever I stream ESPN3, it always freezes on me.

09-18-2017 03:39 PM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(09-18-2017 02:55 PM)JPBearcat3 Wrote:  

Playstation Vue has CBS sports on their second lowest package https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/channels/

Hulu also offers cbssports with their streaming service
https://www.hulu.com/live-tv

I don't think it's offered on Slingtv or Youtube at this time.

09-18-2017 03:59 PM
RealDeal Online
Heisman

I Root For: UC
Yep, I've been a Vue customer and the only thing I really missed from satellite was the CBS Sports games we had. I was super excited when they added it a few weeks ago.

09-18-2017 04:53 PM
Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
Cats vs. the smoldering turd.

09-18-2017 05:27 PM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
(09-18-2017 04:53 PM)RealDeal Wrote:  Yep, I've been a Vue customer and the only thing I really missed from satellite was the CBS Sports games we had. I was super excited when they added it a few weeks ago.
Me too. I love the service, it is fantastic.

09-19-2017 11:17 AM
Cat-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Soooo what you are telling me is, that I also won't be able to stream the Navy game this weekend because it is on CBS Sports Network? 03-hissyfit

09-19-2017 01:22 PM
Bruce Monnin Online
Hall of Famer

(09-19-2017 01:22 PM)Cat-Man Wrote:  Soooo what you are telling me is, that I also won't be able to stream the Navy game this weekend because it is on CBS Sports Network? 03-hissyfit

But I get to watch it because it is on the CBS Sports Network. That ESPN3 thing through my Apple TV is a pain in the butt.

09-19-2017 01:27 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
The unfortunate reality is if you are a fan of a school like UC you have to have a provider that offers CBS Sports on your basic cable, pay more for the upgraded sports package or add Hulu or Playstation Vue. Last year 1/3 of all football and basketball games were on CBS Sports.

09-19-2017 01:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.