Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Demetrius Market leaves football team
Bookmark and Share
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Exclamation Demetrius Market leaves football team
Sophomore defensive back Demetrius Market has left the Southern Miss football team.

Market confirmed his departure with the Hattiesburg American Wednesday afternoon.

The former three-star recruit out of South Panola made 12 appearances at cornerback for the Golden Eagles as a true freshman last season. He totaled four tackles in 2016. Market participated in last week’s 24-17 loss to Kentucky but did not register any stats.

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/story...rom=global
09-06-2017 09:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

va-eagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Demetrius Market leaves football team
(09-06-2017 09:55 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  Sophomore defensive back Demetrius Market has left the Southern Miss football team.

Market confirmed his departure with the Hattiesburg American Wednesday afternoon.

The former three-star recruit out of South Panola made 12 appearances at cornerback for the Golden Eagles as a true freshman last season. He totaled four tackles in 2016. Market participated in last week’s 24-17 loss to Kentucky but did not register any stats.

We would have needed him next season.
09-07-2017 07:17 AM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

Does the article give a reason? (It gives me the "complimentary... expired" bit).
09-07-2017 07:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Up2stuff Offline
Special Teams

(09-07-2017 07:17 AM)va-eagle Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 09:55 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  Sophomore defensive back Demetrius Market has left the Southern Miss football team.

We would have needed him next season.

Hopefully not. 04-cheers

Quote:The team currently has four verbal commitments from defensive backs: high schoolers Curry Benn and Malik Shorts, as well as junior college prospects Ty Williams and Denzel Washington. 
09-07-2017 11:09 AM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(09-07-2017 07:47 AM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  Does the article give a reason? (It gives me the "complimentary... expired" bit).

It alludes that the reason was bc he wasn't getting enough playing time / was the backup.
09-07-2017 12:22 PM
Bleacher Eagle Offline
2nd String

I Root For: USM
(09-07-2017 12:22 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  It alludes that the reason was bc he wasn't getting enough playing time / was the backup.

According to the depth chart for the UK game, he was the 2nd team rover as a true sophomore playing behind a redshirt senior. Leaving now doesn't make sense. According to his 247 recruiting profile, we were his only offer. Yet, here he is in position to see legitimate playing time in all four seasons with a serious chance to start his Jr. & Sr. seasons.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2017 12:40 PM by Bleacher Eagle.)
09-07-2017 12:39 PM
Advertisement

eagle04 Offline
All American

(09-07-2017 12:39 PM)Bleacher Eagle Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 12:22 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  It alludes that the reason was bc he wasn't getting enough playing time / was the backup.

According to the depth chart for the UK game, he was the 2nd team rover as a true sophomore playing behind a redshirt senior. Leaving now doesn't make sense. According to his 247 recruiting profile, we were his only offer. Yet, here he is in position to see legitimate playing time in all four seasons with a serious chance to start his Jr. & Sr. seasons.

Yeah something doesn't jive there.
09-07-2017 01:28 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

Idk. Reading the article i think it said he lost pt to a true freshman at corner and was moved to saftey
09-07-2017 04:47 PM
Eagle9 Offline
Special Teams

He's a south panola kid. They have a long history of this kind of thing after high school. They've had a ton of great HS Players/recruits. But it seems like a disproportionate amount of them never do anything in college. The kid wasn't getting the playing time he wanted after 1 game of his sophomore season and left. He was undersized and a step slow and wouldn't have been a great player anyway.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2017 05:40 PM by Eagle9.)
09-07-2017 05:40 PM
Up2stuff Offline
Special Teams

According to Munz he has reached out to the coaches to come back to the team. Not sure if he will be allowed to return or not.

Munz
09-21-2017 11:54 AM
Bleacher Eagle Offline
2nd String

I Root For: USM
(09-21-2017 11:54 AM)Up2stuff Wrote:  According to Munz he has reached out to the coaches to come back to the team. Not sure if he will be allowed to return or not.
Let the team vote on it. They’re the ones he quit on.
09-21-2017 06:57 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
if I'm Hop and he was sincere.....

....he'd wear a t-shirt to class every single day that stated, "I will do my best to earn the respect of my classmates, teammates, and will demonstrate 'humility and respect' to all until I graduate!"

anything else is unacceptable in my book......I don't give two shites how good he could become on the field of play.....if he could agree to that, he becomes better at both life and anything else....
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2017 07:35 PM by stinkfist.)
09-21-2017 07:34 PM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
I want to see an effin’ CUSA champ trophy raised in December at THE ROCK! If this kid helps our chances than bring him back ASAP.

TTT...
09-21-2017 07:49 PM
stinkfist Online

(09-21-2017 07:49 PM)TTT Wrote:  I want to see an effin’ CUSA champ trophy raised in December at THE ROCK! If this kid helps our chances than bring him back ASAP.

TTT...

how are deandre and battery boy doing these days.....and this kid is not even close to their league.....

phuck that!

that'd be a great precedent to set.....
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2017 07:54 PM by stinkfist.)
09-21-2017 07:53 PM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

Again, I want a championship. Eff setting precedents...this isn’t 2011 anymore. Setting precedents leads to this kid going to UAB or LT and him burning us in 2 years and we all get pissed at Hop, because that’s what we do. We need to win and win fast. If this kid gives us a better chance of winning the conference then let him back on.
09-21-2017 08:10 PM
stinkfist Online

(09-21-2017 08:10 PM)TTT Wrote:  Again, I want a championship. Eff setting precedents...this isn’t 2011 anymore. Setting precedents leads to this kid going to UAB or LT and him burning us in 2 years and we all get pissed at Hop, because that’s what we do. We need to win and win fast. If this kid gives us a better chance of winning the conference then let him back on.

we'll agree to disagree on this one.....g-nite....
09-21-2017 08:32 PM
Advertisement

TTT Offline
#SMTTT

04-cheers
09-21-2017 08:40 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
(09-21-2017 08:40 PM)TTT Wrote:  04-cheers

WHAT'S THE ATTENDANCE IN THE PHOTO, 29,000? 04-cheers
09-21-2017 08:50 PM
TheChosenOne Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Home Team
(09-21-2017 06:57 PM)Bleacher Eagle Wrote:  
(09-21-2017 11:54 AM)Up2stuff Wrote:  According to Munz he has reached out to the coaches to come back to the team. Not sure if he will be allowed to return or not.
Let the team vote on it. They’re the ones he quit on.

Agreed. If the team and coaches except him back all others should as well. He should face his team mates to plead his case. If they're okay with it, so am I.
09-21-2017 09:32 PM
Up2stuff Offline
Special Teams

Maybe I'm just getting soft. But I think it should come down to the reason he left in the first place. That and what kind of kid (attitude, class room, teammate, etc.) he was while he was on the team. I'm not sure we know everything behind his leaving. We should remember these are still 18-22 year olds going through some of the biggest changes faced in life. I don't know the details on him. If he was a good kid and a good teammate, I'd rather see a kid like that given a second chance vs. someone that's been in trouble with the law. It's not like he was called out for rape or something.

Bottom line - I have to trust the coaches call on this since they certainly know more details than I do. 04-cheers
09-22-2017 07:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.