Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Attendance Not Just USM Issue
Bookmark and Share
LouisianaEagleEdD Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Southern Miss
Attendance Not Just USM Issue
LSU and State both basically giving away tix. Just a few years ago they were selling out for whoever was in town.
09-05-2017 12:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: Attendance Not Just USM Issue
(09-05-2017 12:31 PM)LouisianaEagleEdD Wrote:  LSU and State both basically giving away tix. Just a few years ago they were selling out for whoever was in town.

was inevitable...

today's version are lazy *****...

send Al Goring an Xmas card....
09-05-2017 12:45 PM
TheChosenOne Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Home Team
Upper deck from 30 to end zone should be $10 - $15. Also need to increase student section rather it be across or up. Students are like sardines in the one small section. More may attend if adequate space provided.

Athletic Department must be scared it will lose revenue by allowing reduced pricing. Those purchasing tickets may decide to pursue cheaper option. Granted they'd have a few but the demand should offset.

Hard to believe Southern Miss actually educates future leaders in areas of marketing, IT of any type and business management. Whatever they're teaching do the opposite
09-05-2017 12:51 PM
TheChosenOne Offline
1st String

Oh yes, most important, petition state legislators for ability to sell alcohol. Huge missed opportunity. Make the games a party
09-05-2017 12:53 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

Well, Lsu is playing chatanooga in a stadium that holds 102,000.

Also, ive asked lsu fans before about how well attended their games would be if they only had charlotte, north texas, old dominion, etc., coming to tiger stadium. They laughed and said hardly anyone would come.

Now, the fact that no one showed up for the kentucky game changes things a bit. I was shocked to see that and its concerning. If was savannah state, it would make more sense. But theres no way to spin the showing this past weekend.
09-05-2017 01:39 PM
EagleFWB Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USM
I really see no excuse for the attendance against UK. Terrible is the only word for it. A clear reflection of the the interest level in our program right now. Pretty sad stuff.
09-05-2017 01:43 PM
Advertisement

LouisianaEagleEdD Offline
Bench Warmer

Winning will solve many ills.
09-05-2017 01:49 PM
Black Diamond Reb Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ole Miss / USM
(09-05-2017 01:49 PM)LouisianaEagleEdD Wrote:  Winning SUNWACUSA and the annual LaLa Bowl will solve many ills.

Yeah Boy.
09-05-2017 02:04 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(09-05-2017 02:04 PM)Black Diamond Reb Wrote:  
(09-05-2017 01:49 PM)LouisianaEagleEdD Wrote:  Winning SUNWACUSA and the annual LaLa Bowl will solve many ills.

Yeah Boy.

Rinse and repeat. Good grief you're getting old. If you were a real comic you would be dying up there.
At least try some new 'derogatories'. The same ole thing is really getting stale.
09-05-2017 02:16 PM
1st String

(09-05-2017 02:16 PM)SoMs Eagle Wrote:  SUNWACUSA and the annual LaLa Bowl. Rinse and repeat. The same ole thing is really getting stale.

As was reflected in Saturday's attendance.
09-05-2017 02:21 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(09-05-2017 02:21 PM)Black Diamond Reb Wrote:  
(09-05-2017 02:16 PM)SoMs Eagle Wrote:  SUNWACUSA and the annual LaLa Bowl. Rinse and repeat. The same ole thing is really getting stale.

As was reflected in Saturday's attendance.

You may be a fan in some respect but you add nothing here. Not that that is required but people who are constantly negative are a pain to be around. Don't hang with that at all. Unfortunately to interact on these message boards I have to in a way hang out with you. It gets old. Bring some positive 'energy' occasionally and your derogatory sarcasm would be more tolerable. Not that that is important to you.
09-05-2017 02:28 PM
Advertisement

1st String

(09-05-2017 02:28 PM)SoMs Eagle Wrote:  Bring some positive 'energy' occasionally.

I'm positive SUNWACUSA sucks and fewer people are wasting 'energy' on its' programs and why prospective and former fans are only "occasionally" showing interest.
09-05-2017 02:36 PM
SouthernMissSNu Offline
1st String

(09-05-2017 12:51 PM)TheChosenOne Wrote:  Upper deck from 30 to end zone should be $10 - $15. Also need to increase student section rather it be across or up. Students are like sardines in the one small section. More may attend if adequate space provided.

Athletic Department must be scared it will lose revenue by allowing reduced pricing. Those purchasing tickets may decide to pursue cheaper option. Granted they'd have a few but the demand should offset.

Hard to believe Southern Miss actually educates future leaders in areas of marketing, IT of any type and business management. Whatever they're teaching do the opposite

The student section is technically the lower and upper sections on that end, but they give away a "deal" that if you join the Student Eagle Club for $10 you are able to sit in the lower section instead of the upper section. The only problem with this is if you don't join the Eagle Club, all you have to do to get in the lower section is go up to the upper section, and walk down. There's no one to regulate this.

A thought of what could happen:
Upper Level:
30s to endzone: Between $10 and $15
Between the 30s: $20-$30

Lower Level
30s to endzone: between $40-$50
Between the 30s: between $50-$70

Endzone Seating
Keep what it is, because people seem to be generally happy with these tickets from what I've heard.

The student section needs to remain sections JKL (maybe creep into part of section M). The ticket office needs to designate section M (and MM maybe) as the "Young Alumni" section and offer their discounted recent alumni season tickets/general admission tickets (upper or lower level) there for alumni who are 5 years removed or less (instead of 3 years like it is now).
09-05-2017 02:47 PM
TheChosenOne Offline
1st String

(09-05-2017 02:47 PM)SouthernMissSNu Wrote:  
(09-05-2017 12:51 PM)TheChosenOne Wrote:  Upper deck from 30 to end zone should be $10 - $15. Also need to increase student section rather it be across or up. Students are like sardines in the one small section. More may attend if adequate space provided.

The student section is technically the lower and upper sections on that end, but they give away a "deal" that if you join the Student Eagle Club for $10 you are able to sit in the lower section instead of the upper section. The only problem with this is if you don't join the Eagle Club, all you have to do to get in the lower section is go up to the upper section, and walk down. There's no one to regulate this.

A thought of what could happen:
Upper Level:
30s to endzone: Between $10 and $15
Between the 30s: $20-$30

Lower Level
30s to endzone: between $40-$50
Between the 30s: between $50-$70

Endzone Seating
Keep what it is, because people seem to be generally happy with these tickets from what I've heard.

The student section needs to remain sections JKL (maybe creep into part of section M). The ticket office needs to designate section M (and MM maybe) as the "Young Alumni" section and offer their discounted recent alumni season tickets/general admission tickets (upper or lower level) there for alumni who are 5 years removed or less (instead of 3 years like it is now).

Solid post... Did not realize student section covered up top. Just a note, those sitting on west side (home) between the 30's already pay significant amount. Must donate extra dollars to be eligible for seating
09-05-2017 03:19 PM
EagNBran Offline
All American

1. BDR is mostly just dry sarcasm. Best to ignore if you don't enjoy it, but he doesn't mean to be uber negative. Just trying to make light of sucky situations.

2. The students don't need to expand anything. If this was 6 years ago, absolutely. We were piling students in to the top of the Rock in 2011 and they were considering giving us another lower section. From what I saw Saturday, they didn't even fill the bottom level and the top was vacant. Not a chance they'll be given even more space.
09-05-2017 03:22 PM
1st String

(09-05-2017 03:19 PM)TheChosenOne Wrote:  Those sitting on west side between the 30's already pay significant amount.

Saturday, as with most home games, two people could buy a ticket anywhere and find seats in any section they desired.
09-05-2017 03:25 PM
Advertisement

TheChosenOne Offline
1st String

(09-05-2017 03:25 PM)Black Diamond Reb Wrote:  
(09-05-2017 03:19 PM)TheChosenOne Wrote:  Those sitting on west side between the 30's already pay significant amount.

Saturday, as with most home games, two people could buy a ticket anywhere and find seats in any section they desired.

Based on Kentucky it's unfortunate but you're correct. Maybe I should try this in lieu of buying season tickets. Uh, naw, then I'd be part of the overall problem.
09-05-2017 03:30 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
Unless we screw the pooch, every home game from now on will have better attendance figures....Really surprised at UK's lack of support, we had more people at WKU two years ago.
09-05-2017 04:04 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-05-2017 03:22 PM)EagNBran Wrote:  1. BDR is mostly just dry sarcasm. Best to ignore if you don't enjoy it, but he doesn't mean to be uber negative. Just trying to make light of sucky situations.

2. The students don't need to expand anything. If this was 6 years ago, absolutely. We were piling students in to the top of the Rock in 2011 and they were considering giving us another lower section. From what I saw Saturday, they didn't even fill the bottom level and the top was vacant. Not a chance they'll be given even more space.

Labor day weekend. Students went home.
09-05-2017 05:12 PM
1st String

(09-05-2017 04:04 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  Every home game from now on will have better attendance figures.

[Image: pointing-and-laughing.gif]
09-05-2017 05:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.