Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Blue Raider apologies to C-USA
Bookmark and Share
Blue Raider Dave Offline
1st String

I Root For: Middle Tenn
Blue Raider apologies to C-USA
Vanderbilt imposing their will on us on our own field. Stockstill needs to be fired before the clock strikes midnight. Sorry to let the rest of you down with this piss poor performance. I'm done.
09-02-2017 07:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Blue Raider apologies to C-USA
I'm watching your game
09-02-2017 07:53 PM
Blue Raider Dave Offline
1st String

(09-02-2017 07:53 PM)EagleX Wrote:  I'm watching your game

Why? lol
09-02-2017 07:55 PM
EagleX Offline

(09-02-2017 07:55 PM)Blue Raider Dave Wrote:  
(09-02-2017 07:53 PM)EagleX Wrote:  I'm watching your game

Why? lol

because, in the milieu of tings that I can watch due to the miracle of satellite tv, I chose your game
09-02-2017 08:08 PM
EagleX Offline

and because I like the raiders
09-02-2017 08:09 PM
EagleX Offline

you guys aren't done yet.

I've seem you put 21 points on the board in an eyelash
09-02-2017 08:21 PM
Advertisement

Blue Raider Dave Offline
1st String

(09-02-2017 08:21 PM)EagleX Wrote:  you guys aren't done yet.

I've seem you put 21 points on the board in an eyelash

Not against this defense. Vandy's defense is REALLY legit. Stockstill has no time to complete anything.
09-02-2017 08:30 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Our defense is as bad as last year's. And our offense has done nothing.

The thing that really drives me damn crazy is RUNNING OUT THE CLOCK before halftime with 1 minute and THREE timeouts when you're down 21. So freaking HORRIBLE coaching
09-02-2017 08:30 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
Jesus, it's only halftime. Don't lose your head.
09-02-2017 08:38 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-02-2017 08:38 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  Jesus, it's only halftime. Don't lose your head.

This is the same crap we have seen literally the ENTIRE time we have had Stockstill as a head coach. Hoping we can turn it around but this is a common sight under our current HC.
09-02-2017 08:41 PM
goliath74 Offline

I Root For: FAU, FSU
I was not expecting this...
09-02-2017 08:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

Typical. The one player on Vandy offense you cover at all times goes in motion, no one sees it / reacts on defense... and it's a 70 yard touchdown. Time for a coaching change! Awful awful awful
09-02-2017 08:51 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

Embarrassing performance. I wonder how many times our "coach" will say we competed. Also I wonder, is it a common thing for a HC to not bother to talk to his team before they go out on the field, on offense or defense? Stockstill just stood by himself for pretty much the entire second half. It's like we don't have a HC.
09-02-2017 10:16 PM
Franko Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
(09-02-2017 08:30 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  Our defense is as bad as last year's. And our offense has done nothing.

The thing that really drives me damn crazy is RUNNING OUT THE CLOCK before halftime with 1 minute and THREE timeouts when you're down 21. So freaking HORRIBLE coaching
I agree that always pissed me off and that makes no sense but he is not the first coach to do that. That is one thing you could say about Brohm he would've tried to score, Doughty was allowed to throw on 4th and short even.
09-03-2017 08:55 AM
MTalum09 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: MTSU
I have never been so disappointed in this team like I am after last night. Here's my take on several things.

1. Time for Stock to go. No excuses anymore. We have a new DC and a 2nd year OC. Instead of their awesome talents being displayed, we are seeing the same mistakes, plays, etc. from previous OCs and DCs. The one common denominator in all of this is Stock. It's his 11th season and he literally couldn't care any less than he displayed last night.

2. Mason was in every huddle last night, grabbing face masks, chewing butts out, making sure his players knew how much he wanted this win. Where was Stock? On the opposite end of the field from the play with his arms crossed and didn't say 1 word all night. That's not how you coach.

3. We lost a ton of fans from that piss poor performance. It was literally an embarrassment. Attendance will suffer the rest of the season and we'll get the same old begging from Stock and Massaro stating that we have a "good product on the field" and "they need your support." They will fail to see that turds being laid in your home opener is a big reason why the momentum doesn't carry over and having a stand still coach doesn't really produce hype in the community.

4. We fired Andy Mac and he beat Vandy. Stock is now 0-3 against them.

5. We will go 3-9 this season based on what I viewed last night. No bowl this year, if we do miraculously win more than 3.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2017 09:35 AM by MTalum09.)
09-03-2017 09:34 AM
Shrack Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
Really can't base a whole season off 1 game. It can go either way, so don't panic

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
09-03-2017 09:43 AM
Advertisement

Blue Raider Dave Offline
1st String

(09-03-2017 09:34 AM)MTalum09 Wrote:  I have never been so disappointed in this team like I am after last night. Here's my take on several things.

1. Time for Stock to go. No excuses anymore. We have a new DC and a 2nd year OC. Instead of their awesome talents being displayed, we are seeing the same mistakes, plays, etc. from previous OCs and DCs. The one common denominator in all of this is Stock. It's his 11th season and he literally couldn't care any less than he displayed last night.

2. Mason was in every huddle last night, grabbing face masks, chewing butts out, making sure his players knew how much he wanted this win. Where was Stock? On the opposite end of the field from the play with his arms crossed and didn't say 1 word all night. That's not how you coach.

3. We lost a ton of fans from that piss poor performance. It was literally an embarrassment. Attendance will suffer the rest of the season and we'll get the same old begging from Stock and Massaro stating that we have a "good product on the field" and "they need your support." They will fail to see that turds being laid in your home opener is a big reason why the momentum doesn't carry over and having a stand still coach doesn't really produce hype in the community.

4. We fired Andy Mac and he beat Vandy. Stock is now 0-3 against them.

5. We will go 3-9 this season based on what I viewed last night. No bowl this year, if we do miraculously win more than 3.

Sums up my feelings.
09-03-2017 10:05 AM
USM@FTL Offline
All American

Vandy might actually be somewhat good.
09-03-2017 10:46 AM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-03-2017 10:46 AM)USM@FTL Wrote:  Vandy might actually be somewhat good.

It wouldn't be as maddening if we had actually had any chance against them. Our offensive line was pushed around all game by a Vandy defense that is rebuilding from last year, when they lost their best linebacker ever in Cunningham. Stockstill threw an INT on our second drive and Vandy scored like two plays later and everything just fell apart from there. We played fairly well on defense after the first quarter, but the offense was totally destroyed by Vandy's defense on almost every drive (except our one touchdown, followed by of course a blocked PAT).

It's not even the frustration of not being as good. It is the pitiful coaching that we have to sit through every game. We get the ball with more than a minute left in the first half, down by 3 scores, and with THREE timeouts left ... and what does our coach do but run the ball up the middle to make the clock hit all zeros and then run like a coward to the locker room. It baffles my mind, it's like we aren't playing to win but just to see what happens. In what world would you ever make such a horrible decision to not even try to score before the half when you are down? I even said in the stands, "Watch. This idiot coach will run the ball up the middle three times and then go to the locker room to pout and we will not have any momentum." And what did we do, but run the ball up the middle three times and then we had no momentum to start the second half - when WE GOT THE BALL - and could have cut the Vandy lead to 21-14 at the start of the 3rd quarter if we had been aggressive at all at the end of the first half.

It is just ridiculous. There was a reason why I was so pissed at the end of the last year. Was hoping the HC would have learned at least something from the collapse. But no, still the lame, un-involved crap we have seen the entire time he has been our coach. At least our defense may be better than last year's but that does not fix the uninspired and quite frankly off-putting leadership at the top of this team.
09-03-2017 11:04 AM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
MT was my favorite to win the East this season, but now I'm beginning to wonder. WKU won yesterday, but not in a blowout. ODU fans have to be excited about the early results.
09-03-2017 01:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.